Official Lowdown for all the SHEDHEADS!!

Jan. 24, 2003, 7:26 p.m.

OK guys and gals, here's the plan:

On Saturday Feb.1st, all the local riders are to meet at the Watershed entrance at 10am (i know that's early for some of you;) ) When i mean 'local', if you live in West Van, you don't need to worry. This meeting is discuss our roles as riders and builders of the Shed. We'll meet for a bit, then we'll go for a quick rip. We just need to get a few things across to everybody on what needs to be done.

Secondy, the following day, Sunday Feb. 2nd. There will be a trail day to fix the trail that goes from the bottom of the Goats to the Beginning of Stairway. As this trail is relevent to bikers, it's also our contribution to fixing a trail that will be used by everyone (Browny points). The plan is to take before and after pics and maybe have a newspaper reporter on hand to try and get publicity. A couple weeks later there is a meeting with City Hall, so we are gonna use those pics and the good publicity to help our case.
What we need are people to come out on the Sunday at 10am to help. The city is gonna provide us with rocks and dirt. Brett (Goats) is gonna provide wheel barrels, shovels and etc. All we need is to bring some gloves, drinking water and a strong back. And most importantly, NO BIKES. We have to take this very seriously or the shed might be bye-bye.

There are a few guys that have been doing alot of hard work to help keep the Shed how it is now and it will take the help and support and cooperation of all the riders to keep the shed the way it is and to help in making it better in the future.

As of now, NOTHING NEW is to be built in the shed. This could seriously jepordize everything so i can't stress this enough.

Any questions, just post back, PM me or email the [email protected]

Thanks, Simon

Jan. 24, 2003, 7:50 p.m.

God damnit! I'm gonna be away that weekend!

I'm there in spirit guys!

This space intentionally left blank.

Jan. 24, 2003, 7:52 p.m.

Sounds great Simon! Count me in on both days! So bring bikes on Saturday , and no bikes for the Sunday trail day. I just hope i won't have to work on Sunday. Even if I do I would be there from like 10 to 1 or something. I think trail days should become a regular thing at the shed. Every couple weeks or something.

Jan. 24, 2003, 8:01 p.m.

This one is important because we have to make a case to the City. I think they might like the whole FREE labour.

Last year the city paid a guy $60,000 salary to look after the watershed, generaly just going in there making sure everything is safe and stuff. They would still pay on top of that, the wages of other workers to come in and do more of the heavy maintainance. What we want is to be that guy, but as a group that will take on the task of maiking sure stunts are solid, fallen debree is out of the way, fallen trees, etc. We wouldn't be taking away HIS job because as of this year he doesn't work for them anymore.

Jan. 24, 2003, 8:01 p.m.

yeah, sorry i could'nt make the meeting tonight simon.i talked to al tonight and he gave me the lowdown.i will be there fosho dood.are you in for a ride this weekend or is anyone else?i think i will go tomarrow morning and for a good rip on sunday.just watching the canucks right now and bloody detroilet just scored again 2-0 second period.

** DIE TRYING* :007:
:canada: :england: :beer: :beer:

Jan. 24, 2003, 8:05 p.m.

Originally posted by Tool
**This one is important because we have to make a case to the City. I think they might like the whole FREE labour.

Last year the city paid a guy $60,000 salary to look after the watershed, generaly just going in there making sure everything is safe and stuff. They would still pay on top of that, the wages of other workers to come in and do more of the heavy maintainance. What we want is to be that guy, but as a group that will take on the task of maiking sure stunts are solid, fallen debree is out of the way, fallen trees, etc. We wouldn't be taking away HIS job because as of this year he doesn't work for them anymore. **

maybe they could give us the $60,000 and we could put it to good use to make the shed the best:thepimp: :cool: :idea: :fro:

** DIE TRYING* :007:
:canada: :england: :beer: :beer:

Jan. 24, 2003, 9:18 p.m.

Originally posted by Tool
**This one is important because we have to make a case to the City. I think they might like the whole FREE labour.

Last year the city paid a guy $60,000 salary to look after the watershed, generaly just going in there making sure everything is safe and stuff. **

Sounds like someone is out of a decent paying job..

I'll be there on Sun, and I'll bring a few guys.

Kids!!….a moment of pleasure..a lifetime of pain.

Jan. 24, 2003, 9:36 p.m.

Originally posted by bruiser d
yeah, sorry i could'nt make the meeting tonight simon.i talked to al tonight and he gave me the lowdown.i will be there fosho dood.are you in for a ride this weekend or is anyone else?i think i will go tomarrow morning and for a good rip on sunday.just watching the canucks right now and bloody detroilet just scored again 2-0 second period.

What time were you thinking off tommorow Dave. I would be up for a ride as long as it's not raining too hard:o

Jan. 24, 2003, 9:41 p.m.

The guy that held the job quit or sumthing (he was a rider too:( )

And i'm gonna be in there at 10.
Go to the shed thread to talk about tommorrw please:D

Jan. 24, 2003, 9:47 p.m.

i will be there, maybe… im feel real bad and sick cause i just had surgery… but i need to get outside, prob won't do much though but just wanna come to get out and bike and enjoy the shed

Jan. 24, 2003, 9:48 p.m.

but dave, i need a DEFINATE time that YOU will be there and EVERYONE else that will show up, if its too early than i may not go cvause i may feel like shit

Jan. 24, 2003, 9:52 p.m.

Ok 10 am which entrance?

And also what time do you guys plan on staying for?

Toyota 4Runner - Caged, Geared, Locked and Eatin Rock!

Jan. 24, 2003, 9:58 p.m.

i rly rly, have no idea if im going or not, it all depends on how sick i feel tmrw, i would rly love to go, but i don't know if my body could handle it, if im not there by 10 15 don't wait for me

Jan. 25, 2003, 1:42 a.m.

I'll be down for the Sat and hopefully Sunday as well - I have a stag on that particular Sat night. I'll be there on Sunday, just not sure what time and how functional.

We gots to save the shed yo

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Jan. 25, 2003, 8:09 a.m.

Just having a thought about saving the shed. I was doing a little web surfing and found a comments/complaints page that can be directed to Delta Parks. I was thinking it may be a good idea for all us Shed Heads to individually send off a letter regarding the shed and how we feel about it. I'm thinking the only way this is going to work in our favor is if, each and every letter was polite, politically correct, and was just an expression of our feelings towards the Shed and how we love it. We would have to guarantee that no letter attacked the corporation or contained derogatory comments. What do you all think? I'll post the URL if you think it is a good idea. I thought this would be an excellent idea and can be used in the same manner as a petition, which should be done as well. I could post a "Help save the Shed" thread to direct people to the URL, hopefully all the good users of NSMB would send a quick note, to show their support.