Parkgate Bro-fest coming to an end

June 2, 2021, 5:46 p.m.

Posted by: SixZeroSixOne

Will people stop publicising Parkgate Park!!!! I won't be able to find my usual parking place there once all the rabble descend on it...πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Cat's outta the bag on that one - it's been mentioned in a few different FB mtb groups already.

June 2, 2021, 7:59 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Will people stop publicising Parkgate Park!!!! I won't be able to find my usual parking place there once all the rabble descend on it...πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Cat's outta the bag on that one - it's been mentioned in a few different FB mtb groups already.

It's not like it was some secret location. Fivers have been staged there, NSRide meets there for Seymour rides.

June 3, 2021, 8:06 a.m.

Posted by: earleb

Yes McCartney Creek.Β 

Parkgate PARK not Mall, it's like 30 seconds away.

https://goo.gl/maps/hsK6txUGzKMneLur8

Haha right you are. My bad.

June 3, 2021, 9:30 a.m.

pffft 200+ people at each of the four Fivers per season we had there...so lots of exposure already. Just seems maybe some of them just aren't bright enough to remember so I don't think you need to worry.

June 3, 2021, 9:45 a.m.

I noticed the other day that there's a few areas and spaces at BC Parks yards at 1610 Mt Seymour road. The sign at the entrance has gate opening times along with other signs that make it seem like a public use area and nothing to say no cars or no parking I could see. What's the deal there?

Last edited by: bingobus on June 3, 2021, 9:54 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
June 3, 2021, 11:26 a.m.

pffft 200+ people at each of the four Fivers per season we had there...so lots of exposure already. Just seems maybe some of them just aren't bright enough to remember so I don't think you need to worry.

Oh how I miss the fivers...

June 3, 2021, 11:39 a.m.

Posted by: T-mack

Oh how I miss the fivers...

trails are so busy currently, i'm not sure open course racing would even be viable.

Last edited by: xy9ine on June 3, 2021, 11:40 a.m., edited 3 times in total.
June 3, 2021, 12:38 p.m.

Posted by: bingobus

I noticed the other day that there's a few areas and spaces at BC Parks yards at 1610 Mt Seymour road. The sign at the entrance has gate opening times along with other signs that make it seem like a public use area and nothing to say no cars or no parking I could see. What's the deal there?

There is parking there for the BC Parks and MOE offices, but the many times I've passed through there are always empty spots.Β  I don't recall seeing any signs saying if they are, or aren't, for public use when the gate is open.Β  I'll take a closer look the next time I'm in there.

June 3, 2021, 2:08 p.m.

Looking at google maps there appears to be around 15 spaces along the south side road without even parking near any of the buildings which all have their own dedicated parking. It must be prohibited surely or someone would have noticed before now.

June 3, 2021, 7 p.m.

So I checked out the lot, pretty sure you'd be fine to park there but it's only open at times Old Buck wouldn't be busy. Mon-Fri 8-4

June 3, 2021, 10:50 p.m.

yeah, that BC Parks lot has an automated gate which does not open automatically to exiting traffic.Β  Park at your own risk, I think it's open M-F 8-4, good luck.

unless you know the code...Β  ;)

Which I don'tΒ  :(

June 7, 2021, 5:12 p.m.

Is one even allowed to bro down without being clad in the their token outfit?

June 7, 2021, 6:23 p.m.

as long as you're wearing at least 1 item of NF you're good to go.

(i say this as a non-bro fan of nf gear).

Last edited by: xy9ine on June 7, 2021, 6:24 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 7, 2021, 7:24 p.m.

Posted by: xy9ine

as long as you're wearing at least 1 item of NF you're good to go.

(i say this as a non-bro fan of nf gear).

LOL!Β  I didn't want to name names but I knew real ones would get the reference.Β Β 

Wish I had copped their gear earlier. I slept on the first round or two. Trash talked the lack of adjustable waistband. Bought the DP3 pants in all black and a few hemp tees and need m0ar now! Replacing NorrΓΈna as my go to dirt cycling apparel.Β  I honestly hope they don't change: Keep production local, minimal stock on hnad

June 24, 2021, 12:58 p.m.

I was going to host a Fiver out of Martney Creek Park to help expand the awareness for this spot and it's access to Seymour but well Covid.

While taking my daughter to a softball game at McCartney last night, we passed a guy on Northlands riding a cruiser bike and pulling a trailer with his MTB mounted on the back. He left the cruiser and trailer at the corner, jumped on his MTB and headed out for a ride.

That's serious commitment to pedalling to the trailhead.

Last edited by: PaulB on June 24, 2021, 12:59 p.m., edited 2 times in total.