Physical Assault (or worse) Thwarted Today: Woodlot

Nov. 6, 2012, 2:10 a.m.

Are you fucking serious?
Calling the rcmp right away at the first chance you got would be the normal thing to do would it not???
The rcmp could have been there asap and called in the rcmp copper and used their thermal cameras to possibly pick this guy out of the woods. Set up road blocks ect.. Look for pictures on the bus?

Like holy fuck :lol::rolleyes:

superheros
I like bikes

Nov. 6, 2012, 3:15 a.m.

Wow scary, that poor woman. She must have trusted him to take her to her destination, "oh ya they live next door to me I will show you the way"…. she will never trust again.

Sure be nice to see some wanted pics up of this murdering rapist. The public needs to know, you guys done good but your not finished yet. This is serious Biz!

Nov. 6, 2012, 5:45 a.m.

Man…..thats fucked up….you never know what you are gonna come across on a trail….

Me being from the southside of chicago, i dont leave the house without a decent knife (illegal for me to carry a gun, so a folding knife is the best i can do legally) and its not only for protection… if i am out on the trails and fuck something up, say get in a bad wreck, and have a nasty would that the bandaids in my kit wont work with, i then have somehimg to cut up my shirt or a pant leg for a makeshift bandage so i can get myself out…i tend to ride solo most of the time around here…. And the woods doen here tend to attract the crackheads and other miscreants…..so you can never be fully prepared…

Nov. 6, 2012, 7:15 a.m.

even though it is well after the fact now you should go back and identify exactly where the assault took place so the cops can go back to the scene and do a search for evidence .

not trying to make you feel any worse kever , but had the cops been alerted as soon as you had learned of the incident they could of had a dog on scene to track the suspect . rcmp success rate for tracking bad guys in rural areas is very high .

Nov. 6, 2012, 7:50 a.m.

Gotcha. Yeah. The situation was handled poorly by us. Honestly we were all stunned and didn't know what to do. Not sure what my idea to call the police was shut down so.

It's a very traumatic experience, even to have a small part in this sort of thing. The mental shock of what just happened can cloud even the simplest decisions.

I don't think anyone wants to give you too hard a time over this, but hopefully everyone gives themselves a moment to reflect and maybe if anyone reading this thread is in a similar position, they'll act faster and call the RC right away. It's so important for them to get on these things immediately!

I often slag the actions of stupid cops, but this right here - this is the job we need them for!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 6, 2012, 8:35 a.m.

They said there's not much they can do about it without knowing who the victim is and into whose custody she was released to. A quick database check indicated that neither the forestry workers, the witnesses or the victim filed a report. The police are now getting in contact with one of the witnesses. Hopefully they get a lead.

it should be possible to track down the forestry guys who picked her up. that way the police can find out where she might have been dropped off - hopefully her home.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 6, 2012, 9:24 a.m.

A Facebook page could be created to appeal for witnesses
To this, Just a thought. If everyone shared it around it could
Help

Nov. 6, 2012, 11:30 a.m.

I say we get a length of rope, form a NSMB lynch mob and ride out and find that fucker!

We don't need this kinda' shit happening where we ride our bikes, if Monica finds out she'll start screaming that mtn. biking leads to rape!

Seriously though…..

Kever, hindsight being 20/20, sure there's lots of shit that coulda'/shoulda' been done, but given the callousness which people treat each other these days you guys fundamentally did the right thing.

As syncro pointed out again, tracking down that forestry peep is one of the keys if this thing is ever gonna' be resolved.

schoenrock - Vancouver buses all have cameras, but only a few suburban coaches are so equipped. If she did ride a bus with a camera though the images could still be there as the memory cards take up to 4 days to fill on buses running long daily schedules and up to 7 days if it's a bus used for short daily trippers.

So they could check, if they can find this woman soon enough.

inshane - those memory cards on Coast Mtn. coaches are a valued resource for the VPD who've solved many, many crimes poring over those captured images.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 6, 2012, 11:56 a.m.

It is freaky having that kind of stuff happen around here. There are a bunch of properties that are not far from that area, it is very possible he wandered through or is still hanging around somebodies property.

IIRC, the local shuttle bus doesn't go past the Iron Mtn store so they probably would have walked from there.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Nov. 6, 2012, 12:14 p.m.

it should be possible to track down the forestry guys who picked her up. that way the police can find out where she might have been dropped off - hopefully her home.

The other guy I was riding with, the other non-witness, is going back to Woodlot tomorrow to track down the forestry truck and see what happened after she left. All we know is that she lives in Port Coquitlam.

Nov. 6, 2012, 1:48 p.m.

Are you fucking serious?
Calling the rcmp right away at the first chance you got would be the normal thing to do would it not???
The rcmp could have been there asap and called in the rcmp copper and used their thermal cameras to possibly pick this guy out of the woods. Set up road blocks ect.. Look for pictures on the bus?

Like holy fuck :lol::rolleyes:

Hey Sherlock just so u know that whenever a crime happens in an area security footage is the first thing they grab. How often do you see a transit pic on the news vs going through a roadblock?

Nov. 6, 2012, 6:18 p.m.

The cat murderer in Maple Ridge was determined to be one or more coyotes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/06/15/maple-ridge-mutilated-cats-coyotes_n_1600909.html

Bad news on this attack, good news that it was stopped.

Nov. 7, 2012, 9:51 a.m.

Just an observation about some of you guys at NSMB. And I'm sure I'll get a negative rep over it.

Why is it that there's so many anti-cop comments (in NBR) yet when something serious happens you're all "you should have called the cops asap. They'll save the day."

Bloody hypocrites.

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 7, 2012, 9:56 a.m.

I often slag the actions of stupid cops, but this right here - this is the job we need them for!

Kn.

Just an observation about some of you guys at NSMB. And I'm sure I'll get a negative rep over it.

Why is it that there's so many anti-cop comments (in NBR) yet when something serious happens you're all "you should have called the cops asap. They'll save the day."

Bloody hypocrites.

Was I unclear?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 7, 2012, 9:58 a.m.

Was I unclear?

Kn.

At least you admit you're a hypocrite.

Wrong. Always.