Question about a trail

Dec. 20, 2009, 10:02 p.m.

Not sure if this is a secret trail or not… so please PM me if it is "sensitive". I'm trying to be as discrete as possible.

My bud and I went looking for Dr**Weaer…based on some info found on a hiking website.

Went down the trail named after the guy who drops the guillotine. Turned left on a trail which went over a couple of nice (and scary) bridges. Pretty sure we were on the trail we came looking for..because the bridges were described on the website.

Finally came to the trail named after the guy who is a hero to Boy Scouts everywhere.

Turned left. Ended up going all the way back to Mt. Hwy. Pretty sure we didn't see all the trail we came looking for.

We could have gone straight through at the BP. But had a feeling that would have been "Ex-Wife's Beer". There were several other alluring paths going this way and that.

Can anyone help us? Brian has recently mentioned the trail. And he made it sound pretty damn nice… and what we saw was pretty sweet (if in fact we were on the right trail to start with).

Thanks in advance.

Dec. 20, 2009, 10:48 p.m.

its on the dnv map at the kiosk at the top of mt hwy.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Dec. 20, 2009, 10:55 p.m.

It'll also stay much more pretty damn nice without winter traffic, especially with this rain.

Dec. 20, 2009, 11:01 p.m.

PS - it's right after the tree beside the rock.

Dec. 20, 2009, 11:58 p.m.

Well I know what it feels like to be the OP of a post like this, I did the same type of question 6 years ago. I got really flamed but good.

The best way to find the trail you are looking for, is to have someone who knows take you.
Than you will be assured that you are on the right trail, as well.

Ashley

Dec. 21, 2009, 12:07 a.m.

its on the dnv map at the kiosk at the top of very-large-hill thoroughfare.

you gave it away!…fyp :lol:

bike.

Dec. 21, 2009, 12:28 a.m.

Def be careful about trail selection at this time of year. Trails are very soft and easily damaged.

Good luck with the trail hunt!

DB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

Dec. 21, 2009, 12:56 a.m.

there are so many turn offs for this trail that your best bet is to just ride it with somebody that knows where they are going. I have ridden it a bunch of times and if I'm not thinking I might go the wrong way.

Also with the talk of trail sustainability in this weather, while the trail itself is probably the most contour type trail on fromme it has almost 0 armouring so in the super much I would stick to the super armored trails. I would actually be more concerned about the trail going into the trail u are looking for, it is all pretty much fall line and deffinatly showing its age/ erosion.

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

Dec. 21, 2009, 5:42 a.m.

ex-wife's beer…..I like it.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 21, 2009, 10:06 a.m.

I don't think I've ever been the same way twice when I've ridden in that greater area of western Canada.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Dec. 21, 2009, 2:41 p.m.

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE.

Smoke a big fat one (im not condoning drugs - a big fat stogie) and CHILL OUT. It'a goddam trail that is posted on all the maps and gets way less traffic compared to others on fromme because of where it is. Just because it's mentioned on here dont mean all the loam is gonna dry up and blow away like magic fairy dust. Buncha fuckin stuck up MTB NERDS.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Dec. 21, 2009, 3:47 p.m.

So what your saying is you went down Executioner, then did Dreamweaver, and came out along the Baden Powell trail, and couldnt find Bitches Brew? They're all on the map buddy don't sweat it!

For a guide of what is and isn't kosher to talk about, look at the Fromme map on the NSMBA (nsmba.bc.ca from memory) - or check gutsploder.net

:aussie: Out.

P.S. if you don't like it, I'm sitting at Gate E83 at YVR for the next 3 hours waiting for my plane - come and we'll talk about it :lol:

Meet my NEW ride: 2009 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Dec. 21, 2009, 3:51 p.m.

Not stuck up - just don't want herd of lemmings hitting the goods.

Australia. Hope your bike gets jacked

I wouldn't bother deleting this. The vast majority of people ride the same trails and this trail is too far for them

Dec. 21, 2009, 5:16 p.m.

Buncha fuckin stuck up MTB NERDS.

hell yeah we are! :woot:

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 21, 2009, 7 p.m.

I thought BB was sorta out of commission?

Thread killer