Ride more, bitch less.

June 10, 2003, 10:03 p.m.

I think id actually like to try an early morning ride before school starts, thad be really fun.

2004 truvative luftalarm street/dj cranks $100 OBO.
Front XT 9mm hub $45 OBO
Rear Deore hub with great SS set up + 10mm rear axel - $50 OBO
6" hayes roter $10

June 11, 2003, 12:36 a.m.

Originally posted by bullit_kid
i learned
-people get brainwashed with a marzo sc snapping, then they immediatly think a manitou sc will snap

I learned
- I can snap any sc fork made, including the new manitous. But I won't go on about that.

Another Lesson frome a wise man. The more money you have the more money you spend, and it never ends, you always need more money.

Riding keeps you sane, nsmb is like watching a soap opera unfold.

2000 VPS Custom Travel sz. medium w/ Raceface BB, Blackspire chainguide, Axiom Seatpost, Tank hs… $400. Champagne Hayes w/rotors… $299/pair. Front 20mm Formula laced to 26" Doublewide w/ 2.8 Michelin and dh tube… $150. Rear Formula laced to 24" DX32 w/ XTR 8spd Cog, Highroller 2.7, dh tube… $200. 8spd XT derailler/shifter…$100. FUNN FatboySlim/Serial Killa 31.8 Combo w/ Odi Lockons… $100. Dainese Legs and Arms sz. med… $100. Magura HS-11's… $50/pair. Or take it all for $1200 and

June 11, 2003, 3:05 a.m.

Originally posted by KenN **
But of course, it's easier to just make assumptions and demonize the government, the parks managers and anyone else that gets in the way.

Kn. **

There is definitely a lot of anti-establishment sentiment on this board, especially among the younger crowd.

It's the damn teachers, I tell ya… ;)

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 11, 2003, 3:13 a.m.

Originally posted by Ned **
What I have learned thusfar:

-People make broad generalizations without really knowing the deal. What else is new.**

Truer words were never spoken.

-First impressions are usually pretty accurate and sometimes hard to shake. Don't bother putting the car in reverse.

I've caught myself numerous times with an immediate first impression that was totally wrong and hard to shake. It's one thing about myself that I actually care to work on, but it's hard.

-English is a scarce resource in Whistler.

Lots of tourists? :S :D

-There's at least one guy around here with a busy life who makes it happen and who also has a sense of humour.

Even on a cold and raining winter's eve, I'll don waterproof clothing and lights to hit the trail. There's something refreshing about riding in those conditions. The feel of a hot shower after also makes it worthwhile. :)

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 11, 2003, 3:17 a.m.

Originally posted by switch
**There is definitely a lot of anti-establishment sentiment on this board, especially among the younger crowd.

It's the damn teachers, I tell ya… ;) **

Didn't you know, it's the trendy thing these days.
Nothing gets chix at a party like a political t-shirt and strong opinion to go with it.

shop smart, shop s-mart, mhm

June 11, 2003, 3:33 a.m.

Originally posted by Broken Fusion!
Didn't you know, it's the trendy thing these days.
Nothing gets chix at a party like a political t-shirt and strong opinion to go with it.

Their parents already did this in the 60s. Perhaps they should try something new.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

June 11, 2003, 6:20 a.m.

Originally posted by bullit_kid
i learned
-people get brainwashed with a marzo sc snapping, then they immediatly think a manitou sc will snap

I've noticed that in my 7" Sherman thread :lol:

:scotland: El Presidente

June 11, 2003, 9:21 a.m.

Originally posted by switch
There is definitely a lot of anti-establishment sentiment on this board, especially among the younger crowd.

I rode already today so I'm gonna bitch for a second.

You know what chapped my ass a bit a few days back?

One of the uuuhhh… leaders of NSMB… maybe the CEO I dunno… was suggesting everyone playing the ticket game with the machines. Now that's a FINE example if I I've ever seen one.

Ride More Bitch Less

June 11, 2003, 10:33 a.m.

Originally posted by Ned
**I rode already today so I'm gonna bitch for a second.

You know what chapped my ass a bit a few days back?

One of the uuuhhh… leaders of NSMB… maybe the CEO I dunno… was suggesting everyone playing the ticket game with the machines. Now that's a FINE example if I I've ever seen one. **

yup…:rolleyes:

Well, well I been movin' down to Florida.
And I'm gonna bowl me a perfect game.
Well I'm gonna cut off my leg down in Florida, child.
And I'm gonna dance one-legged off in the rain.

June 11, 2003, 11:01 a.m.

on any given saturday the government will make over $1000 off mtn bikers at Seymour alone. How much of that is going into the trails that they ride and now pay for? That was point Cam was trying to make and last week I happily handed over my ticket to someone else when I was done.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

June 11, 2003, 11:47 a.m.

Hey, did you ride yet today? No bitchin' 'til you've laid a few treadmarks down or chased down a few semi's or something. I'm going for ride 2 of the day and after ride 3 tonight I'll come back and bitch at you then OK? ;)

Ride more bitch less. I love it :D.

Ride More Bitch Less

June 11, 2003, 11:52 a.m.

Originally posted by Ned
**Hey, did you ride yet today? No bitchin' 'til you've laid a few treadmarks down or chased down a few semi's or something. I'm going for ride 2 of the day and after ride 3 tonight I'll come back and bitch at you then OK? ;)

Ride more bitch less. I love it :D. **

Lookin forward to it.:D

Well, well I been movin' down to Florida.
And I'm gonna bowl me a perfect game.
Well I'm gonna cut off my leg down in Florida, child.
And I'm gonna dance one-legged off in the rain.

June 11, 2003, 11:59 a.m.

But we do use the park system do we not. There are costs involved in having paid rangers, road maintenece, garbage and shitter facilities availible. I believe in a user pay system as long as my income taxes have been adjusted accordingly we use the park therfore we pay for that right. Bitching about paying 50 bux a year to shuttle some of the best trails in the world is pretty sad.

June 11, 2003, 12:05 p.m.

oh and I commuted in to work today so I get to bitch.

June 11, 2003, 12:16 p.m.

What really burns me is having to pay the education component of the property taxes and then no-one can seem to spell!

I'm going for a ride today again