Props, Shout outs and Respect

Oct. 15, 2015, 11:54 a.m.

the top to bottom right side rip is running very nicely, indeed. lots of fun pumpy parts [HTML_REMOVED] decent flow. i usually park at coleman to get the griffen bits in there as well.

Oct. 15, 2015, 1:42 p.m.

I've really been enjoying a new lap on Fromme: 7th / leopard / Crinkum / Crankum / Upper KOS / parking lot, on a hardtail no less.

Thanks to Peter (?) for slinging extra dirt and refreshing woodwork throughout these trails. It's always nice to mix things up and be pleasantly surprised.

Same here. It's one of my favorite routes right now and I'm also on a hardtail. Sometimes I miss the old straight down Kirkford chunder chute though, but at least there are still some ladders on the Crinkum high route and Kirkford. The little left then quick right climb on Leppard after the uphill bridge is still getting me almost every time darn it! But it's good to have a challenge to work at!

Oct. 20, 2015, 9:30 a.m.

Another thanks to the builders that worked on Pingu and Pangor! The trails are running great and the new jumps are sweet. Also, shout out to whoever is working on Salvation right now - the new woodwork looks amazing! Nice to see this trail getting some attention :)

Oct. 20, 2015, 11:11 a.m.

Another thanks to the builders that worked on Pingu and Pangor! The trails are running great and the new jumps are sweet. Also, shout out to whoever is working on Salvation right now - the new woodwork looks amazing! Nice to see this trail getting some attention :)

Is it common procedure on the Shore to leave little treats for the builder, like, a pack of nails, a six pack of (root) beer?

Why not simply start with it? One beer for a builder hidden on the trail where he/she is working….why not?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 20, 2015, 2:18 p.m.

Is it common procedure on the Shore to leave little treats for the builder, like, a pack of nails, a six pack of (root) beer?

Why not simply start with it? One beer for a builder hidden on the trail where he/she is working….why not?

WOW! Does that ever actually happen?
I build all the time, and have been cyber offered beer so many times I laugh. Never had one, actually given to me.

But… My private, hidden stash of Scotch has been pilfered so many times, that I usually find it empty.

Maybe the shore has it perks.

Oct. 20, 2015, 2:25 p.m.

I build all the time, and have been cyber offered beer so many times I laugh. Never had one, actually given to me.

But… My private, hidden stash of Scotch has been pilfered so many times, that I usually find it empty.

People talk about doing it but it doesn't happen. Builders leave beer for other builders. Non-builders - not as much. So like anywhere else - its mostly talk

Oct. 20, 2015, 2:26 p.m.

One six pack… ever. +1 for Pemberton over Squampton?

Oct. 20, 2015, 2:28 p.m.

we drink a lot of beer while we're building, but no one has ever brought us beer….I take that back, I had a whistler brewery giftcard delivered to me on trail one night….by someone who regularly actually helps out

Oct. 20, 2015, 2:32 p.m.

I got a cold tall can once. much appreciated too.

Oct. 20, 2015, 3:25 p.m.

If I see a builder , I hand them a $ 20.00….I keep one in my pack or pocket every ride for just such an occasion.
It's soooo awesome to see the builder's reaction cause its true….all talk from others.

A $20.00 is the least we can do, buck up fellow riders

Oct. 20, 2015, 6:20 p.m.

I've been building walking/biking trails near my home.
Just finished one, about 400 meters long.
The day after I finished one last Easter I found a Easter basket full of chocolate sitting on a stump on the trail. Coincidence?
Never got anything from a biker and don't expect it

Chainsmoker 8)

Oct. 20, 2015, 7:48 p.m.

One thing that is really nice is when people stop to say "hi," instead of just ride past (or through) like you don't exist as you're on your knees digging or hammering etc. I think that means lots. Also, as of late, it would be really nice if the first thing that people didn't ask was, "what are you doing? Making it easier?" We all know of that drama on the shore, but looking past that, if you do have the time to stop and chat try, try, try to give a constructive suggestion as what you might think would be a good way to help the trail maintain its technical character while maintenance is done. Thanks.

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

Oct. 20, 2015, 9:10 p.m.

Saw Digger and Mark W on Fromme this afternoon directing the efforts of a huge crew from Arcteryx (sp?). So much is getting done it's great and most certainly appreciated.

Big shout out for both of these builders efforts as well as the excellent contributions from Arcteryx and the other corporate sponsors.

Oct. 22, 2015, 4:31 a.m.

Has to be them cougars. Heard they like good scotch.

Honestly, props to the builders. If I'd live on the Shore, I'd get the builders some treats.

No builders, no trails. It is that easy.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 22, 2015, 8:28 a.m.

Shout out to Metro Van for starting work on the BP trail to make an easier two way access to Riverside Dr from Richard Juryn trail network.

This is to be built by Ewan Fafard so you know it will be good!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.928098357226028[HTML_REMOVED]type=1

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram