Physical Assault (or worse) Thwarted Today: Woodlot

Nov. 7, 2012, 10:08 a.m.

I admit that, when cops do stupid shit, I don't like it. When cops do their jobs properly and are respectful of individual rights, then they're a functional and necessary part of our society.

Perhaps you can point out the specific part of that that is hypocritical?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 7, 2012, 11:02 a.m.

The hypocritical part is the general attitude held by many here that cops are thugs. Nothing specific in your comments. I am equally outraged when I see them cross the line. But I think there's a lot of people that immediately jump to conclusions and call out the police when they don't know the whole story. It's a tough job and I don't think a lot of people give them enough credit.

Just my opinion. You may not be one of the hypocrites I speak of but there certainly are some here. Just look at any thread involving bike theft vs a thread involving being temporarily detained by the police for suspicion of bike theft. Lots of us come across as entitled little brats.

I apologize if you're not one of these people. It's more of a general attitude I see here and it pisses me off.

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 7, 2012, 11:09 a.m.

yet when something serious happens you're all "you should have called the cops asap. They'll save the day."

Give the OP a "conceal and carry" permit, and a 9mm pistol and I'm sure he would have had the confidence to detain the aggressor without worrying about his own safety as an unarmed individual.

I mean, if you're going to throw out terms like "hypocrite" the least you can do is accept that if the playing field was level, this may have ended differently…

Nov. 7, 2012, 11:22 a.m.

Just an observation about some of you guys at NSMB. And I'm sure I'll get a negative rep over it.

Why is it that there's so many anti-cop comments (in NBR) yet when something serious happens you're all "you should have called the cops asap. They'll save the day."

Bloody hypocrites.

So they can do their job?

Nov. 7, 2012, 11:36 a.m.

Hating cops was so 1990's man.
:lol:

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 7, 2012, 3:28 p.m.

Any calls to the area hospitals to see if the victim has/had shown up? As said earlier, "hindsight is 20/20" don't down yourself for acting how you did, because at that time your/your buddies gut instinct had taken control and were concerned about the victim.

I struggle with the thought or lack of thought about putting the "victim" into a somewhat stranger's vehicle without getting some kind of identification, and am baffled about the police not being called a.s.a.p.

I can see wanting to help the victim first and foremost but, just can't fathom how that same gut instinct wouldn't have propelled your buds to chase the mofo down and beat the f$%k out of him…maybe even drag him by his ballbag down to the parking lot. THEN call 911.

"God gave me eyes so I don't ride my bike thru dog poop right dad?" <- my 11 year-old ->

..`Good times come and good times go,
I only wish the good times would last a little longer.."-Mike Ness

Nov. 7, 2012, 3:48 p.m.

that's fucked.
it's highly highly unfortunate that your buddies didn't call the cops asap and yes they should still file one now. however, no one knows for sure that the girl didn't file a report on her own - i wouldn't make an assumption either way about what her actions were.

Nov. 7, 2012, 6:18 p.m.

no one knows for sure that the girl didn't file a report on her own .

I think Kever posted above that at the time when he filed the boys couldn't find a corresponding complaint by the victim.

Why not? What if, just what if……………the perp was actually her husband? :couple:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 7, 2012, 6:18 p.m.

Any calls to the area hospitals to see if the victim has/had shown up? As said earlier, "hindsight is 20/20" don't down yourself for acting how you did, because at that time your/your buddies gut instinct had taken control and were concerned about the victim.

I struggle with the thought or lack of thought about putting the "victim" into a somewhat stranger's vehicle without getting some kind of identification, and am baffled about the police not being called a.s.a.p.

I can see wanting to help the victim first and foremost but, just can't fathom how that same gut instinct wouldn't have propelled your buds to chase the mofo down and beat the f$%k out of him…maybe even drag him by his ballbag down to the parking lot. THEN call 911.

Like I said, I would have done things differently if I were first on the scene. I didn't even see the assailant, the other 2 riders in the group did.

There's nothing I would have liked more than to give him a good ol fashioned beat down, but I would have probably been too scared given the opportunity. Say what you will behind the safety of your monitor but that shit's not worth dying over, cause you never know if he had a weapon.

Nov. 7, 2012, 6:19 p.m.

I think Kever posted above that at the time when he filed the boys couldn't find a corresponding complaint by the victim.

Why not? What if, just what if……………the perp was actually her husband? :couple:

detective tungsten is on the case

Nov. 7, 2012, 6:30 p.m.

Easy for people to say what they would have done, but until it happens, you never know. Food for thought if anything like that ever happens again. If the cops were called right away, perhaps they could've blocked off roads, put out a description etc.

Thread killer

Nov. 7, 2012, 6:40 p.m.

and what if it were actualy her husband?

Nov. 7, 2012, 7:44 p.m.

just can't fathom how that same gut instinct wouldn't have propelled your buds to chase the mofo down and beat the f$%k out of him….

Making a citizens arrest does not give you an excuse for doing violence.

That's illegal, you could be charged with assault.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 7, 2012, 7:47 p.m.

and what if it were actualy her husband?

Tragic? :(

Nov. 7, 2012, 7:56 p.m.

Making a citizens arrest does not give you an excuse for doing violence.

That's illegal, you could be charged with assault.

Clumsy bastard, he just kept tripping on his own feet while we marched him down the trail.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.