Props, X4

June 1, 2010, 4:58 p.m.

Me and a friend, Dave Muttonchops, decided to escape Seattle and hit the Shore this weekend and crash at the Holiday Inn. The weather was supposed to be a bit drier in Van. We've got a few friends up here, but as usual ran into a few people that made our wet weekend really good. I just have to throw some public props out to them.

First, Digger. The new work on Ladies looks really good. It was good chatting with you about building in N Van [HTML_REMOVED] Seattle. Here's hoping you actually get some dry weather so your new dirt work has a chance to set up. If we'd have know there was fresh gold, we would have hit another trail, so hopefully our tire tracks didn't mess up the fresh dirt too bad. I really appreciate quality work, and you certainly do quality work.

Second, On Top Bike Shop. I blew out my freehub on Upper Oilcan, and had to coast Ladies and cut our afternoon a lap short. Since I have a second 150mm rear wheel at home, I wasn't stoked about buying a new wheel in order to ride on Sunday. Well one of the mechanics sold me a wheel with used parts on it for what I considered better than a fair price. Much trail karma to you guys! I know where I'm going next time I blow up some parts while I'm up there.

Third, Karen the talented builder of Boundary. I'm glad we could help you with some gruntwork, and it was good chatting with you. The work you do is very good, not to mention you keep your trails well maintained!

Fourth, Noel of Knolly Bikes. I find it inspiring when quality people own local bike companies, and do their part to support local trail advocacy.

Thanks to all the people we ran into who made a soggy weekend of riding a really great weekend of riding. Not to mention the trails up there, which really are unique and world-class. Hopefully riders in your area appreciate what you have, both in terms of culture and riding.

Justin

-- Founder of Abit Gear MTB shorts --

June 1, 2010, 10:05 p.m.

Well said, I think at times we (myself included) tend to take for granted all the great people who have made this place what it is. "The Best Place On Earth" :dizzy:

June 1, 2010, 11:05 p.m.

Hey Justin:

Thanks so much for the help on Sunday! You and your friend were really big sports to lug all the cedar up for me! It would have taken me a month of Sundays to do it by myself. :beer:

Props to you for all you've done for the Washington/Seattle riding scene.

Karen.

I'm volunteering as fast as I can.