Potential Bike park at Mount Seymour?

May 9, 2012, 9:35 a.m.

gondola from the shopping center to mystery peak .

that's a rumor i heard .

May 9, 2012, 12:22 p.m.

I was surprised that Cypress couldn't make a go of it. If they couldn't, I highly doubt Seymour could.

It is good terrain up there though, probably better for biking than skiing

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 9, 2012, 12:57 p.m.

I doubt it would cover a fraction of the costs.

Don't you think if Cypress was financially viable they would have re-opened? I mean who doesn't want to make money? I suspect it's a financial loser for a good few years and in this economy no one is taking risks. Isn't Seymour also in a Provincial Park?

there are parks in germany that operate separately from the lift operator and dont see any money from the lift passes and still survive through their shop/rental fleet. but these parks usually have 1-3 trails, probably not enough for the whistler spoilt audience…

May 9, 2012, 12:58 p.m.

Everything above the parking lot is rock and rock with a thin layer of peaty soil. They would have to blast the single track into the mountain. I could see trails on Lodge or Ridge but they would be short.

May 9, 2012, 6:06 p.m.

Cypress was and still is the BEST option for a local lift-assist bike park when talking about the lower mainland.

Upper or Lower Cypress?

One idea floated for housing above 1200' on Cypress was a gondola from the 1st switchback to the 3rd. Residents could use it instead of driving up and down the hill. Bikers would benefit. :idea:

It would have a much longer riding season that anything higher up. The impact on lower trails would be, ahem, noticable.

What do you think? Would you support lift access on lower Cypress? Would you work on the trails?

May 9, 2012, 6:28 p.m.

Upper or Lower Cypress?

One idea floated for housing above 1200' on Cypress was a gondola from the 1st switchback to the 3rd. Residents could use it instead of driving up and down the hill. Bikers would benefit. :idea:

It would have a much longer riding season that anything higher up. The impact on lower trails would be, ahem, noticable.

What do you think? Would you support lift access on lower Cypress? Would you work on the trails?

sorry if this is confusing but my point was about the full bike park..not a gondie/lift that took you part way up, ala the suggestion that was recently floated about SFU..

i havent even thought about a lift access gondi for part way up Cypress.. this is the fist i ever heard of it.

May 9, 2012, 7:23 p.m.

gondola from the shopping center to mystery peak .

that's a rumor i heard .

peak2peak - seymour to grouse to Cypress! WE WIN!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

May 9, 2012, 7:49 p.m.

peak2peak - seymour to grouse to Cypress! WE WIN!

were do i sign up ???:fruit:

May 9, 2012, 10:28 p.m.

I doubt Seymour has the money to run the operation.

Just get the shuttle service back running and open up Hangman.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 10, 2012, 3:07 p.m.

Its not that they don't have the money to do it… The legal reasons that has already been touched on is why.

And seymour already has income from the summer months that requires time and attention. I would much rather be paid on contract by the provincial government rather than hoping some bikers will give me money to ride trails when there are a bunch of free ones just below.

www.knollybikes.com

:canada: