NSMBA and Matt do it again! Sweet XC

May 6, 2010, 8:18 p.m.

incredible trail, just relentless! kudos to the trail builders

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 7, 2010, 1:43 p.m.

Ha ha! That's a really cool section. As I was walking my bike "up" I checked to see if I had enough clearance for my bars. I didn't think I did - so I didn't even try on the way down. But walking through on the "down" they seemed to make it. Barely. Next time!

No bar banging last night. Next, I'll ride it in the other direction and see how that goes.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 7, 2010, 6:15 p.m.

Cheers to NSMBA , and Matt .
Rode it in bolth directions. Great to have some new xc around that area. Glad to see our NSMBA fees , and donations going to great use.

May 8, 2010, 9:12 a.m.

Wow, it's really great to hear how much everyone is enjoying the new line!!! I gotta say that Dave sure did a bang up job on the video and he makes a few sections look a lot easier than they really are. Riding up around the giant boulder is a seriously tricky move that only a few people will be able to do. Even though I built it, I still haven't cleaned that line!!!!

Anyways, great to see the positive responses here on the board. The next stages are going to be really cool, too~ For the next section think buttery smooth, rolling, uphill pumptrack ;)

May 8, 2010, 11:12 a.m.

For me, this is exactly what the shore needs. I haven't ridden it yet but it reminds me of Squamish and Galbraith (my favorite spot). Good climbs, rhythm sections, rocks and roots.

Thanks again!

Edit: just kicked in a few $$ to NSMBA for projects like this. I challenge others to do the same!

May 8, 2010, 6:26 p.m.

Wow, it's really great to hear how much everyone is enjoying the new line!!! I gotta say that Dave sure did a bang up job on the video and he makes a few sections look a lot easier than they really are. Riding up around the giant boulder is a seriously tricky move that only a few people will be able to do. Even though I built it, I still haven't cleaned that line!!!!

Anyways, great to see the positive responses here on the board. The next stages are going to be really cool, too~ For the next section think buttery smooth, rolling, uphill pumptrack ;)

Dude, honoured to be asked to do the vid and I knew , for all your amazing work I had to step up my game…the only problem is Jeremy is a little jealous but I got the perfect figurine for him too!! See ya on the trails soon! And thanks for the fun ride…it really makes my lynn valley-bridal-sticks/stones bridal-empress-baden-old buck-pingu-pangor-bridal-stick/stones-Bridal-demo forrest-home xc ride that much more epic…:rocker:

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

May 9, 2010, 9:05 a.m.

Yep, great work. Fun trail and a great addition to my XC loop on Seymour.

Jon-boy.

May 9, 2010, 9:26 p.m.

hate to admit it. haven't not made that section.It is a tricky one and I love the move around that rock. oh, and i've only ridden it at night, in the rain. sorry. ;-) come to think of it the "tunnel vision" is probably the reason i manage so well. That aside the "unsustainable" up and over exposed root section near the begining has got me both times. The trail is unbelievable and makes for a great drop from the top of the CB. Great job!!!!!!!!

Is it counter productive to ride on my exercise bike with a cocktail in hand?

May 10, 2010, 10:22 a.m.

Dude, honoured to be asked to do the vid and I knew , for all your amazing work I had to step up my game…the only problem is Jeremy is a little jealous but I got the perfect figurine for him too!! See ya on the trails soon! And thanks for the fun ride…it really makes my lynn valley-bridal-sticks/stones bridal-empress-baden-old buck-pingu-pangor-bridal-stick/stones-Bridal-demo forrest-home xc ride that much more epic…:rocker:

You forgot Bottle Top

May 10, 2010, 10:33 a.m.

You forgot Bottle Top

Oh yeah didn't mention as it is my normal route…up through bottom of neds to bottle top to twin bridges and a climb up to end of the line and a coke and cracker jacks if I am honest….then home…its a dam fine xc loop except Pangor is beat from the winter…

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

May 13, 2010, 10:18 a.m.

I saw a bear wearing goggles there!

Wrong. Always.

May 13, 2010, 10:52 a.m.

Is there a line over the rock with a transition on the other side??

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

May 13, 2010, 11:18 a.m.

This trail is so much fun. I've ridden it three times now (always west to east) and have yet to clean it without dabs. Last night, I spent a bit of time going back over sections that I couldn't clear without dabs and made them all EXCEPT that last little boulder after the right hand switchback just before the trail end.. DAMN YOU - I WILL GET YOU NEXT TIME!!! :scream:

So, anyone done the full trail without stopping or dabs? :grinno:

Major thanks to the trail builder!!

May 13, 2010, 12:19 p.m.

West to east I clean it. Last night I rode the oposite way and I cleaned a lot of it and can definitely see the lines and gear one needs to be in the clean the rest,, except the boulder. I don't think I have the skills for that. I tried it a couple three times in succession and no go.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.