Parking on Mt. Hwy

Feb. 17, 2003, 2:15 p.m.

Originally posted by Derek Diggler
I believe that is where fitness comes in…

Fitness??? What does that have to do with riding bikes?

Sheesh!!!

Originally posted by switch
"nobody will never need more then 4 inches of travel"

Feb. 17, 2003, 2:19 p.m.

Originally posted by brock
**Fitness??? What does that have to do with riding bikes?

Sheesh!!! **

Touche.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Feb. 17, 2003, 3:04 p.m.

Silly question: how hard is it to become a member of the nudist colony and get a key to the gate? Perhaps I ought to rephrase… Does one have to be appointed? No, again: does somebody have to nominate you?

www.joemamma.ca
www.intensecycles.com

Feb. 17, 2003, 5:03 p.m.

The nudist club is a good idea, but it is only one key for you and your significant other if she/he joins too. As for Derek Diggler Revelstoke huh, pick up trucks and logging roads, you probably ride up frequently. The issue is people who are not interested in our sort conglomerating around their houses and decreasing property value, taking up their parking spots, and making it generally more difficult to live where they do.

To that I say it's unfortunate but you chose to live where you did probably thinking originally that it's great being so close to the forest, not thinking that all the other user will want to be close too when they park their cars.

As for the littering issue it seems that no matter what resolution we all make, litter will accumulate. The people on this board are concerned members of the biking community, not the people we are generally complaining about.

I don't know the solution to the problem but their needs to be a compromise between the residents and the park users otherwise it will just get pushed down to the next block as they seem wont to do.

The only thing I'm sure of is the fact that I don't want to end up being a paying user of our backyard natural resources. Of the options available I like the drop off turn around idea, but someone has to park the car somewhere, so where do the vehicles end up? Not all of us are being shuttled by a loved one who doesn't ride.

Feb. 17, 2003, 6:10 p.m.

Originally posted by banjopete
**The nudist club is a good idea, but it is only one key for you and your significant other if she/he joins too. As for Derek Diggler Revelstoke huh, pick up trucks and logging roads, you probably ride up frequently. The issue is people who are not interested in our sort conglomerating around their houses and decreasing property value, taking up their parking spots, and making it generally more difficult to live where they do.

I lived in North/West Van for 5 years, just moved to Revelstoke. I think I can still count on one hand the amount of times I have shuttled. When the snow melts, I will ride up frequently….

Oh, and I do have a key for the yellow gate :)

I like Huckalot's idea of a bike r specific parking lot a bit up the road, but i doubt that will ever happen.
As far as the parking spots go, the problem would still be solved by riding up.
I have to say though, one of my favorite memories of Fromme was catching up with a few guys on Ladies (back in the XC days) and riding with them, stopping at their car and swilling a beer. One guy was on a rigid Fat City and wearing gardening gloves.
Another good one was riding up, seeing Preston pushing his Super 9 up Mtn. Highway and me giving him shit for not riding ;)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Feb. 17, 2003, 8:13 p.m.

In all honesty what is shuttling considered anyway on Fromme? Really get a lift to the gate fine, and it's 30 minutes up no matter how you slice it. I'm telling you Diggler, I'm heading in your direction soon what with all the parking permits, user fees etc. coming my way.

Feb. 18, 2003, 3:27 p.m.

Diggler: you should be able to get a pretty penny for that key. Then you can afford to move back to civilisation. Do they have electricity in Revelbush yet?

www.joemamma.ca
www.intensecycles.com

Feb. 18, 2003, 4:37 p.m.

Originally posted by Incorrigible
Diggler: you should be able to get a pretty penny for that key. Then you can afford to move back to civilisation. Do they have electricity in Revelbush yet?

How would I be able to be online without electricity? ;)
I don't want the key falling into the wrong hands, and a select few were given a copy when I originally heisted it.
And 'twas my choice to move out of the city :)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Feb. 18, 2003, 6:35 p.m.

I thought you may have some Honda generator sitting beside you the whole time, and the fumes would explain a few things.

And as far as moving out of Van, it was my choice to leave too, but the wrong one for me - not professionally, or real estate-wise, just lifestyle-wise. This cold weather and snow thing is totally out of hand here.

www.joemamma.ca
www.intensecycles.com

Feb. 19, 2003, 9:22 p.m.

Originally posted by Mmmm Dirt
Provide parking lower down mtn. hwy. and maybe some smart entrepreneur will start a quick shuttle service either to the gate or right up the mtn. They could sell books of tickets at local shops like bus passes and then this would prevent the hassle of getting cash and giving change to every biker with a $20:???:

NO FRICKIN SHUTTLING ON FROMME!!!

If you want to shuttle, go to Cypress or Seymour. Leave one hill to quiet solitude of the climbing set.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 19, 2003, 10:56 p.m.

Originally posted by Incorrigible
**I thought you may have some Honda generator sitting beside you the whole time, and the fumes would explain a few things.

And as far as moving out of Van, it was my choice to leave too, but the wrong one for me - not professionally, or real estate-wise, just lifestyle-wise. This cold weather and snow thing is totally out of hand here. **

I'm quite happy here, old people say hi, snowy and quite and such. I was raised in small towns, too.
My reasons to move here were proffessional, lifestyle and I just needed a change.

AND NO SHUTTLING ON FROMME!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Feb. 20, 2003, 4:12 a.m.

Originally posted by Derek Diggler
I don't want the key falling into the wrong hands, and a select few were given a copy when I originally heisted it.
And 'twas my choice to move out of the city :)

I heard the locks being changed to a keycard.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 20, 2003, 4:15 a.m.

Originally posted by KenN
**NO FRICKIN SHUTTLING ON FROMME!!!

If you want to shuttle, go to Cypress or Seymour. Leave one hill to quiet solitude of the climbing set.

Kn. **

If you want to shuttle, why not just take the tram up Grouse, then ride down the fire road. There's plenty of parking at the base of the tram.

I'd love to see parking around the water towers. It wouldn't take much effort on the DNV to implement this. Look what has happened at the Seymour demonstration forest. They built a new parking lot, tore up the old, and put in a 11K paved road with pit stops along the way. I would think a simple parking lot would be pretty simple compared to that.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 20, 2003, 2:19 p.m.

Originally posted by FullMonty
I don't know if it would become too bad. As long as the current gate remained, and was closed from dusk to dawn, plus the upper gate suggested in option 2, it would be pretty good. They're probably already paying some DNV worker to go around opening up park parking lots, so adding one more would cost peanuts.

Except us night riders would be SOL.

Feb. 20, 2003, 2:29 p.m.

Originally posted by KenN
NO FRICKIN SHUTTLING ON FROMME!!!
Kn.

I agree, and I'm a lousy climber.

Just imagine the riders you will see if Grouse mountains "Guided Downhill Tour" takes off!

"Guided Downhill Tour $75
Experience the thrills of the North Shore's fabled terrain on a 2.5 to 3-hour guided downhill descent. Enjoy picturesque views of the city, ocean, lush forests and Mount Baker. Tours leave daily at 1pm and 4pm. Price includes bike rental, helmet, padding and Grouse Mountain Admission."

http://www.grousemtn.com/adv_moubikadv.cfm