Ride more, bitch less.

March 15, 2013, 1:28 p.m.

Harrrrumphhhh rhymes with thread digger bump.

Dear Old Guys of NSMB,

My groms are dropping me and telling me I'm uncool. My only recourse is to issue more chores, cut off their Internet, dock their allowance, refuse to fix their MTB's or moto's and padlock the fridge.

Any other sage wisdom from those who are closer to retirement than getting their driver's license? I'm heading out to the back 20 behind the house to continue digging berms into the horse trails…….. tell me what you know.

Cut off their Internet? That's pretty cruel.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 15, 2013, 4:55 p.m.

Harrrrumphhhh rhymes with thread digger bump.

Dear Old Guys of NSMB,

My groms are dropping me and telling me I'm uncool. My only recourse is to issue more chores, cut off their Internet, dock their allowance, refuse to fix their MTB's or moto's and padlock the fridge.

Any other sage wisdom from those who are closer to retirement than getting their driver's license? I'm heading out to the back 20 behind the house to continue digging berms into the horse trails…….. tell me what you know.

How about droppin' that bottle and cuttin' that throttle, Nardo? Might be all that twist in the wrist is impeding your performance levels.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

March 15, 2013, 9:47 p.m.

lol commuting on the twinky bike and coasting around the postage stamp / buy a brick green space would not inspire me much either. I got no widsom but the groms might have a point ;)

hope I get to drink more of your whiskey around the fire pit soon.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

March 15, 2013, 11:16 p.m.

ride more, bitch less

well played sir :lol:

Ride More Bitch Less

March 16, 2013, 12:01 p.m.

Commute with my Rocky mtn vintage Hammer every day. Rain has been heavy. I work in the shite so I had on my gummies and my rain gear.
Not riding today.rain yuck! Sunday fuck ya!
Life is good
:hurt: Then
:fruit: Now
Life is good:dizzy:

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

March 16, 2013, 10:50 p.m.

Commute with my Rocky mtn vintage Hammer every day. Rain has been heavy. I work in the shite so I had on my gummies and my rain gear.
Not riding today.rain yuck! Sunday fuck ya!
Life is good
:hurt: Then
:fruit: Now
Life is good:dizzy:

Is this the drunken ravings thread?

diggin

March 17, 2013, 9:55 a.m.

Is this the drunken ravings thread?

Nope but its sunday!
Then:hurt:
Now:fruit:

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

March 17, 2013, 9:55 a.m.

How about droppin' that bottle and cuttin' that throttle, Nardo? Might be all that twist in the wrist is impeding your performance levels.

Haha, count on old friends to tell you the way it is :lol:

I wish that were the case. I'm keeping my hands out of both of those cookie jars for the most part. Coaching both grom's lacrosse teams provides me with plenty of opportunities to make them want to give me a verbal and physical beatdown on the bike.

[HTML_REMOVED]10 yr old[HTML_REMOVED] Dad, you're washed up[HTML_REMOVED]/drops the hammer and rides away[HTML_REMOVED]
[HTML_REMOVED]me[HTML_REMOVED] a never-was can't be washed up cuz he has nothing to lose, loser[HTML_REMOVED]/me[HTML_REMOVED]

Ride More Bitch Less

March 18, 2013, 7:19 a.m.

My mtb is pretty much only with the kids these days. way more fun now that we can actually pedal a good loop with minimal whining and bitching.

going to get the EC200 on the trails this week, been a while since Ive been on a big bike. Im prepared to be schooled.

March 18, 2013, 7:53 a.m.

lol commuting on the twinky bike and coasting around the postage stamp / buy a brick green space would not inspire me much either. I got no widsom but the groms might have a point ;)

hope I get to drink more of your whiskey around the fire pit soon.

Oi vey, Duthie is more scene than I can cope with, hence digging some fun into the local 20 acre patch. The twinky bike is a very potent specimen and gets used sparingly for work duties, in fact.

We split some wood and loaded up the fire vessel the other night. Had some product from the local distillery too. Gotta stay a little practiced for Chilco season. Let's get after it fooker!!

Ride More Bitch Less

March 18, 2013, 8:09 a.m.

My mtb is pretty much only with the kids these days. way more fun now that we can actually pedal a good loop with minimal whining and bitching.

going to get the EC200 on the trails this week, been a while since Ive been on a big bike. Im prepared to be schooled.

nice to make that breakthrough with the groms, isn't it Rat? Take 'em down to Bend for a great family ride trip this year. Bunk in at the Entrada Lodge and the trails are right across the road. :idea:

Sweet little EC2hun is a ripper woods bike. You will like how flickable it is in the tough ground and you'll ride your trials bike less I bet.

Ride More Bitch Less

March 18, 2013, 8:14 a.m.

Good to know an original is still kicking.

Advice - i'm not old enough to give it, and too stubborn to listen to it apparently - but parents have never been cool as far as i know.
Until later when you realise they were pretty cool the whole time.

Haha, just came up for a rare breath of NSMB air.

There is some wisdom in your thinking. We'll see what the next few years bring.

Ride More Bitch Less

March 18, 2013, 11:51 a.m.

nice to make that breakthrough with the groms, isn't it Rat? Take 'em down to Bend for a great family ride trip this year. Bunk in at the Entrada Lodge and the trails are right across the road. :idea:

Sweet little EC2hun is a ripper woods bike. You will like how flickable it is in the tough ground and you'll ride your trials bike less I bet.

actually were doing an Oregon family road trip this summer. cheaper than taking the ferry to the island I figure. Id love to drag the trials bike with me but likely the logistics will be much easier with mountain bikes.

Broke my leg on the trials bike last year and I haven't been on a moto in a year. I'm not sure how flick-able the 200 will feel for the first ride out, especially on vedder snotty clay

March 18, 2013, 4:34 p.m.

We split some wood and loaded up the fire vessel the other night. Had some product from the local distillery too. Gotta stay a little practiced for Chilco season. Let's get after it fooker!!

I'm pluging 5 12s (donkey dicks, boxes of 120!)into quarter+ ground. the heli show got snowed out this morn but I can't bitch 'casue I scored the special mission with a boat ride and a couple boxes of seedlings in the afternoon sun. taking a time out on the beer. the start and stop of planting in March can be hard on the liver.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

March 22, 2013, 11 a.m.

Well, the fragmented March work pattern always beats out working in and amongst the spring college rhythm unless of course you're the graybeard pedo bear of the crew :lol:

Ride More Bitch Less