Ride more, bitch less.

Nov. 22, 2016, 1:09 p.m.

Some waterproof riding shorts will change your life. They're so good, and I just can't believe they've only been around for a few years.

Yup, I picked up a pair of Endura shorts from LVB and they are amazing. No more riding around with a wet ass. These and a pair of Goretex socks have been game changers for winter riding and trail work.

Nov. 22, 2016, 1:41 p.m.

goretex socks work, huh? what are you using specifically?

Nov. 22, 2016, 1:43 p.m.

Yup, I picked up a pair of Endura shorts from LVB and they are amazing. No more riding around with a wet ass. These and a pair of Goretex socks have been game changers for winter riding and trail work.

Are these the socks you have?
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/4000-338/Stretch-GORE-TEX-Oversocks

Nov. 22, 2016, 3:02 p.m.

I took a month off riding to get healthy, stretch, build, run (yes running sucks). putting my bike on an air plane in four days to go visit some friends on that earth quake prone island in the southen hemisphere. yep. I hope its ski season when I return.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Nov. 22, 2016, 10:08 p.m.

Back up to Exit 27 yesterday with the new dog yesterday. Today - laps round the lake.

Here's the new trail dog.

Nov. 22, 2016, 10:41 p.m.

Some waterproof riding shorts will change your life. They're so good, and I just can't believe they've only been around for a few years.

Beg to differ … Roach made waterproof shorts more than a few years ago (at least like 2002). After about a decade later they they still have pretty good water resistance and seams and fabric are still going strong.

Nov. 23, 2016, 4:21 p.m.

Are these the socks you have?
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/4000-338/Stretch-GORE-TEX-Oversocks

Yup, those are them. I always thought they were a bit ridiculous and over-priced, but my wife bought me a pair for Christmas and they really do work. Your shoes still get soaked obviously, but your feet are always toasty warm.

Nov. 23, 2016, 6:28 p.m.

Thx for the xmas idea Skooks.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Nov. 23, 2016, 7:21 p.m.

Here's the new trail dog.

Oh my, what a cutie! Looks like a Muppet. I miss my old trail dog. Best riding buddy ever.

Nov. 23, 2016, 7:25 p.m.

Yup, those are them. I always thought they were a bit ridiculous and over-priced, but my wife bought me a pair for Christmas and they really do work. Your shoes still get soaked obviously, but your feet are always toasty warm.

My pair lasted a few years before they ripped at a seam on one of them. They were a little tight, size up.

Chainsmoker 8)

Nov. 25, 2016, 2:50 p.m.

My pair lasted a few years before they ripped at a seam on one of them. They were a little tight, size up.

True dat. There is absolutely NO stretch in these things.

Dec. 22, 2016, 9:31 a.m.

Throw it down, where should I ride if I bring my Ti Honzo to the old stomping grounds?

Ride More Bitch Less

Dec. 22, 2016, 10:41 p.m.

Since summer time I've been riding lots again. I dont know how i didnt ride for so many years because riding is always on my mind.
Now that it's cold n snowy I've taken this time to get back into physio to fix old injury's and train.
I find that I complain the most about having no one to ride with. I don't let that stop me from riding tho, just gets boring riding alone sometime.
I definitely miss the nsmb group rides that were arranged on this forum way back in the day.
Anyone still pushing the big bikes up fromme lol?

Edit. I just noticed how old this thread is, so many good memorys hahah.

superheros
I like bikes

Dec. 23, 2016, 6:23 a.m.

I am nearly finished packing my stuff……heading down south to Finale Ligure in Italy probably tomorrow night for a few days of riding in 14 deg Celsius.

Soooo looking forward to this after more or less 8 months of misery.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 23, 2016, 8:09 a.m.

Since summer time I've been riding lots again. I dont know how i didnt ride for so many years because riding is always on my mind.
Now that it's cold n snowy I've taken this time to get back into physio to fix old injury's and train.
I find that I complain the most about having no one to ride with. I don't let that stop me from riding tho, just gets boring riding alone sometime.
I definitely miss the nsmb group rides that were arranged on this forum way back in the day.
Anyone still pushing the big bikes up fromme lol?

Edit. I just noticed how old this thread is, so many good memorys hahah.

I remember you from earlier days. Glad you still ride. Never stop!

Ride More Bitch Less