Rent my bikes

Jan. 28, 2014, 4:32 p.m.

Thought about renting my fleet for this season will do by the weekend or for a day.
I got hurt real bad 10 months ago does not look good for recovery,instead of selling i thought this idea would take off if i had a website,and business license.
Also have a cube van where i could deliver,and fix for support if you need brake pads or tools.
Bikes are pretty new oldest being 08 -2011 most are free ride,dh i have 6 full suspension bikes to choose for thrashing. If you have a friend who is coming to town with no bike.
Maybe you want to try the sport before you buy a bike,or can not afford a new bike or no storage.
The idea will be like zip car where you join a membership per month.
Only bad thing that can happen is You get hurt,or someone tries to steal the bike ,you will get your picture taken before you take bike,there is no waver to sign if something snaps or breaks it is added to cost of days fun.
Input needed remarks below thank you for the veiw.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

Jan. 28, 2014, 9:20 p.m.

you'd want waiver to make sure they don't sue you if they get hurt and they blame the bike condition.

It's nice to have it delivered but people can still rent "newer" bikes from other places

Jan. 29, 2014, 2:40 a.m.

You have to start somewhere. I'm not local, but this would work (and does work) where I live. As I see it, providing mobile support/service is added value. I don't know if anyone else does this.

Having some kind of a waiver is definitely a good idea, if not only to stop people taking advantage of your good will.

Jan. 29, 2014, 9:40 a.m.

so, what are you doing to stop me from riding away? Sure, you got my photo, but I showed you my fake ID. (theoretically, of course)

Jan. 29, 2014, 11:02 a.m.

so, what are you doing to stop me from riding away? Sure, you got my photo, but I showed you my fake ID. (theoretically, of course)

You can set up a business paypal account and use it to put a hold on the renter's credit cards before they ride off with your bike, in the event of theft.

It would also make payment easier for people who don't carry cash.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Jan. 29, 2014, 11:49 a.m.

It's a good idea if you have DH bikes for whistler. A lot of us have trail bikes now and if we don't have a DH bike for the few days a year we're there, i would feel under gunned at Whistler now. I'd rent one.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

Jan. 29, 2014, 11:53 a.m.

^^ its "ripping style, homes!" Short for homeboy.

-Gangsta KenN

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 29, 2014, 1:08 p.m.

You can set up a business paypal account and use it to put a hold on the renter's credit cards before they ride off with your bike, in the event of theft.

out of his van by the river?

Jan. 29, 2014, 1:23 p.m.

What if someone causes major damage? Are you on the hook? Would suggest you at least put your bikes up for sale (maybe in the Spring - you don't have to sell them if you can't get what you want) before they lose even more resale value and put the money towards something else like a skookum new bike or bikes for when you are all healed up (which I'm counting on!). Good luck!

Jan. 29, 2014, 1:44 p.m.

lol

diggin

Jan. 29, 2014, 4:07 p.m.

Dream Crusher.

"It's, like, so much fun."

Jan. 29, 2014, 5:08 p.m.

Damn. Somebody rep Heckler for me.

Jan. 29, 2014, 6:10 p.m.

the idea is good .

there are a bunch of details that need to be worked out like the waiver , insurance , method of payment , security deposit , damage deposit , sizing / fitting / adjusting the bike to suit the rider , pick up and drop off .

also , if your market is trending towards first time / inexperienced riders you are probably going to want to ensure they are properly equipped with the necessary safety equipment .

but it could work . . .