Pay parking on seymour?

Jan. 29, 2003, 7:38 a.m.

I dont know if this applies to seymour but I sure wouldnt be suprised.

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/story.asp?id=97DB4592-470F-4B83-9C83-0F70033FDBF2

"Parking fees of $3 or $5 will be instituted at 28 of the most popular parks in the Lower Mainland and southern Vancouver Island."

Unlimited parking can be purchased for $50 a year in 2003 and 2004 before jumping to $75.

they go on to mention that the revenue generated will help support the parks system. Personaly I dont mind paying a few bucks to access the trails.

Jan. 29, 2003, 10:11 a.m.

I think that is referring to parking at campgrounds, but I could be wrong.

Jan. 29, 2003, 10:13 a.m.

you can park for free at the mushroom parking lot… i am not to sure about the CBC parkinglot, i know it is closed, so i always get dropped off there:rolleyes:

CHRINN

Jan. 29, 2003, 10:19 a.m.

Originally posted by IMPACT ~ PAYER
you can park for free at the mushroom parking lot… i am not to sure about the CBC parkinglot, i know it is closed, so i always get dropped off there:rolleyes:

And where would you drop your shuttle car? lol. Thats what he is referring to. Glad to see you back dood.

Dec 2006 photo contest winner "Best Ass Shot"

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Jan. 29, 2003, 10:28 a.m.

Originally posted by JSinclair
And where would you drop your shuttle car? lol. Thats what he is referring to. Glad to see you back dood.

thanx man i'm glad to be back… usualy we get dropped off a few hundered metters above the CBC parking lot area, there is another radio tower with a small lot we use to take our rigs of the rack…. does that help ?:???:

CHRINN

Jan. 29, 2003, 12:05 p.m.

Yes it will apply to Seymour. Buy your parking pass now!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Jan. 29, 2003, 12:17 p.m.

just get a 3rd party to drive you up that doesnt ride. avoid the whole parking thing

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

Jan. 29, 2003, 12:18 p.m.

Let's hope that at least the money generated will go back into the parks and recreation budget. Espectially for trail upgrading and maintenance! Are there going to be meters or something? I saw this on the news last night.

Jan. 29, 2003, 12:21 p.m.

Originally posted by Sharon
Yes it will apply to Seymour. Buy your parking pass now!

i know tons of guys who park all over seymour and don't get tickets.

CHRINN

Jan. 29, 2003, 12:49 p.m.

Originally posted by IMPACT ~ PAYER
i know tons of guys who park all over seymour and don't get tickets.

yet

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Jan. 29, 2003, 12:51 p.m.

The good ol days are gone so quick eh? It was just a couple weeks ago when the Seymour shuttle crowd (ie Norco staff/pro ride) could park on Riverside, take the pickup to the top of CBC, ride down to Riverside and grab the other vehicle.

Now the Riverside parking area is closed and you have to pay to park at the top or at the bottom of Old Buck!! But what if you bought a 50lb sled with '03 Monster T, 3x24" Gazzy's, 67 seat angle and 4" seatpost? How are you going to ride? Will you huff it from the Superstore all the way down Seymour parkway, up the mountain and back down again? I think not. Will you simply go to shuttle Cypress - where they hate bikers and there's no trail maintenance allowed? Will we see more secret trails on Cypress because the main ones are so chewed up?? How absurd would it be for the NSMBA to have awesome trail days on Seymour/Grouse whilst the Cypress trails are trashed by unprecedent volume of shuttlers that are too cheap to pay for parking?

Cypress is supposed to host some 2010 Olympics events, so perhaps in July will we'll hear news on the fate of biking there while they are upgrading the facilities for the Olympics!

NSMBA member.

Jan. 29, 2003, 12:57 p.m.

Originally posted by TylerDurden
But what if you bought a 50lb sled with '03 Monster T, 3x24" Gazzy's, 67 seat angle and 4" seatpost? How are you going to ride?

You will only get stronger.

Ride More Bitch Less

Jan. 29, 2003, 1:08 p.m.

Originally posted by TylerDurden
67 seat angle

…its Head Angle.

Cypress traffic won't get too much worse. A lot of the Seymour heroes would get eaten alive on that mountain. :D

Jan. 29, 2003, 1:11 p.m.

Originally posted by Mulletron
**…its Head Angle.

Cypress traffic won't get too much worse. A lot of the Seymour heroes would get eaten alive on that mountain. :D **

i am a semour hero:D … seymour is too boring now, i have done it too much…:( .. i think it's about time i try cypress…:rolleyes:
or maybe the shed or woodlot

CHRINN

Jan. 29, 2003, 2:04 p.m.

who is this tyler durden cat???? reveal yourself, I want to know who busted me at Crush. no pm box??

honestly i have long waited for this day. Too many big bikes cutting corners. I don't mind paying, rather than having closures……..buy a peeler you can put a front der. on it, yer gonna need it!!!!

come on out to the Cove XC nightride tonite- call Trevor if yer interested

929- 1966( cove service).

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com