Post here when you fall off your bike

April 13, 2019, 9:50 p.m.

You’re only one crash away!!!!

Sept. 4, 2019, 6:17 p.m.

holy fuck, there's some bad crash history in here....  last night i had possibly my worst yet and i feel foolish but lucky i wasn't hospitalized.  coming down the first stretch of a techy and very rough trail into a left off camber rocky chute. ridden it about 8 times this summer. broken rock with little soil the line held up on the downside with thick primary tree roots. came in hot and lacking focus, thinking about keeping up speed with the young guns ahead, not just enjoying my own ride and trying to slow down too late. now into the chute too fast and plow into one of the leg size roots and out the front door, down the chute into the rock pile at the bottom with my bike following and landing on me.  badly cut elbow and leg and knee contusion (through the pad). 

sore all over and banged up but i'll recover in a couple weeks.  riding with expert guys younger than me that go harder and faster and are always 'training' for the next race or racing each other requires some discipline to recognize i ain't ever going to catch them and trying to is a high risk proposition.

Sept. 4, 2019, 11:56 p.m.

I landed on my face this afternoon at the first rock roll on Forever After.  No idea what happened... I had done the roll and was on essentially level ground when suddenly I was OTB with my face in the dirt.  Very lucky to not have broken any teeth, but I'll have a fat lip for a few days and some trail rash on my face.  Spit blood the rest of the way down FA and across Bridle to Old Buck.

My worst wrecks are always in the Fall.  I figure I get too cocky and/or complacent as my confidence level gets higher later in the season.

Sept. 7, 2019, 8:04 p.m.

Glad both of you are ok and will mend in no time!!! Both sound like they could have been nasty and so sore and cut and bruised is a huge win. 

Ride safe!!!!