Pay parking on fromme

April 21, 2016, 11:36 a.m.

There are much better options than riding up the road. The climb from Mountain View park is all single track. Takes me less than 15 minutes to the upper gate. Or No Quarter if you want a challenge. There really isn't much of a reason for able bodied cyclists to drive up to the parking lot, unless you are dropping off a kid.

Thanks, I've never climbed up that way.

Are you allowed to park on McNair/Hoskins near Mtn View, or do you park on Coleman and ride the road to Mtn View park then ascend the trails. Will try that next time.

April 21, 2016, 11:49 a.m.

Are you allowed to park on McNair/Hoskins near Mtn View, or do you park on Coleman and ride the road to Mtn View park then ascend the trails. Will try that next time.

You can park on Hoskins below Coleman and ride up to the park that way.

April 21, 2016, 1:24 p.m.

Isn't Lynn headwaters, and cap watershed both Metro Vancouver?
And old buck lot is BC parks?

The local "parks" and outdoor places we use are under a few different jurisdictions and funding sources.

I use the Fromme parking when I take my dog or kids riding.

I support a user pay system for this new lot , not only did I personally see it unnesscesary , we lost bike trails to build it …
Further with the lot having been built by North Van district , that means that my district tax dollars were used .
Not Provincial funds, and so why cant we recoup costs for a lot used by more than just north Van tax payers?

The soccer fields and ball fields use is supported by sports groups and and our local district , and city for our use it is not apples to apples comparison as technically the fields around North Vancouver are closed to use unless you are part of the sanctioned activity that is permitted to use , or as I have done in the past apply to the district for a permit to use as a group .

True, a few different jurisdictions to consider. Hadn't thought of that.

the biggest shame of all this is Knnn's trail getting the chop. trading 15 min of walking or riding up a hill for hundreds of voluteer hours so people can go exercise by hiking or pedaling up a trail is just fucking dumb.

This very much so. NH was a fun trail to hit. Miss it!

April 21, 2016, 4:08 p.m.

I support a user pay system for this new lot , not only did I personally see it unnesscesary , we lost bike trails to build it …
Further with the lot having been built by North Van district , that means that my district tax dollars were used .
Not Provincial funds, and so why cant we recoup costs for a lot used by more than just north Van tax payers?

This is pretty much how I feel about it too. Plenty of other parking options for people who don't want to pay to park.

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

April 22, 2016, 3:18 p.m.

I ride from home but a good place to park is on Coleman near upper Lynn school (or in the school parking lot if it's open). Ride up through the woods in back of the school and you will end up very close to mv park trail head.

April 22, 2016, 3:22 p.m.

I also find it insulting if someone is buying a NSMBA membership, a Trail Pass, attending Fivers, and even volunteering hours to maintain trails, that they have to pay for parking.

Really? How much of your nsmba membership is going towards paying for the construction /monitoring /upkeep of the parking lot? Why should I have to pay for this from my municipal taxes so that you can park for free?

April 22, 2016, 10:08 p.m.

I strongly oppose pay parking for parks of any kind and will certainly be parking where I legally can outside the gates if it come to this. I hate being nickel and dimed to death with user fees of all kinds. As a wage earner and home owner I already pay taxes at every level of government and expect that will include the maintenance of basic park facilities.

When the provincial government introduced parking taxes on provincial parks, I either stopped going or parked outside the gates. Christy Clark had my vote the second she cancelled this ill conceived attempt at adding a new revenue stream (and my vote became more solid when she raised speed limits on highways across the province!)

I just want to drive up, park and go biking. If I have to stand in line for a parking machine and try to guess how long I'll be riding for, I will go elsewhere. The only way this might be remotely saleable to me is if you could get a yearly pass for a reasonable rate ([HTML_REMOVED] $25) and there was some other net benefit such as the parking lot was rarely full or the parking lot was open till 9 pm all year round.

April 22, 2016, 10:40 p.m.

I strongly oppose pay parking for parks of any kind and will certainly be parking where I legally can outside the gates if it come to this. I hate being nickel and dimed to death with user fees of all kinds. As a wage earner and home owner I already pay taxes at every level of government and expect that will include the maintenance of basic park facilities.

When the provincial government introduced parking taxes on provincial parks, I either stopped going or parked outside the gates. Christy Clark had my vote the second she cancelled this ill conceived attempt at adding a new revenue stream (and my vote became more solid when she raised speed limits on highways across the province!)

I just want to drive up, park and go biking. If I have to stand in line for a parking machine and try to guess how long I'll be riding for, I will go elsewhere. The only way this might be remotely saleable to me is if you could get a yearly pass for a reasonable rate ([HTML_REMOVED] $25) and there was some other net benefit such as the parking lot was rarely full or the parking lot was open till 9 pm all year round.

Don't let the door slam on your ass on the way out…we'll miss you (not)

April 23, 2016, 12:29 a.m.

wow

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 23, 2016, 7:57 a.m.

Don't let the door slam on your ass on the way out…we'll miss you (not)

LOL. I promise I'm not leaving, just parking down the road like I did all winter;)

April 23, 2016, 8:32 a.m.

Summed it up nicely, I can't really add anything to this.

April 23, 2016, 8:40 a.m.

Have to pay to play sometimes….I'm ok with pay parking as long as Fromme isn't only place it is being implemented.

According to NS News several parks are having it started in, yearly pass would be $20, seems pretty nominal if one wants to use the lot….

April 23, 2016, 8:56 a.m.

People really vote based on something as trivial as car park fees? No wonder the world is getting more fucked by the day. "Me! Me! Me!"

treezz
wow you are a ass

April 23, 2016, 10:06 a.m.

There are much better options than riding up the road. The climb from Mountain View park is all single track. Takes me less than 15 minutes to the upper gate. Or No Quarter if you want a challenge. There really isn't much of a reason for able bodied cyclists to drive up to the parking lot, unless you are dropping off a kid.

I don't think I have ridden up the road since I found this route.

April 23, 2016, 10:12 a.m.

People really vote based on something as trivial as car park fees? No wonder the world is getting more fucked by the day. "Me! Me! Me!"

Couple of dollars cuts into the beer and latte fund.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells