NSMB 4.0

April 12, 2017, 6:19 p.m.

We need a "report post" button as well, noticing some spammers have found their way in, see it in the article discussion forum.

April 13, 2017, 7:47 a.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

Posted by: mr_fungle

Posted by: Sethimus

what about the "go to first new post" button/link/whatever?

Posted by: ceebee

Need "new posts" search urgently. Without this, endless clicking around all over the place to try to find what is new.

Soon I will stop bothering.

I've bookmarked this - https://nsmb.com/forum/tracking/unread-topics/

and? you still need to manually navigate to the first new post in each thread, also requesting unread topics loads way too long, several seconds. someone's code is not fast...

Clicking the little arrow under the thread name will take you to the last post in the thread.

April 13, 2017, 1:53 p.m.

Clicking the little arrow under the thread name will take you to the last post in the thread.

Howdy folks, we're working on making the unread posts faster.

In the meantime, if you click on the thread name, it should take you to the latest unread thread. Work in progress so please do let us know how it's working out.

April 15, 2017, 12:44 a.m.

Posted by: norman

Howdy folks, we're working on making the unread posts faster.

In the meantime, if you click on the thread name, it should take you to the latest unread thread. Work in progress so please do let us know how it's working out.

works for me, thx

April 18, 2017, 5:38 p.m.

what are the chances of getting video embedding back again?

April 19, 2017, 7:23 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

what are the chances of getting video embedding back again?

It's on the list. May take a while before we get to it, but several people have asked for this so we may raise the priority.

Thanks for the feedback. Letting us know what you want us to improve/add/fix helps us to use our limited time most effectively.

April 19, 2017, 9:07 a.m.

Change URL embedding to work with just the link and not require any of the other fields.  Should be able to just supply URL and have it clickable when posted.

Photo and video embedding via links (such as YouTube).

Ignore list.

April 19, 2017, 10:20 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Change URL embedding to work with just the link and not require any of the other fields.  Should be able to just supply URL and have it clickable when posted.

Photo and video embedding via links (such as YouTube).

Ignore list.

We are making it so you can just copy-paste the URL right into the post and it will automatically show as a clickable link. This is ready to go and will be available once Norman pushes the latest changes to the server.

Also ready to go is image attachments displayed inline in posts automatically.

BTW, image embedding by URL is already possible (image button in toolbar, copy-paste URL). If you need a place to upload an image, you can use the photo gallery. Ideally, we would integrate it a bit more so you would be able to upload to and pick from the photo gallery directly from the forum post form but it may take a while before we get to that.

Youtube embedding and ignore list are on the todo list.

Thanks for the feedback, letting us know what you want us to improve helps us prioritize and use our limited resources effectively.

April 19, 2017, 12:10 p.m.

Thumbs up!

April 21, 2017, 9:19 a.m.

I'd still love to see the drop down navigation menus at the top and bottom of every forum page.

April 24, 2017, 12:37 p.m.

How come one ends up on a blank page when clicking on last page #'d or sometimes the arrow attached to last poster?

April 25, 2017, 12:38 a.m.

View unread topics button hasn't worked for a couple weeks, just me or its broken?

April 25, 2017, 8:38 a.m.

I'm getting a big 404 from https://nsmb.com/forum/tracking/unread-topics/

The new board is super slow as well.

April 25, 2017, 8:42 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

I'd still love to see the drop down navigation menus at the top and bottom of every forum page.

Done

April 25, 2017, 8:42 p.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

I'm getting a big 404 from https://nsmb.com/forum/tracking/unread-topics/

The new board is super slow as well.

We just pushed out an update that should address that. Can you let me know if it still doesn't work please?