Penticton riding?

Sept. 22, 2010, 11:01 a.m.

I'm heading there tomorrow and have some free time on Saturday. Is it worth bringing a bike? If so, DH or AM? Can anyone point me to some resources online?

FWIW I know westbank's got the goods, but I don't know if I'll have tome to get up there and I'd like to check out something new.

iforonewelcome.com

Sept. 22, 2010, 11:17 a.m.

Check out http://www.bikepenticton.com/

They have some maps online, and their forum has organized rides.

Hope it helps.

Sept. 22, 2010, 11:55 a.m.

Either ride will be fine, but it's a bit more suited to the AM rig. Both shops in town are fricken awesome. Grab yerself a map and give'r. Faves include Drops a Lot, Rock Oven, and all the Peat Bog stuff ( a bit haggard and run down, but still fun).

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Sept. 23, 2010, 2:21 a.m.

Dude,

We have MAJOR riding here! This place is a two-wheel paradise! You are dropping in during our annual Bike Festival, maybe you wanna' ride the CycloCross or a taste of XC Poker Ride fun? We have a live band Friday night and shiploads of riding all weekend in general.

As for bikes; bring both! You can check out the new Pancho's Revenge trail in the Bog on the DH rig, and then ride the Three Blind Mice on the XC bike. If you are into big singletrack climbs, there is also the Mt.Keogan area just south of Okanagan Falls (close by). If you dig shuttle drops with an 'All Mountain' rig, the area offers drops from Rd.201 down through Derenzy Lake / Jamie's Extension / WARD1 by way of Gillies Cr., or the hoot known as the Naramata Beer Run… Hell man, that's the tip of the iceberg; the list of riding here is HUGE!

Andrew D.
www.bikepenticton.com