Pangor Woodwork

Sept. 18, 2015, 7:09 p.m.

Give it ten years of rot, slime, moss and people falling off it. It'll be sketchy again soon enough.

Sept. 18, 2015, 9:09 p.m.

There was wood. A super difficult skinny to get onto and followed by another that led you slightly right after.

Now looks pretty easy.

I'm a fan of all this new woodwork but some of the difficultly is being tamed down iMO.

Oh that! I was unsure where it was till you mentioned it. I loved that oh well the new stuff looks great too mgs.

Sept. 18, 2015, 10:43 p.m.

I would second this but I am now 43 with a major knee reconstruction. You can have fun but the days of the 6 inch skinny 15 feet in the air are over. You need to prevent lateral falls since this is where your major ACL injuries come from. I am all for challenge but at the expense of body injury that will haunt you for life? Note to this: After my scope I was told I had 20 years left until a knee replacement, and that was 10 years ago. I lift weights, and due to this fact I cannot lift hard on my knees. Is it really worth it to go skinny? Greater risk at greater cost? IMO no. If you want skinnies like the old days ride highway dividers. They are everywhere, low to the ground, and never wear out. Unlike my knee. I sure wish this knowledge was around in the old days…..

Yeah I get you. I'm 44 and have crappy ankles but said skinny wasn't 15 foot in the air.

Hopefully its not as easy as it looks on msmba instgram video, it would be a shame that all the really tech stuff was left on cypress.

Long live cypress!

Sept. 19, 2015, 12:34 p.m.

I am really enjoying the revamped woodwork on pangor. It is a bit easier but sure is fun. I bet that that new line down the rock is not as easy as the vid looks but sure looks more attainable than the old one. The gapped woodwork to the rock roll is just as hard as it was but no longer off camber! The elevated skinnies are a blast, just a bit less skinny which means faster which means fun. If this stuff is too easy go ride the new stuff on upper oil can. Yowza!

Sept. 19, 2015, 2:20 p.m.

I would second this but I am now 43 with a major knee reconstruction. You can have fun but the days of the 6 inch skinny 15 feet in the air are over. You need to prevent lateral falls since this is where your major ACL injuries come from. I am all for challenge but at the expense of body injury that will haunt you for life? Note to this: After my scope I was told I had 20 years left until a knee replacement, and that was 10 years ago. I lift weights, and due to this fact I cannot lift hard on my knees. Is it really worth it to go skinny? Greater risk at greater cost? IMO no. If you want skinnies like the old days ride highway dividers. They are everywhere, low to the ground, and never wear out. Unlike my knee. I sure wish this knowledge was around in the old days…..

A nice high 6 inch skinny is still a fun thing to build and ride. As long as you have it as a side line to the easier main line.

Sept. 20, 2015, 10:37 p.m.

Keep those legs strong and you could be surprised at the mileage you'll get out of them. Put off the knee replacement as long as you can.

I've managed well over 20 years without ACL's in either knee. Muscle is the only thing holding them together. The RT knee has some arthritis due to only having half the cartilage, but the orthopaedic surgeon said that's a joint that tolerates it well.

Sept. 21, 2015, 9:06 a.m.

Maybe consider giving this routine a try sometime when you are in the gym. I've had 2 ACL reconstructions already. the second one was only a year ago, I'm still recovering since the second time is a lot harder to recover from. Anyway, this routine has helped me out plenty in the past two years of injury, surgery, and recovery.

Mic. I'm a knee injury lifer, so I know how you feel. Two ACL surgeries, with torn medial and lateral meniscus. Needless to say, I do a lot to take care of my knees these days, but I'm still out there riding, running, active, etc.

Low-impact knee exercises:
- Poliquin step up. be sure to keep your knee in line with your second toe. controlled down and up. Don't let it wiggle side to side. I have found that this is the foundation of recovering from knee injuries. This exercise engages the VMO over your outside quad muscles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZzevnhTE34
- Glute-ham raises. Keep those hamstrings strong. Hamstrings help you control your knee at extension, the position it is in when you most often get knee injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f96dmIz8zo
- one and quarter squats with very light weight. e.g. start at 40 lbs and move up from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5QcppALMOg
- single leg hamstring curl on swiss ball. key is to keep those hips off the ground.

- lunges, bulgarian split squats using only body weight. move up to 30 lbs when you are stronger. remember to keep your knees in line with your second toe and ankle.

- prone hamstring curl

- side shuffle with band around ankles.

- single leg squat with swiss ball on back for support. keep that knee in line with your second toe, don't let it go jiggly side to side.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions. This is just one of the many routines I do at the gym for my knees. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer whatever I may have learned through the years. Another important thing that I have learned is that the strength and stability of your knee is dependent on the strength and stability of your core. no core no knee. Alternatively, you can always listen to Rod …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InMJopurNTE

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

Sept. 21, 2015, 2:22 p.m.

A nice high 6 inch skinny is still a fun thing to build and ride. As long as you have it as a side line to the easier main line.

Giggity!