Pangor Woodwork

Sept. 16, 2015, 11:21 a.m.

Nice work! There was a lot more since I rode it a few weeks ago. Probably my favorite trail right now.

The gap in the wood as you approach the rock face seems bigger, and definitely threw me last night. A few more practices and I'll have it mastered again :)

Sept. 16, 2015, 7:46 p.m.

It is running pretty awesome right now.

Sept. 16, 2015, 8:03 p.m.

I thought the woodwork approaching the rock face was all redone recently? Last time I rode it, the gap seemed the same as always.

Thread killer

Sept. 16, 2015, 8:44 p.m.

Some of the wood leading to the rock was replaced in the spring. Sounds like the guys are getting the rest of it now.

I think Pat posted a pic today of some new wood after the climb.

Sept. 17, 2015, 5:54 a.m.

Don't think he changed the gap just new wood no?

Sept. 17, 2015, 9:56 a.m.

Yup, the gap was changed from rotting and leaning to solid and supported. Sorry, the original design specs weren't available to get it exactly the same. ;)

Check out the newly refreshed line Pat, Sean and Mark put in yesterday!

https://www.facebook.com/nsmba?fref=nf

Sept. 17, 2015, 10:07 a.m.

Yup, the gap was changed from rotting and leaning to solid and supported. Sorry, the original design specs weren't available to get it exactly the same. ;)

Haha! The new line after the climb looks great!

Sept. 17, 2015, 10:18 a.m.

looks cool, but didn't that section used to not have any woodwork at all and you had to ride the whole rock section or ride around it?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 17, 2015, 11:11 a.m.

Nope, there was always wood there, just hidden in the moss and slime and dirt thats piled up. Now the wood is elevated a bit to reduce rot.

Sept. 17, 2015, 12:36 p.m.

Its so great to see the NSMBA re-building some of the woodwork. Very nice job and so exciting to add that element back to the trails. I should leave work right now. What the hell am I still doing here?

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

Sept. 17, 2015, 2:05 p.m.

Nope, there was always wood there, just hidden in the moss and slime and dirt thats piled up. Now the wood is elevated a bit to reduce rot.

ahhh, i rembered it with next to no wood at all.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 17, 2015, 3:22 p.m.

Looks like your fork needs some air [HTML_REMOVED].[HTML_REMOVED]

Sept. 17, 2015, 4:26 p.m.

looks cool, but didn't that section used to not have any woodwork at all and you had to ride the whole rock section or ride around it?

Yup, there wasn't any woodwork there; just rock.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 18, 2015, 5:35 p.m.

There was wood. A super difficult skinny to get onto and followed by another that led you slightly right after.

Now looks pretty easy.

I'm a fan of all this new woodwork but some of the difficultly is being tamed down iMO.

Sept. 18, 2015, 5:53 p.m.

There was wood. A super difficult skinny to get onto and followed by another that led you slightly right after.

Now looks pretty easy.

I'm a fan of all this new woodwork but some of the difficultly is being tamed down iMO.

I would second this but I am now 43 with a major knee reconstruction. You can have fun but the days of the 6 inch skinny 15 feet in the air are over. You need to prevent lateral falls since this is where your major ACL injuries come from. I am all for challenge but at the expense of body injury that will haunt you for life? Note to this: After my scope I was told I had 20 years left until a knee replacement, and that was 10 years ago. I lift weights, and due to this fact I cannot lift hard on my knees. Is it really worth it to go skinny? Greater risk at greater cost? IMO no. If you want skinnies like the old days ride highway dividers. They are everywhere, low to the ground, and never wear out. Unlike my knee. I sure wish this knowledge was around in the old days…..