On Top TRAILDAY!!! September 7th

Sept. 4, 2008, 9:47 a.m.

Do I need any NSMBA approval or can I just head in there when I have time and have at her?

I can't quote this as gospel, but if you are just blocking braids and draining puddles, I don't think you really need a permit, I do that kind of stuff almost every ride. I think you are safe so long as you aren't constructing anything.

Sept. 4, 2008, 5:04 p.m.

We welcome anyone blocking braids off and draining puddles. Just be sure that you're confident as to what the braid is, and where the original line is. The bigger blockers (i.e. big logs and boulders) are most effective. Don't bother tossing small sticks into a braid.

Contact me if you'd like to get serious and need tools. We'll ask for at least several trail days under your belt as qualifications.

As we get closer to winter season, the puddles will be starting to show. All it takes is 10 more minutes in your ride to take a branch and dig out a drain. It just makes your next run down the trail that much better.

And I hear of some nasty CBC braids. Anyone up for blocking them soon? Jeremy's been quite busy elsewhere and hasn't been policing CBC as much as in the past.

Sept. 5, 2008, 10:13 a.m.

remember Kings Crawl was originally a climbing route (and still is for many people including Rippers) so please be considerate of UpHillers when blocking off routes

actually if it is the area that I think you are thinking of, the best solution might be armour prior to blocking off the parallel lines, since that rut will only get deeper.

Sept. 6, 2008, 8:57 p.m.

Glad to see the weather will be fine for you all. Hope you have a great day.

Sorry I wont be there, work is getting in the way. :(

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Sept. 7, 2008, 9:37 a.m.

Sorry I won't be there, I am in Germany all September. 2008 is shaping up to be my worst trail day performance since I moved to BC

Sept. 7, 2008, 11:30 a.m.

Sorry I won't be there, I am in Germany all September. 2008 is shaping up to be my worst trail day performance since I moved to BC

Where? With bike?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 7, 2008, 5:14 p.m.

Great day everyone. My first day and I came out with a free map and stem so I was very happy. Well done all the girls who were digging dirt at the start. I started later of and have a bit of a blister on my right thump (I'm not the best at manual labor :P). The trail looks great and I can't wait to go and ride it.

Also a big thanks to Dan for all the burgers, and Karen (If I remember correctly) for all the baked goods.

:england:

Sept. 7, 2008, 5:29 p.m.

Yeah it was a lot of fun, I brought Simon out and he scored bigtime with the prizes.

Dan,Wade and Karen did a great job with the treats and we even got Dan and Wade to do some rock work for us.

On Top always throws a great BBQ and this time was no exception.

Thanks Dan!

See you all again next time……..

Click Me

Sept. 7, 2008, 5:32 p.m.

Lyra seemed to have a great time hiking up and down the trail with me, even if she did sleep nearly the entire time…

I'll work on sorting [HTML_REMOVED] editing the photos and post them when I can. It was nice to be out on the mountain.

Sept. 7, 2008, 6:08 p.m.

good work everyone!

just a note, before the flowy berm, the roll over/hip is NOT COMPLETE, which is why we put rocks and shit on top of it. take the line to the right which spits you out onto the berm. also watch for the corner coming into the berm and the last corner before the exit as both are very tight.

Sept. 7, 2008, 7:04 p.m.

Glad to see the weather will be fine for you all. Hope you have a great day.

Sorry I wont be there, work is getting in the way. :(

Does this mean I can guilt you into helping me finish a log ride on Wednesday evening?

Sept. 7, 2008, 9 p.m.

Sorry, wont be back into town until very late Wed or Thur, I'm in the middle of nowhere at the moment, no telephones but we have sat internet somehow!

PS what log ride (PM?)

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Sept. 7, 2008, 9:35 p.m.

^^^ So what your trying to say is that Rob should wait to Friday?

:england:

Sept. 7, 2008, 11:21 p.m.

god damn those bees. my hand is so huge tonight

Sept. 8, 2008, 5:52 a.m.

Where? With bike?

Freiburg. No bike unfortunately. At this point I would love to have even a city bike to ride around. They do have some decent DH riding here apparently too, and a place that rents various norco dh/freeride bikes. I may check that out after I get back from a side trip down to the alps next week.