oak street is gettin' plowed

March 3, 2003, 8:17 a.m.

I was thinking about that too, that seems like one of the best ideas, the only bad thing I could think of would be some moron lighting a fire in it or something (but thats a maybe)I think the main thing is getting everyone to help, maybe a nice wooden sign up on one of the trees too, just saying that its your park too, take care of it.

March 3, 2003, 8:17 a.m.

This is so simple.

If you want to keep riding you have to look after your area… it doesn't matter where you are, trails, dirt jumps, skatepark whatever.

It also doesn't matter who made the mess clean it up and you will be showing responsibility and a willingness to put something back in to the sport.

There are lots of people who already understand this… that is why we have people building/maintaining trails and dirt jumps on their own time.

Put some effort in and show you deserve to ride there.

Click Me

March 3, 2003, 11 a.m.

if you pack it in, you should pack it out!,….. respect people.

March 3, 2003, 11:31 a.m.

exactly. it's all about respect. it's not our right to jump there, we've just been lucky enough to be able to build jumps on someone else's land for a few years.
that could all change if EVERYONE who jumps there doesn't take some responsibility.

again, i hate to come off like a bitch, but with more and more people going there to jump, if everyone doesn't clean up after themselves and help take care of the place, it's gonna get shut down.

FOR SALE: Marz. DJ1 like new - $150

March 3, 2003, 2:10 p.m.

the owness is on as the jumpers to keep that place clean. it takes 2 seconds to pick up a piece of trash. it takes a whole lot longer to build new jumps. and thats the thing. Oak is the one good place to jump that has nice big jumps. So think next time u save yourself a few seconds there leaving somthing. You might not be back next time.

yes i still ride a bike…rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

March 3, 2003, 2:15 p.m.

Nigel, did you used to ride a Merlin for Rider'sCycles back in the day? Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but I'm wondering if you're the same guy I remember saying "why would I want a car when I can have a Merlin" in the days before we had dirtjump bikes…….circe '91

NSMBA member.

March 3, 2003, 2:51 p.m.

Originally posted by Tha Niggla
**next kids i see leaving without their empty doritos bags and pop cans are will recieve a complimentary bitch slap from yours truly

:lol:

Listen up you stinky kids.

Kids!!….a moment of pleasure..a lifetime of pain.

March 3, 2003, 3:57 p.m.

I havn't been there in a few weeks…but it was fairly bad even the last time i was there….i was thinking about the garbage can idea too….and we need something like that at oak but the only thing is it needs to be emptied and i don't know who will do that or where we could do it.

March 3, 2003, 4:20 p.m.

Originally posted by Crazy Canuck
**that says it all right there. thats not good.

Maybe we oughtta chain a garbage can to a tree right next to the pack so it makes it super easy, no excuses. **

ya thats sound like a good idea

March 3, 2003, 4:21 p.m.

Oak may not have been plowed but guess what dirt jump park did get plowed? THE PIT in nanaimo, nothing is left. :mad:

2004 truvative luftalarm street/dj cranks $100 OBO.
Front XT 9mm hub $45 OBO
Rear Deore hub with great SS set up + 10mm rear axel - $50 OBO
6" hayes roter $10

March 3, 2003, 4:28 p.m.

Originally posted by TylerDurden
Nigel, did you used to ride a Merlin for Rider'sCycles back in the day? Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but I'm wondering if you're the same guy I remember saying "why would I want a car when I can have a Merlin" in the days before we had dirtjump bikes…….circe '91

yup, that was me. that takes me waaaaay back. that merlin was the 3rd mountain bike i ever owned… did i know you back in the day?

and i think i sign would be a good idea

A: it would remind everyone that they should take care of the place

B: it would show the local people that we care about oak and want to keep it nice.

March 3, 2003, 4:52 p.m.

i may be able to do something about a sign. just write like NO LITTERING or something? and then attach it to a tree? Like if i print something from the computer then get it laminated at kinko's then that should work.

March 3, 2003, 5:19 p.m.

its not abnout signs I guess its about every one looking out for the place I know next time im there while im taking a break Ill go walk around pick up some garbage if there is any. I guess a sign may help remind every one to not to litter or leave stuff behind.

Andrew Cho

GT Bikes
http://www.gtbicycles.com

March 3, 2003, 5:27 p.m.

yeah, the sign would be more for the local homeowners and dog walkers to see that we care about the place and want to take care of it.

March 3, 2003, 5:53 p.m.

shit son you scared the crap outta me! haha. Oak is one of the main reasons i'm coming to vancouver in may, i wanna dirt jump on some REAL jumps again. and i'm stoked, i can't wait to go back there and it'd suck if it were to get plowed, i know the last time i was there i picked up a few pop cans and put them in the garbage can on the street. I wish we had a place like that in calgary, but we don't. hell we lost both of our dirt jumping areas in the last year because of garbage and that's why this really pisses me off when i see something like this.

.243 Avengers :thepimp:
.243 Racing, Ridge Protective Gear