Props, Shout outs and Respect

May 24, 2015, 1:19 p.m.

Exactly! Glad we all agree.

ha - sarcasm missed.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 24, 2015, 3:20 p.m.

First of all, before I respond to this comment, I'd like to say thanks to the Don for starting this post. The internet is great for breeding negativity (as evidenced below) and it's nice to have someone focus on the positive.

Onward to RATCHET.

I guess you won't see this, since you are going, but adios.

I'm not sure what you mean about donating time. Donating to us? You have been contributing to the site in some way that benefits us? You do have 93 posts over 12 years, and that certainly is a long time. Thanks for that but maybe you are confusing us with the nsmbA?

You are welcome to your opinion about our moderation but you should know that it is a team effort. Most of the moderation is done by a group of volunteers and I/we sometimes never see posts that are reported before they are deleted. At the same time we have a great group of mods and I trust their judgement. Beyond that the ratio of posts reported to posts deleted is very small. We generally moderate with a light hand and, contrary to your opinion, disagreeing with us is not against our terms of use. Aside from spam, deleting posts on other grounds is incredibly rare these days.

Beyond that we welcome disagreement. Especially when it is well-expressed and logic-based. If you have an example of an exception to this I'd be happy to address it. Except that you are going, so I guess I won't get the chance.

The bulletin board is a small but important part of the site and I personally have much less time to keep tabs on it than I used to - in the days before social media had a name. I certainly don't pore over every post looking for things to delete.

Thanks for your long tenure here and I wish you well.

Farewell,
Cam (wannabe movie star) McRae

PS - I'd write more but I've been called to make up.

Yes, some of us have been here a long time. Well before some good peeps were shown the door others lost interest and the top brass became wannabe movie stars (oh Tacoma!, gargle, gargle…) . Time to move along. You cannot keep censoring the folk who have a different opinion that goes against the mass participation ribbon mentality of the day. Adieu NSMB.com. I will not be back. I have donated enough time. Keep the rubber side down (if you can).

May 24, 2015, 4:08 p.m.

PS - I'd write more but I've been called to make up.

Don't be late! There's so much that needs to be done before you are air-worthy again.

May 24, 2015, 4:40 p.m.

ha - sarcasm missed.

I think it may be you that has missed the sarcasm. ;)

May 24, 2015, 4:53 p.m.

I think it may be you that has missed the sarcasm. ;)

lol - yeah realized that after the fact and didn't bother to change my post.

either way, it's a shame these things can't be discussed truthfully.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 24, 2015, 5:07 p.m.

lol - yeah realized that after the fact and didn't bother to change my post.

either way, it's a shame these things can't be discussed truthfully.

Don't really know what needs to be discussed, people made mistakes, people admitted to their mistakes and learned from the experience. No need for judgement or public shaming.

Time to go ride bikes! (live and let live)

May 24, 2015, 7:31 p.m.

Thank hebrew there are still some folks that run unfettered and unwatched.

Yes, some of us have been here a long time. Well before some good peeps were shown the door others lost interest and the top brass became wannabe movie stars (oh Tacoma!, gargle, gargle…) . Time to move along. You cannot keep censoring the folk who have a different opinion that goes against the mass participation ribbon mentality of the day. Adieu NSMB.com. I will not be back. I have donated enough time. Keep the rubber side down (if you can).

hahaha….buddy had no idea what I was saying,but it looks like he was looking for a way to make some dramatic exit, so fare thee well good Ratchet.

Im stoked to hear that there is still a strong independent building crew in NV…..not so stoked to hear about the intimidation factor that Ive been told about in the next breath.

keep on keeping on…….

So who will see the lions share of that 100 grand????

Pastor of Muppets

May 24, 2015, 8:21 p.m.

hahaha….buddy had no idea what I was saying,but it looks like he was looking for a way to make some dramatic exit, so fare thee well good Ratchet.

Im stoked to hear that there is still a strong independent building crew in NV…..not so stoked to hear about the intimidation factor that Ive been told about in the next breath.

keep on keeping on…….

Who said anything about a building crew?

May 24, 2015, 8:42 p.m.

get any calls yet?

I have one missed call from a while ago, was napping with my kid. Im just going to tell whoever does call to drop it because the rcmp are involved and none of us should be discussing this on a forum.

I think he means go back and delete the post with your name and phone number in it, or do what you like

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 24, 2015, 8:56 p.m.

keep on keeping on…….

I think they are using some of that money to hire a high school student to maintain trails.

May 24, 2015, 9:01 p.m.

Building and riding is a privilege, and I feel privileged to be able to do both. Props to both the Nsmba and unnamed trail fairy maintainers, your work is noticed and appreciated.

May 24, 2015, 11:23 p.m.

Who said anything about a building crew?

It's in the NSMBA town hall minutes posted on line. There is mention about a 4 person build team made up of students. I don't think there are any more public details than that.

Props to all the people that worked hard to secure that funding!!!

May 25, 2015, 8:38 a.m.

Student is being hired via a Service Canada grant that was applied for and received.

One student for 8 weeks.

http://www.nsmba.ca/content/2015-05_nsmba-hiring-student-trail-builder

May 25, 2015, 9:53 a.m.

I'd like to thank The Don for starting this thread, it's nice to have something for positive stuff, lets try and keep this one thread moving in a positive manner.

Thanks everybody.

Keep On Ridin'!!

May 25, 2015, 4:12 p.m.

Thanks to all you guys for keeping me stoked on biking, keep it up NSMB!