Ride more, bitch less.

June 4, 2019, 12:42 p.m.

Posted by: swinefeaster

anyone out there still freeride? looking to hook up a shuttle this Sunday for cyp/Seymour/etc. can take 4 bikes...

888's suck for freeriding.

June 4, 2019, 6:20 p.m.

I guess it's all about challenging yourself to improve.

June 4, 2019, 11:59 p.m.

Posted by: earleb

Posted by: swinefeaster

anyone out there still freeride? looking to hook up a shuttle this Sunday for cyp/Seymour/etc. can take 4 bikes...

888's suck for freeriding.

Even worse for Fault d0rpz 2 tyranny.

Dec. 8, 2019, 10:08 p.m.

Great day riding North Shore trails Saturday. Classic wet, gnarly roots, rain & fog. It was a challenge. We are so lucky to have this area in our back yards & to be able to ride it.

Dec. 9, 2019, 11:29 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Great day riding North Shore trails Saturday. Classic wet, gnarly roots, rain & fog. It was a challenge. We are so lucky to have this area in our back yards & to be able to ride it.

Yes this time of year is great. Sunday was so warm no jacket required. The trail maintenance on Fromme has been unreal how fast it drains and dries out after a rain cycle. Pretty happy with the Goodyear Newton's. Think I finally figured out the right PSI and they are sticking to all the slippery stuff.

Dec. 12, 2019, 12:32 p.m.

I have a cold, lots of stormy weather and rain....too much going on at work....not enough riding....wanted to crack the 4k mark this year but barely managed 3.2k....a bit frustrated.  So, more bitching and not enough riding for me.

Oh well....there is always next season.

Dec. 12, 2019, 7:24 p.m.

Hopefully will get in a snow ride this weekend. Depends on the freezing levels.

Dec. 20, 2019, 2:23 p.m.

Full Nelson hard tail beer laps for me and my crew last weekend. Sunny and warm-ish. The weekend may have been book-ended by weeks of downpour, but the residual smile still remains.

Dec. 21, 2019, 11:35 a.m.

Did ride 130km this week, most of it was my commute and did some trail maintenance and clearing with my 9 year old today. 

Then we finished oir day with eating dinner and watching bike videos...and we both had a blast watching the promo for the new Nukeproof hardtail and Barelli's ride down that trail in Squamish on a citybike. 

Now...tomorrow we ride...again. Good times.

Dec. 21, 2019, 12:30 p.m.

Posted by: Mic

Did ride 130km this week, most of it was my commute and did some trail maintenance and clearing with my 9 year old today.

Nice!

Did you happen to see that article about the English cyclist whose ridden 1 million lifetime miles? Absolute draw dropper. I mean hitting that mileage by jetplane is normally a lifetime achievement for frequent flyers.

Talk about a life well lived!

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/pinkbike-poll-how-far-have-you-ridden-in-your-lifetime.html

Last edited by: Hepcat on Dec. 21, 2019, 2:16 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
Dec. 21, 2019, 2:26 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

Nice!

Did you happen to see that article about the English cyclist whose ridden 1 million lifetime miles? Absolute draw dropper. I mean hitting that mileage by jetplane is normally a lifetime achievement for frequent flyers.

Talk about a life well lived!

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/pinkbike-poll-how-far-have-you-ridden-in-your-lifetime.html

Thanks. 

Yes, came across that on PB and was actually quite speechless. And have been thinking about his records since then....how meticulous he has kept them all these decades. Most riders get all rosy eyed when they manage some decent mileage in a year...but 1 million miles in a lifetime and he is not done yet. Holy cow. 

Some serious inspiration. 

As some stated in the comments, easier to collect lots of miles on a road bike than an mtb. But I like both. All ride. N+1.

Dec. 21, 2019, 3:20 p.m.

Yes, came across that on PB and was actually quite speechless. And have been thinking about his records since then....how meticulous he has kept them all these decades. Most riders get all rosy eyed when they manage some decent mileage in a year...but 1 million miles in a lifetime and he is not done yet. Holy cow. 

As some stated in the comments, easier to collect lots of miles on a road bike than an mtb. But I like both. All ride. N+1.

to put that into some sort of perspective, it's like riding 600km per week every week for 51 years in a row. or, riding 86km/day every day for 51 years straight.

Dec. 22, 2019, 1:24 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

to put that into some sort of perspective, it's like riding 600km per week every week for 51 years in a row. or, riding 86km/day every day for 51 years straight.

yes...mental...but intrigueing, at least as a mental game. I would choose something flat-ish for that, kind of like the Netherlands....86 km is a whopper, miss a day, ride a bit more, regularly (as in years to come) 200km or more. Come to think of it.... I really enjoyed reading "Tomorrow we ride", an autobiography on the life of the Bobet brothers, and one image stuck in my head, both on their road bikes on a 100sth training ride munching away at their baguettes while pedalling in woolen kits.

I'd like to know if some of the old riders who raced the classics back are still riding that much, if still alive.

Last edited by: Mic on Dec. 22, 2019, 1:24 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 29, 2019, 8 a.m.

Been riding in Finale Ligure the last threee days. Staying home was a bit too much....soo off for a short ride in 15 C and nice food and sweet trails.

Jan. 1, 2020, 7:56 a.m.

Changes is inevitable but it's nice to see that after 16.5 years of this thread bouncing around, the core ride values have endured.

Thanks for keeping the lights on and the wheels turning.

Last edited by: Ned on Jan. 1, 2020, 7:57 a.m., edited 1 time in total.