NWD4 Rumour

July 19, 2003, 12:34 a.m.

Originally posted by synchro
I wonder if Zedbra will ever come out?

i think putty's trying to help him out…there was talk of adding him to the mantrain :P

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

July 19, 2003, 12:53 a.m.

:eek: :lol:

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 19, 2003, 7:42 a.m.

Originally posted by Lady Gravity
**i think putty's trying to help him out…there was talk of adding him to the mantrain :P

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3 **

SEE Mulletron? SEE how rumours get started…geez, and here I am, minding my own business, cleaning my guns and writing a manifesto…..

July 19, 2003, 7:45 a.m.

If he did this stunt, hes an idiot.
A ton of roadies traveling within inches of each other, one flinches and they all crash, Watson could land the stunt perfectly and cause many injuries. There are already alot of Watson bashers on this bb, things like this just make him look worse.

Dont you think if he actually did it, it would be on the news?

July 19, 2003, 11:12 a.m.

hes supposed to visit the shandro camp and im leaving tomorow for it if i see him ill ask him

July 19, 2003, 12:19 p.m.

K everybody, WHO GIVES A SHIT!!!?!?! IF HE DID DO IT HE DID!! IF HE DIDN'T HE DIDN'T!! AS SIMPLE AS THAT. EVERYBODY CAN ARGUE ABOUT IF IT WAS RIGHT OR WRONG ONCE WE KNOW IF IT'S TRUE OR NOT!!! UNTIL THEN JUST REMEMBER THAT EVERYBODY HERE IS ARGUING ON THE INTERNET.

sorry i'm in a bitchy mood.

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

July 19, 2003, 2:06 p.m.

Originally posted by freerider guy
**K everybody, WHO GIVES A SHIT!!!?!?! IF HE DID DO IT HE DID!! IF HE DIDN'T HE DIDN'T!! AS SIMPLE AS THAT. EVERYBODY CAN ARGUE ABOUT IF IT WAS RIGHT OR WRONG ONCE WE KNOW IF IT'S TRUE OR NOT!!! UNTIL THEN JUST REMEMBER THAT EVERYBODY HERE IS ARGUING ON THE INTERNET.

sorry i'm in a bitchy mood. **

:werd: but i have no respect for you because you used caps lock sorry dude.

July 19, 2003, 2:12 p.m.

Originally posted by huckster doofus
haah thats totally funny if its true. I dont really think its disrespectfull at all. I used to road race and i think tthat would be awsome. also why would he be arrested? under what charges?

they would obviously give him wreckless endangerment but i think the roadies would be stoked to see a dude flying over them, and shit, if i were a spectator and saw it, why would i be beating him up, jesus, i'd be carrying him like a king :lol:

but seriously, if it happened hten it would already be posted everywhere, tv, radio, paper, all over. like someone else said, theres only like 4325693458 cameras covering every inch of the race so why wouldnt they have already broadcasted some of it or maybe even live footage and the public seeing it at home, it just makes no sense:???:

im so stoked for him, thats another one for my to-do list :D:D

:canada: :::WANTED:::
used hydraulic disc front, some tires about 2.5 maybe rims pm me

Originally posted by Dirt For Breakfast
religion is a disease

July 19, 2003, 5:17 p.m.

……there may be lots of cameras,but like someone said if you didn't know it was gonna happen it would hav finished before you could film it.:(

even though i want to see it:P

EL TORO KAKA STYLE

July 19, 2003, 7:43 p.m.

I still don't think it is disrespectful. I mean if he did it do we know the arrangements under which it was done? I mean he could have talked to the TDF and got help in doing the stunt or he could have done a massive gap in which all the riders knew perfectly well that it was going to happen and where. Until there is an official word that, hey a roadie fainted from being jumped over, i don't see the reason to react in a way that is putting down dave watson and the way he rides in such a progressive fashion.

Yes i am the owner of FLOW CANNON

July 20, 2003, 4:34 a.m.

Okay this seems like some concrete proof that it did happen: http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/4606.0.html . Scroll town to Tour Jumper. It says in the article Watson was approached by a French cycling magazine to do the stunt. If this is true and the FRENCH cycling community seems to be okay with it, why does everyone here have their pants in a bunch? Think about it. If the stunt were really to go down and you had a big sponser like Kona and knew what was at stake, would you just pull off the stunt without having some kind of arrangements made? If something was set up with the Tour for this to go down wouldn't that be cool that the two extremes of the sport were to go on at the same time?

FreeRide South

July 20, 2003, 7:21 a.m.

Yeah i was just gonna post that. i guess you beat me to it. It seemed he thought it out, only went at the very end of the pack.
http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/4606.0.html Tour jumper
VeloNews managed to catch up with Kona freeride pro Dave Watson who was just back from an eventful excursion to France. After being approached by a French cycling magazine a month and a half ago, Watson pulled off a monumental stunt, actually jumping over the back half of the peloton during the Alp d'Huez stage of the Tour de France. Watson estimated that the jump, a road gap, was about 45 feet in distance.

"I had to come in from a funky angle because there were some police in the way," Watson explained. "And I had to time it just right because I didn't want to go in front of the riders and spook them. It was a group of about 15 and I went over right at the end of the group."

Watson added that he had to brake check ever so slightly right before take-off, and that caused him to come up about a foot short on the landing.

"I aired it nice," he said. "But I got bucked and crashed pretty hard. It's a jump I could do 10 times in a row no problem, but there was just so much going on."

Asked what was the point of the jump, Watson said he "wanted to celebrate the progression of cycling. We're in a rad sport and I wanted to do something to help get it to the masses. Whether people think I'm a hero or a zero, I don't care. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but the only person in jeopardy was me."

July 22, 2003, 7:05 a.m.

I bet someone just got a job in the next Vin Diesel movie as a stuntman!

July 24, 2003, 8:50 a.m.

well it's good to know that at least the rumour I heard about was true and I wasn't stirring everyone up for no reason.