Photo plaques on Seymour

Sept. 15, 2016, 10:11 a.m.

Nice article.

And the video with Chaz is entertaining.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/mount-seymour-photo-galleries-real-trail-blazers

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 15, 2016, 10:32 a.m.

Mountain bike legend.
Good times!

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 15, 2016, 1:46 p.m.

that the guys name is Chaz is kinda hilarious. he seems like a comic book character. no personal disrespect to the guy but the name, look and commentary are just so over the top. the only thing missing was the 'whoa dude….' i'm guessing this did not entice a lot of women to the sport in the olden days. super cool work and photos, i'm glad for pioneers like this guy.

Sept. 15, 2016, 3:05 p.m.

I would love to read the signs but Straaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Seriously though, the pics and signs just help us all visualize the dedication and hard volunteer work that goes into each trail throughout the trails lifespan. I really like it.

Sept. 15, 2016, 6:15 p.m.

Love the video…a cameo of Lumpy in the old photo.
I remember Hell of the North…what a great race. One year, Joe Murray showed up with a single front chain ring (a 42T, I believe) and blew everyone's mind.

Sept. 15, 2016, 10:47 p.m.

there should be a pic in there of LSCR coming in and tearing all your shit down.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Sept. 21, 2016, 8:25 a.m.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm really happy that people have liked this project so much!

We said the photos would be up until September, and last night we took them down. I'm a bit sad to see them go, but I'm proud of what we did. I wrote up a little retrospective about the project with some photos: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/turning-an-art-gallery-back-into-a-trail-2016.html

Sept. 23, 2016, 10:59 a.m.

Rode it on Monday while down from Kamloops for a couple of days. Glad I got to see the pictures before they were removed.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

Sept. 23, 2016, 3:19 p.m.

I loved the entire photo essay. It took away a lot of the pain going up.

Those are amazing trails, with or without the photos.