Oh great

Jan. 14, 2016, 2:44 p.m.

Prepare to see more hiking traffic on Fromme trails.

http://www.vancouverisawesome.com/2016/01/14/take-a-hike-mount-fromme-bike-trails-in-north-vancouver/

Jan. 14, 2016, 4:49 p.m.

http://www.vancouverisawesome.com/2016/01/14/take-a-hike-mount-fromme-bike-trails-in-north-vancouver/

Here you go

I like hiking on mtb trails too. Burke is getting super busy with hikers now.
The smart ones stay on the roads so they don't get run over
Take a deep breath, it will be ok.
As long as they are not hanging out at trail intersections gabbing……

Chainsmoker 8)

Jan. 14, 2016, 5:16 p.m.

Advocates for donating to the trail network maintenance. We don't own the mountain. 99% of the hikers I meet hear bikes and step aside with a friendly greeting. :coffee:

Jan. 14, 2016, 5:24 p.m.

Everyone should be enjoying Vancouvers Mtns and trails, just don't have a picnic at intersections…. There's enough fresh air for everyone

Jan. 14, 2016, 6:41 p.m.

pretty sweet plug to buy a trail pass. No problems here, he even mentions that its best saved for rainy days when only the "diehards" are out… He didn't mention blowhards, so I'm still riding in the rain.

Jan. 14, 2016, 6:51 p.m.

We hike loads on Fromme too. Tennis courts / FTK / NQ and down old DW to the bottom of Digger etc is a nice bimble. I find it mildly amusing around the new car park seeing enduro-brahs mixed in with people taking their chihuahua for a walk.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 14, 2016, 9:35 p.m.

Who will get the right of way ?!?!? Only Scoots will know !

Nothing wrong with plugging the trail passes and basically saying don't go there when it's not pissing rain.

Jan. 15, 2016, 5:32 a.m.

For me its nice :)

Jan. 15, 2016, 7:22 a.m.

Its all good.
Two words:
Yoga Pants

If the parking lot is full go park at the school and then ride up the sweet climbing trail thru Mountain View park. A great way to start and finish anyways.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Jan. 15, 2016, 8:41 a.m.

I have encountered many hikers on the trails and am the first person to stop and say hello. What worries me a bit are the ones who don't realize that hiking trails marked as mountain bike primary means being alert to riders, staying visible and being prepared to get out of the way.

On a few occasions I've almost had to ride off the trail to avoid people hiking up Ladies. I've had a few hikers even refuse to get out of the way on Expresso. Yes, these experiences are an exception to the many times I've come across a hiker, but I'm hoping the article doesn't bring more people with little or no trail awareness on to mountain bike primary trails where some sections offer little time to react to unexpected situations.

Jan. 15, 2016, 3:25 p.m.

I have encountered many hikers on the trails and am the first person to stop and say hello. What worries me a bit are the ones who don't realize that hiking trails marked as mountain bike primary means being alert to riders, staying visible and being prepared to get out of the way.

On a few occasions I've almost had to ride off the trail to avoid people hiking up Ladies. I've had a few hikers even refuse to get out of the way on Expresso. Yes, these experiences are an exception to the many times I've come across a hiker, but I'm hoping the article doesn't bring more people with little or no trail awareness on to mountain bike primary trails where some sections offer little time to react to unexpected situations.

Wow!!!For the record I do not hike, I ride mountain bikes but ffs…

Hikers should not have to watch out for people that can't control riding their bike downhill. I'm also glad you almost had to exit the trail because somebody was coming up! The next time you should be more in control of yourself.

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.

Jan. 15, 2016, 4:59 p.m.

Wow!!!For the record I do not hike, I ride mountain bikes but ffs…

Hikers should not have to watch out for people that can't control riding their bike downhill. I'm also glad you almost had to exit the trail because somebody was coming up! The next time you should be more in control of yourself.

If I'm rolling down that big boulder on Espresso and some hiker is standing just out of sight and stalled like a deer in the headlights that is a serious problem for everyone. No matter what signage is put up at the bottom the mountain biker will be seen as reckless in this situation. It's just not possible to be perfectly in control through many parts of these trails.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Jan. 15, 2016, 7:07 p.m.

Everyone should be enjoying Vancouvers Mtns and trails, just don't have a picnic at intersections…. There's enough fresh air for everyone

Last year i was riding on BP coming around a blind corner there was a family with two small kids a dog and a blanket spread out dead center taking up the whole singletrack changing a diaper on a baby.. I barely had time to stop. Infinitely stupid thing to do.
I was speechless..

Jan. 15, 2016, 8:51 p.m.

I'm not sure which trails you ride, but there are a few sections on Ladies where there aren't many optional lines, such as the rock spine just above the Herron pond. I came across two ladies with three off leash dogs as I came across the top of it. I had nowhere to go. Ended up coming off the spine just to the left, narrowly missing a dog.

I was totally out of control.