Props, Shout outs and Respect

Aug. 18, 2015, 1:32 p.m.

I wanna give an extra special thank you to my parents for having sexual intercourse the night I was conceived. There's also need to thank my Grandma Molly for letting my older brother and two other sisters sleep at her house the night of my conception. Without her generosity, my parents could not have had the time and privacy they needed to get their swerve on.

Another huge thank you must also go out to the makers of Paul Mason wine. You're Chablee is not only crisp and tasty, but most importantly affordable, thus enabling my pops to purchase three bottles that night, giving my mother the proper buzz her normally reserved demeanor needed to let loose and get into the groove.

And a monster shout out goes to Vivian the hairdresses for doing up my mama's boufant so fine that night that my dad was actually heard to say "Damn woman, you look even hotter than one of those James Bond bitches!" And all my love and respect goes out to the manufacturers of the 1965 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. Thank you for making a back seat roomy enough for a large man such as my pops. It allowed him to get the proper traction he needed to perform his famous eight minute humpty-hump love pump.

But mostly I'd like to give massive props to the pharmacist at the Brooklyn Heights drug store for telling my dad that lamb skin prophalactics provide greater sensitivity, and not for mentioning lamb skin only has 96% reliability. Mom…Dad… you never treated me like a mistake and I love you for it. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 18, 2015, 2:18 p.m.

I wanna give an extra special thank you to my parents for having sexual intercourse the night I was conceived. There's also need to thank my Grandma Molly for letting my older brother and two other sisters sleep at her house the night of my conception. Without her generosity, my parents could not have had the time and privacy they needed to get their swerve on.

Another huge thank you must also go out to the makers of Paul Mason wine. You're Chablee is not only crisp and tasty, but most importantly affordable, thus enabling my pops to purchase three bottles that night, giving my mother the proper buzz her normally reserved demeanor needed to let loose and get into the groove.

And a monster shout out goes to Vivian the hairdresses for doing up my mama's boufant so fine that night that my dad was actually heard to say "Damn woman, you look even hotter than one of those James Bond bitches!" And all my love and respect goes out to the manufacturers of the 1965 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. Thank you for making a back seat roomy enough for a large man such as my pops. It allowed him to get the proper traction he needed to perform his famous eight minute humpty-hump love pump.

But mostly I'd like to give massive props to the pharmacist at the Brooklyn Heights drug store for telling my dad that lamb skin prophalactics provide greater sensitivity, and not for mentioning lamb skin only has 96% reliability. Mom…Dad… you never treated me like a mistake and I love you for it. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

I'd like to give a shout out to Buster Bluth…

Aug. 18, 2015, 8:12 p.m.

On that note, I would have to thank the Gin Martini.

Aug. 18, 2015, 8:55 p.m.

On that note, I would have to thank the Gin Martini.

"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to, all of lives problems!" (Homer Simpson)

I do say, bravo Buster, bravo!!! I needed a laugh.

Aug. 20, 2015, 4:50 p.m.

this is just a general shout out to the trails and people responsible i guess…dumped the family at kilmer park, rode my lovely recovered bike to mt. fromme and went for my first north shore ride ever.

didn't research beforehand, so i started with pile of rocks and quietly thought "shit, is all the north shore like this?" haha, i had a great time riding leopard, crinkum, kirkford, griffen. so yeah, was a good day. i didn't get a lot of reply hellos from others, but hey it's a big city. great time

Aug. 20, 2015, 9:13 p.m.

this is just a general shout out to the trails and people responsible i guess…dumped the family at kilmer park, rode my lovely recovered bike to mt. fromme and went for my first north shore ride ever.

didn't research beforehand, so i started with pile of rocks and quietly thought "shit, is all the north shore like this?" haha, i had a great time riding leopard, crinkum, kirkford, griffen. so yeah, was a good day. i didn't get a lot of reply hellos from others, but hey it's a big city. great time

Congrats! You are no longer a North Shore virgin. It's an amazing place.

Aug. 20, 2015, 9:16 p.m.

The new woodwork on Pangor is fantastic. So new… smells so good… haha.

The new trail work on Salvation is also great. Sure beats going down Incline.

Love the new drops/jumps on Pingu.

CBC is still the same. Awesome on a DH bike :)

Aug. 21, 2015, 10:11 a.m.

i didn't get a lot of reply hellos from others, but hey it's a big city. great time

I've found the same some days…usually it's headphones….or hypoxia.

Aug. 21, 2015, 4:44 p.m.

First time on the shore in a couple years, rode 7/leppard/crinkum/kirkford/griffin, good times. Hellos back about 2/3rds of the time

Aug. 21, 2015, 4:46 p.m.

Shout out to whomever cut the tree/arch on Good Sir Martin. As a rare bike riding giraffe I have found that such archways are dangerous and while a tree was sacrificed, at least a giraffe (a bike riding giraffe at that!) was saved from possible decapitation.

Is it too soon?
:(

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 21, 2015, 6:41 p.m.

Shout out to whomever cut the tree/arch on Good Sir Martin. As a rare bike riding giraffe I have found that such archways are dangerous and while a tree was sacrificed, at least a giraffe (a bike riding giraffe at that!) was saved from possible decapitation.

Is it too soon?
:(

I'm a bike-riding giraffe who liked riding under that arch. Kind of sad now.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Sept. 6, 2015, 11:08 a.m.

Huge shout out to Sven and his crew for the work they are doing on Pangor.

I love that you guys are rebuilding the trail as it was, though obviously to the current standard, and I'm looking forward to whatever you have planned.

Thanks so much!

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Sept. 6, 2015, 11:37 a.m.

Huge shout out to Sven and his crew for the work they are doing on Pangor.

I love that you guys are rebuilding the trail as it was, though obviously to the current standard, and I'm looking forward to whatever you have planned.

Thanks so much!

Thanks Drew. Believe it or not, most of the work is Sean, Lea, Mark and Podo, with Mark pushing us all to get it done. I've got a full time job elsewhere - the work doesn't happen without support from Acklands Grainger, NSMBA membership and DNV grants. I'm super happy to see there's work going into the trail!

Still need to figure out how to rebuild the wooden berms near the top using big slats instead of toothpicks.

Sept. 6, 2015, 1:23 p.m.

Thanks Drew. Believe it or not, most of the work is Sean, Lea, Mark and Podo, with Mark pushing us all to get it done. I've got a full time job elsewhere - the work doesn't happen without support from Acklands Grainger, NSMBA membership and DNV grants. I'm super happy to see there's work going into the trail!

Not a doubt. I also meant props for all the years you've been pushing the bus to make sure Pangor was getting love too.

That's a good follow up as well: huge props to the NSMBA for picking up Sean Gerke on waivers. There are a number of very talented, dedicated, and hard working trail builders/maintainers in the Shore-To-Sky and beyond but I can't think of any who are as friendly as Sean. Huge smile and tons of joie de vivre.

Great addition to the build team.

Still need to figure out how to rebuild the wooden berms near the top using big slats instead of toothpicks.

I thought you were an engineer :-).

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Sept. 9, 2015, 2:15 p.m.

I will be renewing my NSMBA membership this year and for years to come. I would like to thank all the amazing volunteers and committed builders of the current NSMBA. You all have taken the North Shore leaps and bounds ahead of what it used to be. This website is just a big thorn in the community’s back, full of negativity by all 12 of it users. This site does not represent the real riding community. All the real riders are out there now having fun on the amazing work the NSMBA has accomplished, instead of complaining about exaggerated and misinformation. Thanks to all that help make life as a rider in this community amazing.

Good news should go in the good news thread.