Odd stuff on the shore

Sept. 23, 2015, 8:51 a.m.

Was doing a little hiking on a local north shore mountain and came across some interesting structures. It looks to be someones little skiing stunt stash. I guess in a good snow year snow could be found at the location, but it is a little far from a road for access.

Anyone know the story behind this?

Sept. 23, 2015, 9:07 a.m.

Looks like ski/snowboard rails

Sept. 23, 2015, 9:43 a.m.

Definitely for skiing / snowboarding. Just curious as the why they are in the middle of the forest. Would have been a lot of work to get the rails and stuff in place.

Sept. 23, 2015, 10:46 a.m.

I came across this as well and recall there was a video that I think was out in the Spring of some guys skiing in the forest. I'll try to track it down.

Sept. 23, 2015, 12:29 p.m.

forest sesh yo

Sept. 23, 2015, 1:58 p.m.

Oh, that's what I'm supposed to do with all the "hidden secrets" I find, take a picture and post them up on the interweb.

Sept. 23, 2015, 2:25 p.m.

forest sesh yo

This guy gets it!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 23, 2015, 3:16 p.m.

Oh, that's what I'm supposed to do with all the "hidden secrets" I find, take a picture and post them up on the interweb.

A little touchy, no. No location, a bunch of old ski/board stuff setup in the forest. Looks like it's been there a while.

As its way off in the middle of no where I was curious to what it was about. Was it built for some one-off film session or ???

Perhaps I wasn't ready to "find" this. You know all that rhetoric, the trails (or in this case snow stunts) will find you when you are ready.

Sept. 23, 2015, 6:07 p.m.

that kinda shit moves downhill pretty easy when there is snow on the ground .

and in the case it went uphill to get where it is , it's pretty amazing what a bunch of properly motivated young people can accomplish when they want to . . .

now if i could just get 'em to clean their fucking room :lol:

Sept. 23, 2015, 8:14 p.m.

…it's pretty amazing what a bunch of properly motivated young people can accomplish when they want to . . .

now if i could just get 'em to clean their fucking room :lol:

So, so true.

Sept. 23, 2015, 8:59 p.m.

Well, that's pretty well what every single industry 'edit' shows. How many vids show riders ripping down CBC or Bobsled? No, it's got to be yet another 'other' trail. It's not like someone from Wales is going to know the difference. How many people found about a riding spot between the Shore and Squamish because of millions of bloody 'Squamish' edits from bike companies and the like? Can't really moan at individuals posting some interesting sights on the Shore when the industry is by far the biggest villain. I'll continue to do it.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 24, 2015, 9:19 p.m.

that stuffs been there for a while and it was built by old Seymour snowboarders looking for a quiet place to shred rails I believe