Question, re: bottle top.

Jan. 1, 2019, 5:11 p.m.

So, recently due to the fact that the new bridge across Seymour river linking fisherman’s and Lynn valley has opened I have been riding bottle top again. 

My question is this,  is bottle top a Mtb primary trail? 

As the old exit from bt was techy the new bt is esentially a gravel path as you come out of a fast single track section with blind corners. 

I ask this as if it is there needs to be some signage posted ASAP. As I have had three close calls with hikers both in the steeper single track and in the techy sections. 

If you are using this trail be aware and in control or someone is going to get hurt. 

Cheers all, happy New Years

Jan. 1, 2019, 7:59 p.m.

Lol, I nearly ran into two mountain bikers pushing up the steep, techy section last week.

Gawd knows why they thought it would be a good climbing trail (and they weren't on eBikes either...)

Jan. 1, 2019, 8:38 p.m.

Huge crowds going to see the new bridge these days. Good shout re potential incident.

Met a couple of fellows riding up empress bypass today, never seen anyone do that before. Why! ?

Any news on when the new adaptive trail there will be open. Stoked on that, will be a win for all people in that part of the forest.

Last edited by: TheWasp on Jan. 1, 2019, 8:38 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 1, 2019, 10:57 p.m.

It happens.....Happened today for me on severed with a hiker on a techy section. Guy acted like I wasnt even there when I came to a sliding stop... All I can say is dont run anyone over and be nice. The trails are for everyone, some people make mistakes, some think they have the right of way as foot traffic on an mtb primary trail.  Would be a bummer for both parties if someone was  to get run over. Dont want to see that.

Jan. 15, 2019, 4:55 p.m.

Rode Bottletop on Sunday morning, beautiful weather and trail conditions. One group of hikers came up just before I was about to drop and then passed two more on what is a short trail. I hadn't ridden it since before the bridge washout and was aware of hiker traffic so I was going slow and able to easily stop and have a friendly chat. 

Still no signage at the exit and it makes sense why people are walking up it. No evidence of "closed" signs that I read about either. The Bottletop sign is removed from the sign post at the start though.

Jan. 15, 2019, 10:25 p.m.

Signage is now installed on Bottletop, and the trail is officially Open - its technically been closed until now. 

It is multi-use, ie a step below "mtb primary" on the scale (mtb primary is still multi-use, really). 

If you want a sneak peek into tomorrow's NSMBA e-news... 

https://nsmba.ca/bridle-path-not-bridal-path/

Jan. 17, 2019, 6:43 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

Still no signage at the exit and it makes sense why people are walking up it. No evidence of "closed" signs that I read about either. The Bottletop sign is removed from the sign post at the start though.

The signpost that's missing the trail sign is where the "closed - active construction area" sign used to be, so if there's nothing on the post now, the closed sign is gone.