Ride more, bitch less.

June 11, 2003, 6:40 p.m.

Originally posted by m33p
**Im gonna quit cause my shouder hurts? Seems pretty dramatic to me.

goof off. **

Bwahahaha!

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 11, 2003, 7:38 p.m.

i just kicked around on the bmx for 45! it's been at least a week since i've had the after work energy for any riding.

here's my beef. Fromme parking debate. are the close parking spots (that may save a potential 25 minute climb) really more important than the kids camps that are now banned on the mountain. i don't know the nitty gritties of it, but it sounds pretty darn greedy to me.

June 11, 2003, 8:35 p.m.

I came to the game late fellas, but I want to reply to a comment about user fees from a few pages back. I'm sure you've seen the reports stating that every dollar spent on parks yields 6 bones back. Also probably heard the argument that parks are not for profit, but are for the preservation of wilderness. So, why should we have a user fee to be able to see/ ride a protected area.

Sure, all money raised goes back into parks. But that's a way for the government to spend less out of general revenue to offset the big tax breaks they gave to big business.

User fees suk bad. They hurt the people who are least able to pay them (not mountain bikers). I'm sure a single mother of 3 doesn't like user fees when she has to get her kids stiched up after a day of riding on the shore (physio I'm talkin').

Sorry to vent, I better go tune the ride to get ready for the shore on the morrow.

June 12, 2003, 12:23 a.m.

I bought my pass today.

You can put 2 different license plate numbers on it.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 12, 2003, 8:07 a.m.

Ya, I rode 4 times yesterday :)

Welcome to the real world you user fee whiners. Just be glad a few trail builders aren't looking for any bakshish.

Ride More Bitch Less

June 12, 2003, 8:21 a.m.

I wanna bitch.
1. I'm alive.
2. I ride at least three times a week.
3. I get to build trails.
4. I have friends.
5. My belly is full.
6. I have somewhere to sleep.
Could life be any worse?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 12, 2003, 8:37 a.m.

Originally posted by Rat
**Tools of the trade - One bike at home one bike at work. you never know when the stars are lined up and you can peel out for a ride

I have even gone as far as to take a few cool customers out biking. beats hamming it up on the golf course. **

Rat: have done the same. I had a lad up here from Chicago last summer, who was transplanted there from Southern California. I guess they ride BIg Bear there a lot. He's (allegedly) an expert level cross-country racer, and he expressed interest in checking out "The Legendary Shore". I hooked him up with a Norco Drop and Roach armour (I also made him wear Roach shorts over his spandex team shorts), and instead of golf, we took the afternoon off to do some riding.

Funny, as I started the drive up to the Mushroom lot, he started getting a bit cocky, saying the stuff on TV doesn't look too hard, and asside from the big air stuff and high skinnies, he was pretty confident. I asked him if he'd had plenty of water (it was over 30 deg that day), and he laughed, "What do I need it for? It's only Downhill!"

Skipped the Mushroom lot, up to CBC I drive. I was going to tear little Dave a new asshole.

To make a long story short, Dave walked just about everything on CBC (too steep, wasn't confident on the bridges, and couldn't drop more than a roll on 6" Marzocchis would allow).

He did a little better on Neds, but not much better. He was awestruck…not only by the stunts (keep in mind…this is Neds…no big deal), but by the beauty, and the level of fitness freeriding demanded. He said he had new found respect for not only the level of difficulty, but the cardio required.

The best part about humbling Dave was on the gravel trail baclk to Riverside drive. You know the little hill near the end of the trail? Dave pettered out on it. He had to stop and walk, he was so knackered! You gotta understand- this guy is a cardio machine, and looks it. He's cut. He was also toast!

I'm in for setting up morning rides on the shore. 6:00 is no problem. PM me and let me know if you want to make this happen. I rarely check back on the threads.

Dude.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 12, 2003, 8:42 a.m.

Dude, you seem kind of… stressed or something. :(

Heh Z, she might make a comeback. She needs a makeover first. It's FZ today just cuz.

Ride More Bitch Less

June 12, 2003, 8:51 a.m.

Originally posted by Ned
Dude, you seem kind of… stressed or something.:(

so says the man with multiple chainsaw photos. :D Martha was the best - for the record.

I agree with syncro - life could be much, much worse. We have bikes, and the best place in the world to ride them. Amen. Course, our next-to-free Medical plan doesn't hurt, either.

June 12, 2003, 8:56 a.m.

Hey Ned.

Not at all…Dave was a good time. I just had to put him in his place for dissing freeriders and downhillers. He bought a few rounds after, and he's coming up again this summer for another phantom business trip! He's a good guy.

Originally posted by wes side 7
**I came to the game late fellas, but I want to reply to a comment about user fees from a few pages back. I'm sure you've seen the reports stating that every dollar spent on parks yields 6 bones back. Also probably heard the argument that parks are not for profit, but are for the preservation of wilderness. So, why should we have a user fee to be able to see/ ride a protected area.

Sure, all money raised goes back into parks. But that's a way for the government to spend less out of general revenue to offset the big tax breaks they gave to big business.

User fees suk bad. They hurt the people who are least able to pay them (not mountain bikers). I'm sure a single mother of 3 doesn't like user fees when she has to get her kids stiched up after a day of riding on the shore (physio I'm talkin').

Sorry to vent, I better go tune the ride to get ready for the shore on the morrow. **

We'd probably disagree on the user fee thing, but I absolutely agree on the physio shout. That should still be covered. $35-$45 per session is simply unaffordable for most. The Libs don't seem to get or acknowledge that physiotherapy helps avoid the greater costs of repeat hospital visits for repeat injuries due to poor rehab, or surgery necessitated by lack of proper rehab. They

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 12, 2003, 9:08 a.m.

You thread checker you.

Meeh, I've ridden with lots of guys down in Cali. They have their niche and would easily rip anyone a new one in their turf on their terms. Some of them are jackasses… but jackasses are everywhere.

Ride More Bitch Less

June 12, 2003, 9:10 a.m.

I don't check threads.;)

June 12, 2003, 9:15 a.m.

Originally posted by Ned
**You thread checker you.

Meeh, I've ridden with lots of guys down in Cali. They have their niche and would easily rip anyone a new one in their turf on their terms. Some of them are jackasses… but jackasses are everywhere. **

jackass reporting…Ned, Nice avatar. Frank looking seductive in a Toque…better than martha with a chainsaw IMO.

Well, well I been movin' down to Florida.
And I'm gonna bowl me a perfect game.
Well I'm gonna cut off my leg down in Florida, child.
And I'm gonna dance one-legged off in the rain.

June 12, 2003, 9:29 a.m.

'Mornin jackass :) I think a fusion between the two is in order… A dichotomy of corporate culture.

Hmmm, I really like the idea of riding more and bitching less. I also got another idea from Dude man about alien visitations. What's even funnier is that I don't live in the wood anymore so I am an alien. Time to twist up a new one.

Ride More Bitch Less

June 12, 2003, 9:35 a.m.

Originally posted by Ned
**'Mornin jackass :) I think a fusion between the two is in order… A dichotomy of corporate culture.

Hmmm, I really like the idea of riding more and bitching less. I also got another idea from Dude man about alien visitations. What's even funnier is that I don't live in the wood anymore so I am an alien. Time to twist up a new one. **

I was thinking, Zappa and Stuart are quite opposite in just about every aspect. Zartha Stuart would be a creature of contradiction and self loathing, but could write a mean tune and dress it up in a nice cozy.

notice that I am not bitching? no ride today yet.

Well, well I been movin' down to Florida.
And I'm gonna bowl me a perfect game.
Well I'm gonna cut off my leg down in Florida, child.
And I'm gonna dance one-legged off in the rain.