Old School Shore

Jan. 9, 2016, 7:29 p.m.

I used to ride the long Jerry Rig banana log, now if it isn't 10" across no go. I've still got a big box of busted up rear mechs from the old skinny days.

Jan. 9, 2016, 10:11 p.m.

Looks like only 46 people miss it enough to put their money where their mouth is.

https://chimp.net/campaigns/nsmba-heritage-fund

Maybe like me they don't trust that these funds will be used as stated and that's why the slow response.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Jan. 10, 2016, 8:09 a.m.

I used to ride the long Jerry Rig banana log, now if it isn't 10" across no go. I've still got a big box of busted up rear mechs from the old skinny days.

Glad to hear 10" is a magic number.

We are currently working on something that we hope riders will love once complete. When finished should be around 80-100' in length ranging from 4-8' up and 13" across with a very happy ending.

Not crazy old school shore but a mix of new and old world perhaps.

A sneak peak of things in progress.

Jan. 10, 2016, 11:23 a.m.

Maybe like me they don't trust that these funds will be used as stated and that's why the slow response.

It's a shame that people have that attitude. I donated and I don't give a monkey's toss about skinnies or dorps. People seem happy to drop $8000 on the latest plastic bike but the price of a sixer is too much to put into the trails that we ride.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 10, 2016, 2:55 p.m.

..with a very happy ending.
Not crazy old school shore but a mix of new and old world perhaps.

A sneak peak of things in progress.

Does it end at a dodgy massage parlour?

Jan. 10, 2016, 4:16 p.m.

Does it end at a dodgy massage parlour?

5 stars and a 1-UP

Jan. 10, 2016, 4:19 p.m.

+3 people since I posted. :clap:

I'm surprised the evidence doesn't wipe that excuse out. Here's some photos of the past years work.

http://nsmba.ca/content/2015-08_north-shore-heritage-collection

Nice work Silk! That looks like something Dangerous Dan would have built (until you get a tape measure out of course).

Jan. 10, 2016, 4:34 p.m.

+3 people since I posted. :clap:

I'm surprised the evidence doesn't wipe that excuse out. Here's some photos of the past years work.

http://nsmba.ca/content/2015-08_north-shore-heritage-collection

Nice work Silk! That looks like something Dangerous Dan would have built (until you get a tape measure out of course).

I donated also !I don't think anyone needs to worry about funds being misappropriated we're talking about Digger and Stuff here , these guys are out busting their ass all year round on these trails . Raising some extra money like this to do some cool old school trail revitalization is awesome and I hope more people can kick in a few sheckles before it's done at the end of January !!

Jan. 22, 2016, 4:47 a.m.

Air to flat to whiplash. Golden era of
North shore mountain biking. There was
No shortage of personal progression.

Jan. 25, 2016, 6:17 p.m.

I just have to say If Matt Macduff can raise over 11k for a wooden circle that no one will ever ride I think we can do a little better than 6k for basically a new double black trail on the shore don't you think ?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/773744110/raise-the-loop

No offence to Matt but this is pretty trivial to give money to vrs Rebuilding a local trail that we can all enjoy . We need to spark a little more cash for the Heratage fund and let them build something rad and hard for us to ride !

My 2 cents

Jan. 25, 2016, 6:22 p.m.

Pipeline?

Jan. 25, 2016, 6:46 p.m.

Yeah, rode down it yesterday, looks super nice. Can't wait to try it out.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Jan. 26, 2016, 9:37 a.m.

We had a fairly large setback just after X-mas with all the snow and 4 very large hemlocks decided to test my commitment.

Here was the result.

But good amount of large cedar also came down near by so the trail gods take and the trail gods give eh?