Pink Starfish

April 7, 2013, 9:53 p.m.

http://nsmba.ca/about

Tbox, those who volunteer to run the organization set the mandate. Todays practices do meet the current mission and vision statements. When's the last time you attended an AGM?

It's honestly been at least 6,7 or 8 years….back when Cowan threw in the towel, which was ironically over the same issues.

I guess the vision and mission statements are open to interpretation though.

I encourage the ol' schoolers still living down there to show up at the next AGM and possibly get on the board if these types of trails are important to you

Pastor of Muppets

April 7, 2013, 10:04 p.m.

It's honestly been at least 6,7 or 8 years….back when Cowan threw in the towel, which was ironically over the same issues.

I guess the vision and mission statements are open to interpretation though.

I encourage the ol' schoolers still living down there to show up at the next AGM and possibly get on the board if these types of trails are important to you

In 2005

_Mission Statement: The North Shore Mountain Bike Association is an organization dedicated to the accessiblity of trails and support
of mountain biking on the North Shore. Be a part of the actionby joining up via our website at www.nsmba.bc.ca . Our goals are:

To keep trails challenging
To be a voice for mountain biking on the North Shore
To maintain the trails
To keep the trails open
To promote respect for the environment through cooperative trail maintenance [HTML_REMOVED] education
To promote multiple use of trails [HTML_REMOVED] etiquette_

In 2011

The NSMBA is a voice for the mountain biking community of the North Shore.
We protect and maintain the trails as environmental leaders, focused on sustainability through education [HTML_REMOVED] action. We develop trail networks that provide challenge and progression while fostering mountain bike culture and a community that embraces our sport as a positive force.

The challenge part dropped down the priority list a while ago. Next question?

April 7, 2013, 10:21 p.m.

I should have taken a walk down it today to see what all the fuss is about. I do remember riding it probably last summer and wasn't stoked on the flat landings, but Im not too hung up on my riding ways to appreciate ANY sort of new work done to the trail.

We spend all this time arguing with eachother when we're all on the same team, lets send some of the spew towards council or whoever and get it legally correct or I will head down there and try to buff it up myself

p.s. no joke I got nothing but time on my hands..

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

April 7, 2013, 11:16 p.m.

alright well People are in position of power for a reason. However, I respect the DNV and thats that

its pretty easy to dig. period. bring a bucket, dig for a couple hours. clearn drains. aren't these all little things that can be done without having to build structures and so forth ?

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

April 7, 2013, 11:28 p.m.

As they should, the mayors pretty much own the mountains. We are the bikers, they are the politicians and they should have a big say of the happenings in the woods because they are probably in the woods just as much as we are. The amount of frogs that have probably been saved with Starfish closed down over the years has probably been, a lot.. and that's awesome

April 8, 2013, 8:58 a.m.

Maybe it should become a nature trail called Pink Frogfish?

treezz
wow you are a ass

April 8, 2013, 10:18 a.m.

Maybe it should become a nature trail called Pink Frogfish?

Or a super-glarly speed trail with lots of air and big drops with a name-change to "chocolate starfish".

April 8, 2013, 1:54 p.m.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/The-Shore-Lives-update-2013.html

And a challenge from Wade Simmons,

For the vocal minority that seem unable to accept the change in our midst, Wade Simmons, now Director with the NSMBA, has a standing offer. "Anyone who thinks we're 'dumbing down the Shore', I'll be happy to take them for a ride."

Please post wideo and pics if you accept this challenge.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 8, 2013, 2:42 p.m.

suddenly got quiet in the thread…

:canada:

April 8, 2013, 2:49 p.m.

That's awesome. I'd love to see some public shaming of vocal jerk-ority

There really are different worlds of ability level out there… oh, and fitness.

I'll happily adapt to the trails that are out there. If it gets too hot in the kitchen, I'm too old. Or some such…

April 8, 2013, 3:20 p.m.

LOL, like it takes 45 minutes to call up Wade, arrange a ride, do the ride and get video evidence up on line…

April 8, 2013, 3:48 p.m.

He didnt say what trail he would take you on did he?

I'm ignoring Smedley.

April 8, 2013, 3:52 p.m.

Anyone actually wanting to take Wade up on the offer might have to wait a couple weeks. He busted up his wrist on Friday while out riding on the "dumbed down" Shore.

April 8, 2013, 3:54 p.m.

Anyone actually wanting to take Wade up on the offer might have to wait a couple weeks. He busted up his wrist on Friday while out riding on the "dumbed down" Shore.

But he won't let it let Carlos down he vows.

He didnt say what trail he would take you on did he?

Nope.

There really are different worlds of ability level out there… oh, and fitness.

Yes there is. I have been down Starfish a couple of times. I acknowledge that it exceeds my skill set on a bike..lack of balance and self preservation thing. Kind of sad that it has fallen by the way side but things move on. And as has been mentioned a few times trails need work to keep them active and some need more.

Who knows, maybe in the future when other trails have been fixed up…who knows maybe it will be reborn in a different form.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 8, 2013, 4:17 p.m.

Damn, now I know how I'm going to get a free bike lesson from The Godfather!

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.