Post here when you fall off your bike

April 13, 2019, 9:50 p.m.

You’re only one crash away!!!!

Sept. 4, 2019, 11:56 p.m.

I landed on my face this afternoon at the first rock roll on Forever After.  No idea what happened... I had done the roll and was on essentially level ground when suddenly I was OTB with my face in the dirt.  Very lucky to not have broken any teeth, but I'll have a fat lip for a few days and some trail rash on my face.  Spit blood the rest of the way down FA and across Bridle to Old Buck.

My worst wrecks are always in the Fall.  I figure I get too cocky and/or complacent as my confidence level gets higher later in the season.

Sept. 7, 2019, 8:04 p.m.

Glad both of you are ok and will mend in no time!!! Both sound like they could have been nasty and so sore and cut and bruised is a huge win. 

Ride safe!!!!

Aug. 31, 2021, 8:49 p.m.

It's been so long since anyone crashed it seems; thought I'd bring this thread back to life from the injured list.

No bike crashes but as it turns out I am an old man. Was walking up a single step onto my patio, clipped the toe of my flip flop and was taking a header onto the wood when I managed to get my right leg under me while only maybe knee distance from the ground. My fight to stay off the ground was strong and I instinctively started to try to straighten up from the deepest single leg  knee bend I have ever done. My ribs were squished against my thigh as I was already in the process of falling face first. As I strained to keep from biting it, I could feel all my ribs and intercostals crying out, at that point I decided the fall would hurt less than continuing to try to avoid it and just took the header I should have accepted in the first place. The fall was inconsequential but my ribs from trying to avoid it are quite unhappy with me. Now it hurts to breath, laugh and hiccup. It sucks getting old.

I also managed to run my hand into a stump while cornering. On a positive note, the stump was old and rotten and didn't break my knuckle. As well, I must have been really committing to my cornering technique to clip my inside hand on a relatively low lying stump that I didn't even take notice of. I guess I'm channelling a little Matt Hunter? In any case, I'm beaten but not broken; and still riding :)

Ride safe everyone!