On Top TRAILDAY!!! September 7th

Sept. 8, 2008, 7:49 a.m.

The new line is amazing, its great to see how much work can get done in just one day. I saw alot of people sweating hard and giving everything they had to the trail and it shows.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

Sept. 8, 2008, 8:11 a.m.

Freiburg. No bike unfortunately. At this point I would love to have even a city bike to ride around. They do have some decent DH riding here apparently too, and a place that rents various norco dh/freeride bikes. I may check that out after I get back from a side trip down to the alps next week.

Freiburg is kinda like rockcity. :) A guy who was running (is still running? Dunno) a brand called "Hot Chili" was based out of Freiburg - and it has a pretty old DH history, since the Black Forest is more or less around the corner, as are the Alps (Switzerland and the Western part of Austria).

Definitely try to get a bike (in the Alps!!!!) and take some sampling and then do some riding in the greater Freiburg Area. Nothing compared to Vancity, but still - better than where I live.

Post up some pics!

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 8, 2008, 11:10 a.m.

god damn those bees. my hand is so huge tonight

Hey Mr. T, good to spend the day with you, Simon had a blast and wants to get out again but I am away the next 2 weekends so maybe later?

I hope the stings are not bugging you too much.

Click Me

Sept. 9, 2008, 10:13 p.m.

Freiburg is kinda like rockcity. :) A guy who was running (is still running? Dunno) a brand called "Hot Chili" was based out of Freiburg - and it has a pretty old DH history, since the Black Forest is more or less around the corner, as are the Alps (Switzerland and the Western part of Austria).

Definitely try to get a bike (in the Alps!!!!) and take some sampling and then do some riding in the greater Freiburg Area. Nothing compared to Vancity, but still - better than where I live.

Post up some pics!

there is also a bike park close to Freiburg, have never been there so. as far as I remember it was one of the first bike parks in Germany, perhaps even the first one about 10 to 12 years ago.

Todtnau bike park:

http://www.mtb-fun-park.de/

you can find some amazing xc riding close to freiburg in krichzarten (only 10 km away). there were the world champion chips in 1995.

:germany: http://oppelshausen.de

Sept. 10, 2008, 8:53 a.m.

Just a heads up to all of you. The next Trailday is coming up on the 28th of September. This time we're heading back to Seymour to work on Pingu, the lunch will be provided by NS Ride :)

Sept. 10, 2008, 10:31 p.m.

Good work boys, rode it today and the new line is super flowy and fun

fuck lmm

I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/

Sept. 12, 2008, 8:18 a.m.

I'm going to be up finishing the log ride. I could use some help if someone is available. 5:30 start meet at the bottom of the trail.

Sept. 12, 2008, 4:38 p.m.

i'm not free tonight but i think i will be out there sunday redoing the beginning part of the berm - if there's anything you need to get done that i don't know about i could probably finish it off then

Sept. 13, 2008, 8:40 a.m.

Bigg….would it be possible to see some pics? Am always lusting for mo' trailwork ideas…:drool:

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 15, 2008, 8:42 a.m.

Bigg….would it be possible to see some pics? Am always lusting for mo' trailwork ideas…:drool:

JLS was up there with her camera. A report should be coming sometime soon.

Sept. 15, 2008, 12:56 p.m.

Heading up to finish the log ride. I could use some help if anyone is free. Meet at 5:30 at the bottom of the trail.

Sept. 15, 2008, 4:53 p.m.

Just a heads up to all of you. The next Trailday is coming up on the 28th of September. This time we're heading back to Seymour to work on Pingu, the lunch will be provided by NS Ride :)

:woot:

poster?

Sept. 15, 2008, 8:50 p.m.

Good news and bad news. The bad news: Someone opened the old line again. I had to spend a good 1/2 hour blocking it again. The good news: the new log ride is good to go.

Sept. 15, 2008, 9:07 p.m.

such a good new line, i will have pics soon when my friend gets around to uploading them

fuck lmm

I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/