Ride more, bitch less.

June 10, 2003, 2:58 p.m.

I'm all for that Mulletron. Comedy hour need not exist on your bandwidth. Too easy to push the number pad ya know?

So, I've heard all the time excuses in the world about this and that about riding, not riding, shuttles and the like. Boils down to how you organize your time and what your priorities are.

Me? I ride quite a bit, in fact quite a lot. Probably a lot more than most people in my shoes… or not. 2 kids, a wife, a coupla dogs, perhaps a demanding job ;), lots of nagging injuries that demand doctor time, lots of work to do around my house… Just plain lots of crap going on. But I figure it out somehow and I make no excuses. Often it means riding before the roosters are up and after the kids are in bed and all my night time work tasks are said and done. It's called making it happen.

Curious how those who are challenged by time make it happen. Hmmm? Do tell, I'd like another trick or two for my bag of 'em.

PS: No bitching.

Ride More Bitch Less

June 10, 2003, 3:08 p.m.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
You life sounds like mine. wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, job, riding very early or very late.
Just make it happen.

:cool:

Unless of course, you are saying "Ride more, bitchless", implying that you don't have a bitch, but instead have a very understanding wife, and that's why you can ride. hmmmm.

June 10, 2003, 3:15 p.m.

As I've stated before, I've left my days of riding up hills behind me (except when I take out the old Zunow road bike for a couple of hours). I love the DH tooooooooo much.

This winter, me and a bud got into a great habit of riding once to twice per week up at Seymour in the morning before work. We'd be up on the hill, ready to ride down as the sun was coming up. Good times. It also allowed me to get in lots of rides.

I play competitive soccer, so the winter demands too much of that time, so the morning rides were an ideal solution. I'd just start my calls out on the shore (I'm in sales).

Similar challenges now in the summer, except I'm spending most of my time w/ the kids. Swimming, skating, and soccer practices. I allocate three days / week to ride, about 2-3 hours each. This gets me at least two shuttles, possibly three. Same challenges as you, perhaps different priorities. I get a great deal of fitness work between Aug 1st and March, so summer for me is about not running, re-charging, and letting injuries recover. Believe it or not, riding is great for that. I rarely hurt myself badly on the hill, whereas w/ soccer I'm in the physio's office every week, it seems.

The advent of shuttles has allowed me to get the most riding possible, and get to my other priorities too.

BTW: I'm good for morning rides on the shore. With the sun up at 4:45 now, that can make for a good spin in the morning. PM if interested.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 10, 2003, 3:29 p.m.

My reply was due to the excessive amount of shuttling on Seymour, not to say you haven't or do not ride up at all. Im all for the parking meters.

2000 VPS Custom Travel sz. medium w/ Raceface BB, Blackspire chainguide, Axiom Seatpost, Tank hs… $400. Champagne Hayes w/rotors… $299/pair. Front 20mm Formula laced to 26" Doublewide w/ 2.8 Michelin and dh tube… $150. Rear Formula laced to 24" DX32 w/ XTR 8spd Cog, Highroller 2.7, dh tube… $200. 8spd XT derailler/shifter…$100. FUNN FatboySlim/Serial Killa 31.8 Combo w/ Odi Lockons… $100. Dainese Legs and Arms sz. med… $100. Magura HS-11's… $50/pair. Or take it all for $1200 and

June 10, 2003, 3:36 p.m.

i have pants, ''RIde HarD, RidE FrEe'' - Kranked 5

what

June 10, 2003, 3:42 p.m.

I have no problem w/ the meters, just a problem w/ how parks spends the money. I doubt it will go back to improving parks. That doesn't justify vigilante methods of removing them. Pay, or ride up.

Sorry…off topic.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 10, 2003, 3:53 p.m.

Holy good god damn batman!!!!

Dude, ya know you should do a search on the BB before you do that drop on CBC because questions about the transition have been answered before you know. It only takes 10 seconds. :D

You were under attack from all angles in your last thread. I can undestand your defensive replies.

On another note,

That was a sweet ride yesterday on CBC. My Seymour cherry is now popped and I am now ready take on a few more trails.

I agree with the original statement of this thread.

Ride more bitch less everyone. If you really like to ride, you will make time.

Later,

thedude

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

June 10, 2003, 3:57 p.m.

Originally posted by Dude
I doubt it will go back to improving parks.

After 45 seconds of research on the net:

The fees are set by recommendation of the Recreation Stewardship panel.

http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/fees/fees.htm

All revenue from parking fees will go directly back into park services, including trails.

http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/operations/rec_pass/rec_pass.htm

The stewardship panel's process and recommendations can be fully reviewed here:

http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/esd/recpanel/summarypublicinput.pdf

But of course, it's easier to just make assumptions and demonize the government, the parks managers and anyone else that gets in the way.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 10, 2003, 4:17 p.m.

What I have learned thusfar:

-People make broad generalizations without really knowing the deal. What else is new.
-First impressions are usually pretty accurate and sometimes hard to shake. Don't bother putting the car in reverse.
-English is a scarce resource in Whistler.
-There's at least one guy around here with a busy life who makes it happen and who also has a sense of humour.

I'm all ears… keep 'em coming.

Ride More Bitch Less

June 10, 2003, 4:18 p.m.

Ride more, post less.

June 10, 2003, 4:37 p.m.

I'll ride to that.

Ride More Bitch Less

June 10, 2003, 4:39 p.m.

I'm going for a road ride.

Originally posted by switch
"nobody will never need more then 4 inches of travel"

June 10, 2003, 4:42 p.m.

Originally posted by Ned
**What I have learned thusfar:

-People make broad generalizations without really knowing the deal. What else is new.
-First impressions are usually pretty accurate and sometimes hard to shake. Don't bother putting the car in reverse.
-English is a scarce resource in Whistler.
-There's at least one guy around here with a busy life who makes it happen and who also has a sense of humour.

I'm all ears… keep 'em coming. **

i learned
-people get brainwashed with a marzo sc snapping, then they immediatly think a manitou sc will snap

June 10, 2003, 4:58 p.m.

I'm going to ride Fromme w/ my wife!

June 10, 2003, 7:11 p.m.

Well I have a kid and a demanding job but fortunatly im able to sneak out of work the odd afternoon. Im with thedude on the AM ticket, 6:00 am at the top of the trail is a phenomenal way to start the day. Lets get a regular morning ride going because I can never get anyone to get up that early to ride. Im also up for going even earlier if any folks can shake the cobwebs outa thier hair a little earlier.

Apres work night rides are meat and bones of my riding these days usually once a week all year round. In fact when the summer is over im usually cranked up to get the lights out. the extended play up at whistler is a nice treat if you can pull outa work by 2:00

And of course the daily commute is a good way to spin the legs, especially now that I have Lee's old road bike (with biopace rings I might add)