NSMBA Builders Academy Fall Dates

Sept. 17, 2012, 9:49 a.m.

The NSMBA is proud to announce Fall 2012 dates for the North Shore Trail Builder Academy presented by Arc’teryx.

October 2 | October 25 | November 6 | November 14

The curriculum covers the following topics:

How to build sustainably - trail assessment - banked turns - retaining walls - bench cut - reroutes - reclaimation - rolling contour - flow - drainage - armouring - alignment [HTML_REMOVED] line selection - liability - environmental care - best practices - a systematic approach - Trail Triage

To sign up for one of the evening theory sessions, please click HERE. You must be an active NSMBA member to attend. The course is free for NSMBA members.

October dates will will be followed by a practical building day on Oct 27th. November dates will be followed by a practical building day on Nov 24th.

The North Shore Builders Academy wouldn’t be possible without the partnership and support of Arc’teryx.

Classes are limited to 20 per session.

web: nsmba.ca
email: [email protected]

Trails for all, trails forever.

Sept. 17, 2012, 10:04 a.m.

signed up!

Nov. 14, 2012, 1 a.m.

The last session of the fall is happening Wednesday November 14th (basically tonight). Spots are still available, get in on this!

Builders Academy has already put in focused efforts on projects that are really helping the trail network. Go through the program, get on the list, then build with others who are passionate about learning and digging.

flickr

Nov. 14, 2012, 7:11 a.m.

Nice, this has saved me from attending my first ever spin class, I'll be there.

:scotland:

Nov. 14, 2012, 12:44 p.m.

Mark came down to the 'ham and led one of these for our local building community. I thought he did a terrific job of covering the fundamentals. For the more experienced builders, it also served as a solid refresher on thinking about drainage, grade reversals, outsloping, etc.

Everyone got something out of it and Mark got to ride some of our trails - win-win! I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to learn more about proper trail design in the PNW.

Cheers,
EB

Nov. 15, 2012, 6:34 a.m.

really good stuff. thanks mark and those who set it up.

pretty educational even if you don't have much of a plan to get out and build. a) it answered many of my questions as to what is going on, why things change the way they do b) gives you an idea of the effort that goes into the simple looking sections (savour that berm that took dozens of man hours to build) c) might motivate you to help out, there are more jobs than just super-committed-star-builder