Props, Shout outs and Respect

May 29, 2015, 10:21 p.m.

I'm not around here much, mostly because I never ride anymore. It got expensive, I had a baby, and life moved on. So I don't know the drama you're referring to above. However…on to the purpose of the thread!

I live in Vancouver, and was surprised how many hellos I got walking with my 16-month old on the Shore recently. Not a bike trail, but in Lynn Canyon.

Runners and other hikers were super nice. I should see about moving across the bridge. We ignore each other here sometimes, and admittedly I'm not the first to make an effort to change that.

May 31, 2015, 1:09 p.m.

Props to the guy I met yesterday after dales trail day who is building grade reversals and filling cribs on king of the shore. Nice surprise on the way up. Props to Peter Morin for making improvements on kirkford, I haven't ridden that trail in 11 years but I will ride it more regularly now. And props to digger for your work on upper Griffen, it's getting to be quite fast and flowy.

June 1, 2015, 8:04 p.m.

What's funny/ironic… no one is probably going to use the new parking lot. The climb from Mountain View is awesome now that KotS is buffed, and coming back down via Imonator is great fun! Getting back to the new lot from Espresso and Ladies is a chunky chunk fest on BP it's funner to drop down to Braemar which means your parking low anyways. I guess if you're doing hot laps on Bobsled with the kids it will be a good place to park.

June 2, 2015, 10:20 a.m.

What's funny/ironic… no one is probably going to use the new parking lot. The climb from Mountain View is awesome now that KotS is buffed, and coming back down via Imonator is great fun! Getting back to the new lot from Espresso and Ladies is a chunky chunk fest on BP it's funner to drop down to Braemar which means your parking low anyways. I guess if you're doing hot laps on Bobsled with the kids it will be a good place to park.

I don't think it'll be much use to me most of the time either but I bet it'll get lots of use. People are lazy.

I also think it'll bring a lot more hikers to that side of the mountain which could cause a little extra friction.

June 2, 2015, 10:49 a.m.

NO QUARTER

So sick. Thanks again to everyone who was involved with this, job well done!!!

June 3, 2015, 3:05 p.m.

I don't think it'll be much use to me most of the time either but I bet it'll get lots of use. People are lazy.

I also think it'll bring a lot more hikers to that side of the mountain which could cause a little extra friction.

I think hikers have far more interesting places to go. I can't see parking in a lot surrounded by bike trails as much of a draw when Lynn Headwaters [HTML_REMOVED] a whole slew of other access trails are available. Also, hikers don't concern themselves with grinding uphill on buff trails…they can pretty much go up anything.

June 3, 2015, 3:06 p.m.

I see it being popular with those that may not as familiar with the Shore….those that park up as high as they can get on Mtn Hwy.

June 3, 2015, 3:08 p.m.

Shout out to the CycloXers who were churning the gears up ([HTML_REMOVED] down) Fromme last weekend….well done!

June 3, 2015, 6:10 p.m.

Old man Pete has done some serious magic to kirkford in the past couple months! Berm clinic. Also his recent buff of 7th. This man is the real deal!

June 3, 2015, 6:50 p.m.

Old man Pete has done some serious magic to kirkford in the past couple months! Berm clinic. Also his recent buff of 7th. This man is the real deal!

Pete is an inspiration: Riding, building, [HTML_REMOVED] attitude.

NO QUARTER

So sick. Thanks again to everyone who was involved with this, job well done!!!

This.

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

June 4, 2015, 10:33 a.m.

Pete is an inspiration: Riding, building, [HTML_REMOVED] attitude.

QFT. I hope I am even 10% as awesome at his age.

June 4, 2015, 4:48 p.m.

Second the props to all the volunteer efforts out there. You could not pay people enough to keep up with the maintenance these trails need.

June 5, 2015, 9:44 a.m.

Absolutely!

June 5, 2015, 10:29 a.m.

Pink starfish. My first time. Heck you nutters were onto something back in the day! Loved it! Thanks for what looks like new work.

That slab. Fark, couldn't get it.

June 7, 2015, 8:45 p.m.

Props to North Shore Billet for send me a new faceplate for Overlord stem after I damaged it in a crash of my own fault.
Sent it to me via courier with extra bolts for 0 dollars!