nsmb.com TAP Trail Day #4 - Nov. 6th

Oct. 24, 2011, 10:53 p.m.

Dale's is getting buffed just enough to be able to sustain some traffic - and we think it's more fun than it's been in many moons as well. We are getting pretty close to finished and it's getting more satisfying each time.

Digger and Jerry Willows will be there for expert instruction but we encourage creativity as well. Yes there is some work to do but it's pretty much a laugh for the whole day as well.

Details:

When: Nov. 6th 8:30 am
Where: Different Bikes North Vancouver in Parkgate Mall.
What to bring: Some water would be a good idea but we'll make sure there's some there as well. If you'd like to bring tools you may but we'll have access to some as well.
Lunch: Provided by nsmb.com
Experience necessary: none. If you are new to trail work we'll have lots of experienced builders there keen to show you the ropes.
Time commitment: That is up to you. If you'd like to ride down to meet us and work for a few hours part way through the day we'd be stoked to see you. If you can stay for the whole trail day great. We wrapped up before 3:00 last time.

We're hoping to get everyone outfitted with some swag just to say thanks as well.

Hope you can come and join us!

Oct. 25, 2011, 8:56 a.m.

It's going to be a great day. We have 2 sections planned that will make the trail flow better and divert some water.

:canada:

Oct. 25, 2011, 10:51 a.m.

It's going to be a great day. We have 2 sections planned that will make the trail flow better and divert some water.

In case it's dried out by then, the new berm after the rock roll (just before the steep cliff chute) is a lake, but you guys probably already know that. Thanks for the work, the trail flows so nicely!

Oct. 25, 2011, 11:58 a.m.

Thanks Chris. It was pretty dry on our last day so we'll have to put in some drainage. I blame Digger!

Oct. 25, 2011, 12:51 p.m.

Thanks Chris. It was pretty dry on our last day so we'll have to put in some drainage. I blame Digger!

and Digger blamed Jerry! Who do you blame Jerry? :lol:

Oct. 25, 2011, 12:55 p.m.

I'll be there, to once again "test ride" the new work…

:damn:

Oct. 25, 2011, 1:33 p.m.

and Digger blamed Jerry! Who do you blame Jerry? :lol:

I blame gravity… we'll put a pipe in there on the 6th.

Oct. 25, 2011, 2:06 p.m.

We could use young Cam as our scapegoat. I'll bring a sherrif badge up there for him to wear so we can blame him for anything we screw up!
Are we going to make the rock face less of a dentists dream?

Chief Running Tab

"My bike is just like yours except mine has monkeys on it!"

Oct. 25, 2011, 2:50 p.m.

the plan is to keep the gnarly right hander and make part of the rock face have less undulation with rock and concrete and berm out the bottom for flow. It will still be a tough move but you don't have to be Ryan Leech to navigate the far left line you have to now.

Nov. 1, 2011, 10:39 a.m.

I'll be coming out with my son (13)as I do ride the trail quite a bit as well as TNT which looks great btw! We have both done trail building previously.

Looking forward to meeting both you Tracy!

A reminder that we'll be working rain or shine. Hope for sun but there are some advantages to working in the wet as well.

Nov. 1, 2011, 11:01 a.m.

Hey - respect to the work being done on TNT. Dont know who's respponsible for hauling gold but the flow meter has definitely gone up.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Nov. 1, 2011, 11:19 a.m.

Hey - respect to the work being done on TNT. Dont know who's respponsible for hauling gold but the flow meter has definitely gone up.

MEC - doing far more than just rezoning to compete against bike shops.

Nov. 1, 2011, 11:34 a.m.

MEC - doing far more than just rezoning to compete against bike shops.

Yes it's MEC, we've had 4 days of work on TNT, last one was on Saturday. They've done great work, very solid crew. We did our best to try to retain the character of the trail but have given it flow. Should make a great line to join up to Dale's!

Nov. 1, 2011, 11:47 a.m.

Connecting from TNT to Dales would be even better if the creek on Cabin trail got a bridge!
:)
Such a flow killer…

Nov. 2, 2011, 10:36 a.m.

Connecting from TNT to Dales would be even better if the creek on Cabin trail got a GAP:)
Such a flow killer…

Corrected.

I'm ignoring Smedley.