Old-school trails & NSMBA Strategic Plan

Jan. 24, 2021, 11:50 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Posted by: bmv88

Is Lower Executioner the part below Dreamweaver or the part below where Ramble On starts?

I would say below Dreamweaver .

It does seem there's some confusion about what exactly Lower Executioner is. It's the trail almost exactly opposite where Executioner exits on to Dreamweaver. It's almost a five way intersection there: Executioner exit, Lower executioner entrance, Dreamweaver up and down, and climb trail merge.

I'm not trying to correct Brocklanders, just trying to clarify "below".

Last edited by: bingobus on Jan. 24, 2021, 11:53 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 24, 2021, 7:28 p.m.

Posted by: bingobus

It does seem there's some confusion about what exactly Lower Executioner is. It's the trail almost exactly opposite where Executioner exits on to Dreamweaver. It's almost a five way intersection there: Executioner exit, Lower executioner entrance, Dreamweaver up and down, and climb trail merge.

As an infrequent Fromme visitor, whether riding or running, heading east or west, about 50% of the time I end up on a trail other than the one I want when I pass through that intersection.

Feb. 8, 2021, 8:52 a.m.

I always wondered where some of the Executioner features went, I stopped riding it for a few years and when I went back it seemed different. Guess that's been explained.

I rode Upper Crippler for the first time in maybe a decade last summer. Some of the old relics gave me flashbacks, as if I came upon something from a half remembered dream. On seeing some of them again it really made me wonder WTF we were thinking back then?

Feb. 10, 2021, 10:32 a.m.

The new woodwork at the bottom of lower-lower-lower crippler is looking fantastic

Feb. 11, 2021, 11:03 a.m.

Posted by: DanL

The new woodwork at the bottom of lower-lower-lower crippler is looking fantastic

1!

April 29, 2021, 8:57 a.m.

Its finished now and it sweet! slow, janky and the ride around fits in with the rest of the trail, with this, the new(ish) work on upper-lower crippler and the new log ride on Severed-D things are really looking up IMO. I was able to have a conversation with one of the NSMBA higherups this weekend and apparently they are moving forward with a planned, brand new new double black on Fromme (very tentatively going to say it might be a pink starfish replacement given the context of when it was brought up), with work starting sometime this year.

April 29, 2021, 12:07 p.m.

Very cool!

May 4, 2021, 11:23 a.m.

This is great news! I was surprised we even got Deer John, a rock roll and a small drop! My goodness!

May 4, 2021, 12:15 p.m.

Posted by: ben.rogers

brand new new double black on Fromme (very tentatively going to say it might be a pink starfish replacement given the context of when it was brought up), with work starting sometime this year.

To give you some context, conversation for this trail started when I was on the board in 2015, I'm happy that it's edging forward.

Last edited by: rnayel on May 4, 2021, 12:15 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 4, 2021, 9:33 p.m.

This is great news! I was surprised we even got Deer John, a rock roll and a small drop! My goodness!

Deer John is a different land manager (Recreation Sites & Trails BC), so some things are a bit easier in that zone of Seymour.