Public Service Announcement

Aug. 26, 2006, 3:15 a.m.

Allow me to reintroduce myself…

No, seriously, I just want to say one thing:

Wear. Your. Helmet.

My chain derailed off of a simple crub drop pedalkick tonight, resulting in the back of my head meeting the sidewalk. I was scraped up, but laughed it off and walked away simply because, for some unknown reason, I did my helmet up on the six-block ride. If I hadn't, I would still be in the ER right now.

One of the guys I was riding with was a spawnsored BMXer back in the day. He smacked his head in the Richmond park and split his skull open. Imagine having to spend 7 years off of your bike while you recover from that.

Please, take care of yourselves. An 80% recovery from a head injury sounds good on paper, but is quite disturbing in real life.

:)

Mighty Riders
On The Rivet Cyclewear
Vallie Components
Novex Clean Delivery Solutions

Aug. 26, 2006, 10:04 a.m.

good advice.

i know firsthand how recovery from a brain injury can be a slow process. my father is recovering from a brain hemorrhage a few months ago, and while things seems normal most of the time, a lot of his cognitive functions are still taking time to come around. his reaction time physically and mentally is still slow.

there[HTML_REMOVED]#180;s no riding a bike if you can[HTML_REMOVED]#180;t think and react quickly

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 26, 2006, 10:11 a.m.

Yah helmets are a good thing. Unless you ride bmx, than your lower to the ground, thus reducing vital injuries ..

Aug. 26, 2006, 10:18 a.m.

its amazing threads like this still pop up so frequently

ORIGINAL FREETARD
and now I'm CROSSTARDED

Aug. 26, 2006, 12:14 p.m.

Yah helmets are a good thing. Unless you ride bmx, than your lower to the ground, thus reducing vital injuries ..

let me guess, the soft-spot never quite healed.

Aug. 26, 2006, 1:58 p.m.

You're joking right???:eek:

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=20017
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Aug. 26, 2006, 2:02 p.m.

You're joking right???:eek:

He's just stirring the pot. Just pretend he never posted.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll