Pathways is closing its doors...

Dec. 17, 2003, 6:16 p.m.

thats horrible !! …… now that dirty mexi fry is gunna be out of a job and kyle will only work at 2 bike shops :( . Pathways ruled ! its a sad day indeed. goodluck in the future dave !

www.idun.tv
03' marzocchi dirt jumper 2
new steerer, crown, stantions
$300 obo

Dec. 17, 2003, 6:54 p.m.

Originally posted by Ah-Choo
I am saddened to say that Pathways is no longer.

Sorry to hear that Pathways is closing down. I dropped by the store today but was sad and disappointed to see the notice on the door. Dave, you've always been extremely friendly and helpful when I've walked into the store.

Was the venture not economically feasible? Or are you moving onto something else?

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Dec. 17, 2003, 6:59 p.m.

Originally posted by Super8
Your joking….

not at all, I'll almost gaurentee that the new shop is making alot of buisness and in-turn killing other shops. John Henry is next.

*FLY TRINITY! FLY!*

██████ L I V E S T R O N G ██████

SEVEN STRAIGHT SUCKA!

Dec. 17, 2003, 7:27 p.m.

i dont know how BSP survives????

HighlanderRCNCo
forsale
2004 Giant AC1

Dec. 17, 2003, 7:49 p.m.

Originally posted by BuckChoklit
John Henry is next.

you shall be damned to eternal hell for even thinking that. :P

Too bad pathways is gone. You guys are amazing. It's great the effort that was made towards trail maintenance.

ride a horse! 1200 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs…
but riding bikes is still fun!

Dec. 17, 2003, 7:50 p.m.

not at all, I'll almost gaurentee that the new shop is making alot of buisness and in-turn killing other shops. John Henry is next.

your dreaming man, Pathways and the COVE were never after the same markets- period.

another thing my friend is that part of the problem that alot of shops go under these days, is that there are too many stores, and not enough customers to go around. Especially after a year where we lost huge amounts of snow shops, for lack of snow- and now peeps aren't really thinking biking. I myslelf have done more snowboarding in the last week than biking.

Do we really need 10 bike shops in NV??? maybe there aren't 10 but there are a bunch, and more than twice as many as motorcycle dealers.

Think about it. Dollar wise, even though we aren't in a motorcycle hotbed, half the # of MC stores pull in at least 5 times the revenue of all the NV bike stores put together.

We all know that the MTB industry isn't the richest, but when you start contrasting it to other similar industries it's not hard to tell why……….

all the yoyos pullin the bro deals aren't helping either. A very expensive sport where peeps don't feel it should cost them any money is a huge factor.

do you know how many "bros" I had when I worked at the COVE……..now where are they…..???? probably smack talkin me or someone at JH or Steed cuz we didn't care that they backflipped the digger rock naked.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Dec. 17, 2003, 7:59 p.m.

:lol:

well put cory. Its true there are to many shops out there. As long as i can get things fairly cheap i am happy:D

Midnight Madness here i come:thepimp:

BATTLECAT

Dec. 17, 2003, 8:19 p.m.

Sad to see yah guys go. I got my current bike from you and and wouldn't be even able to be riding at my current level if it wasn't 4 u guys. Thanks and I hope yor off to bigger and better prodjects.

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

Dec. 17, 2003, 8:38 p.m.

There are still 9!! shops just on the north shore, thats crazy no wonder its almost impossilbe to survive.

Ambleside Cycles
BSP west van
BSp north van
Steed
Ontop
Dizzy
Cove x2
JH

this is just on the north shore!i dont get how they can all survive, cuse , paying employees, rent, tools, computers and shit, and how many people buy 7,000 bikes every week, there is probably just over 10 car dealerships on the north shore. I am not saying i dont like it how it is im just amazed, afterall they are just bikes.

HighlanderRCNCo
forsale
2004 Giant AC1

Dec. 17, 2003, 8:52 p.m.

Dave that really sucks. You have always given me great service and expertice. You will be sadly missed.

Hey, do you want to come and fit some shoes?

Graham

It's all about fun.

My Blog

Dec. 17, 2003, 9:53 p.m.

I would say Steed if they lose Santa Cruz to JH.

_Originally posted by _

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Dec. 17, 2003, 11 p.m.

_Originally posted by _

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

Dec. 17, 2003, 11:51 p.m.

Originally posted by Spaz
**Dave that really sucks. You have always given me great service and expertice. You will be sadly missed.

Graham **

Ditto that.
Sorry to hear it Dave.
You always looked after me.
Best of luck.
Call me if I can be of any help…..or a ride?

Mike

burp

Dec. 18, 2003, 2:42 a.m.

_Originally posted by _

Dec. 18, 2003, 8:26 a.m.

You 'guarantee' it huh?