Post yer rippers!

Jan. 4, 2017, 5:18 a.m.

so far our kid is liking bmx as he has a great time with the other kids, plus the theory is he'll learn some good techniques. one at ridge meadows, and one in the hood.

sorry for semi-big pics.

Jan. 4, 2017, 3:08 p.m.

so far our kid is liking bmx as he has a great time with the other kids, plus the theory is he'll learn some good techniques. one at ridge meadows, and one in the hood.

http://www.northshorebmx.com for the win. Ridge is great. Squamish and Whistler have nice tracks too.

We're in ski mode now, but I can't say enough good things about BMX-friends, fun, skills. Given how many moms and dads ride bikes around here, I'm surprised more people don't check it out. It can be a little intimidating at first, but the coaches and volunteers are amazing, and once you get over that initial hump, it's all gravy. Trail riding with dad is all well and good, but for skill development, structure and repetition plus kids riding with other kids is a wicked combo.

Jan. 4, 2017, 3:17 p.m.

http://www.northshorebmx.com for the win. Ridge is great. Squamish and Whistler have nice tracks too.

back when he was new-ish at bmx (last spring) and before we got him the race bike, we tried north shore…it was too steep for him. i'm going to try again this year though as a lot changes in a year.

lots of little towns are trying for tracks too, like cranbrook and fernie. i assume due to the olympics. either way, yeah it is a great sport for kids.

Jan. 4, 2017, 3:21 p.m.

I got Kate a Spawn Banshee, can probably put the cranks back on.. great for cruising the Beltline in Atlanta..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Jan. 4, 2017, 3:35 p.m.

that's awsome. Too cute!

Jan. 4, 2017, 4:19 p.m.

How the heck does one post/embed photos on here?

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Jan. 5, 2017, 8:41 a.m.

I found it out…you open the attached image in a new browser window, copy the adress and pasty it into the pop up that is going to open if you want to embed an image from the net.

Me and Little M went for an hour or so outside just for the fun of it.

And he really loves the disc brakes.

Now I just have one question that is bugging me: Why the heck do the attached files turn 90 degrees?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 5, 2017, 5:35 p.m.

I got Kate a Spawn Banshee, can probably put the cranks back on.. great for cruising the Beltline in Atlanta..

Future trials rider, for sure.

Jan. 6, 2017, 3:27 p.m.

lots of little towns are trying for tracks too, like cranbrook and fernie. i assume due to the olympics. either way, yeah it is a great sport for kids.

A little less structured, and not so "little town" but Vancouver Parks has a pump track in the 2017 budget for Vanier Park!

Jan. 6, 2017, 11:51 p.m.

Any idea who would build it? I rode the velosolutions asphalt track in Leavenworth and it was heaven.

My assumption is that it will go to Hoots though.

Feb. 9, 2017, 2:42 p.m.

With the white stuff almost gone my little one was itching for some jumps and a proper, bike park-like singletrack and skills area.

And tonight I had to explain all the quotes given in Anthill's Strength in Numbers.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 13, 2017, 2:59 p.m.

This photo always makes me smile.

Feb. 15, 2017, 8:44 a.m.

With the white stuff almost gone my little one was itching for some jumps and a proper, bike park-like singletrack and skills area.

And tonight I had to explain all the quotes given in Anthill's Strength in Numbers.

Where are those jumps Mic?

Feb. 15, 2017, 8:49 a.m.

If anyone has some experience/advice on getting their kid to make the transition to pedal bike from run bike, I'd sure like to hear it. My guy just turned 5 and he still prefers his run bike - and it's getting way too small for him!

Trouble is, he's so fast on the run bike he can keep up to friends on the pedal bikes, so no real incentive to make the jump.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 15, 2017, 12:20 p.m.

Ride with him and show him what can be done using pedals. Standing up. Bunny hoping etc.

Also I put a basket on the front of her pedal bike so her 'bunnies' could come along for the ride. She just couldn't wait to get going on it.

My girl just turned 4 and she is ripping on the pedal bike now. So so proud especially when we rock up to pre school on our bikes together.

Yeah Mic where are those jumps?