Passing along some karma....

Nov. 12, 2013, 12:02 p.m.

Thought I'd post up a big "THANKS!" :clap: to the riders who stopped and checked on my well-being after I ate dirt off the big wood berm on bobsled yesterday (was a bit damp and I took it WAYYYYY too quick). Definitely had my bell rung:dizzy:…(along with an assortment of minor injuries)

It probably seems like common sense to most people to stop and check on peeps when they're down on a trail and having been the guy who was just down, I do very much appreciate the time and concern shown by those who stopped.

There's been a number of threads about people being douchebags and entitled pricks so I felt the need to post up about people being AWESOME!

….now where is my bottle of Aleve????

Nov. 12, 2013, 12:20 p.m.

Not great to hear about the smash, but good to hear that help was at hand.

I've had nothing but great experiences with helpful riders on Fromme, from tube donations, to handy directions, to new riding buddies, to bike setup and riding advice (watch out for the wet wood!), to stopping to help the trail fairies to pay it back, I think it's overall a good bunch of people out there all paying into the bank of karma.

You'd have to be a real douchebag to ride past a fallen rider without stopping and offering to help.

(See: Whistler.)

Nov. 12, 2013, 5:54 p.m.

I stopped to pump up my rear tire whilst in Squamish on Monday. 3 consecutive people passed me and asked if I was alright and/or needed anything. Mountain bikers rule.

Nov. 12, 2013, 8:25 p.m.

I snapped my chain shifting like a hack in Squamish a couple days ago and realized I had my crappy Multi tool in my pack, sans chain tool. A nice couple stopped and helped me out. The fact that I was in the way might have contributed to them stopping…

Nov. 14, 2013, 9:08 p.m.

You'd have to be a real douchebag to ride past a fallen rider without stopping and offering to help.

I bailed on some wet leaves on my ride into work about 2 weeks back. Right on the bike lane getting on the viaduct near Main. Washed out right in the middle of the bike lane, lay there for a second, and then limped over to the side in case anyone was coming.

A few seconds later, I think 4-5 riders went right by me as I sat there hunched over my bars, assessing if anything was broken and trying to recover what was left of my dignity.

Coming from the mtn biker/trail karma side of things, I was a kinda surprised (and even a bit miffed) that no one even said a word to me. They were all waiting at the light facing my direction when I bailed…

I guess bike commuters aren't necessarily the same karma pedigree as mountain bikers.