NSMB 4.0

March 1, 2017, 6:31 p.m.

Hi everyone,

I know, I know. We moved your cheese. Things are a bit different. Trust us, it's for the best. We loved our old site and the old BB too, but we needed to make some changes in order to move forward.

This site is made to work better on your phone. A lot better. Including the BB. We have also - finally - merged your login so that you can post here, comment on an article, list your bike in the buy n sell and, soon, use that same account if you decide to buy some wool socks or some #longlivechainsaw stickers in our store (oh, and there's some good stuff coming soon there, too).

The Buy n Sell is not yet renovated, but that's coming soon. So, go ahead and keep using it, or start using it, and have faith that soon it'll be easier to use and look a lot better. What else?

Well, we're going to make it easy again to upload and look at each other's photos, but we'll also be adding video capability to that part of the site. Stay tuned, we'll let you know when it's ready or close to ready - and maybe we'll need some beta testers, so polish off those GoPros. Of course, photos and videos are nothing without words, so we'll also let you input your own content, whether that's an article, a trip report, or something else.

So that's where we're headed. I know that in recent times it seems like we haven't paid enough attention to this BB, and that's true. But we're swinging the wrecking ball around a little so we can build it back up again. You may notice some posts went missing. And your PM's. That was an unintended consequence of these changes. We're really sorry about that. But the band-aid's off now, and we're ready to slap some Polysporin onto that wound and regenerate some nice-looking skin. Or something like that. I haven't slept.

Thank you for your patience, and for understanding. We promise, it's gonna be great.

March 1, 2017, 7:42 p.m.

March 1, 2017, 8:30 p.m.

pm's are gone?

it would have been nice to let people know in case they had some important ones they were saving for some reason.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 1, 2017, 9:12 p.m.

actually the pm's are all still there under the old board and there's a way to log even though the log in box is disabled.

if you type in the url http://bb.nsmb.com/usercp.php you'll get a dialog box that asks you to log in and you can log into the old board from there and view your pm's if need be. who knows how long we'll be able to access that info though.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 2, 2017, 9:05 a.m.

No more rep :(

Years of hard work gone ;)

March 2, 2017, 9:20 a.m.

Up on the new format. It does show much better on a phone than the old version.

March 2, 2017, 3:17 p.m.

You might want to tell the people that still have access to post on old NSMB that there is at least one person who can't (and maybe more).

March 2, 2017, 11:21 p.m.

I had some problems because my email attached to my account has been dead for years. Thanks for fixing it Cam.

March 3, 2017, 7:34 a.m.

after some password reset fiddle-farting, back in!

is the "new posts" functionality gone? that would suck...

March 3, 2017, 12:15 p.m.

I like the idea of user generated content, am really looking forward to it. That is something that I sometimes missed about the old board, having a place to drop a few pictures and some words alongside it for others to read, kind of like the Other Site.

Rep and count post gone. Oh well...have to post more.

March 3, 2017, 12:56 p.m.

REINSTATING THE 'NEW POSTS" FUNCTIONALITY WOULD BE VERY NICE

WHEN LOOKING AT THE LIST OF THREADS, FOR EXAMPLE, SHORE FORUM LIST, ON MY PHONE THERE IS TOO MUCH INFO LISTED - WHO CREATED THE THREAD AND WHEN, AND WHO LAST POSTED AND WHEN THE INFO IS FINE BUT MAKES IT VERY HARD TO READ A LIST OF THREAD TITLES

OH, AND CAPS IS STILL PERMANENT and double space for a period doesnt work. im afraid the grammer police is warming up theyre guns 😘

March 3, 2017, 3:55 p.m.

I would love to keep my member since tag....kinda loved that I had been here for so long...lol.

Everything heckler said, plus a quick reply and an option to change the forum to a darker skin....not a fan of the white...but I'll make it work if the answer is no.

Thanks for the speed changes, so much faster for me now....w00t.

Can't wait till people start posting here again...I really only go to the gear forum, it's been so slow after the changes.

Last edited by: pedalhound on March 3, 2017, 3:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 4, 2017, 7:45 a.m.

I wanted to reply to a post, thought about quoting said post, but could not figure out how to quote, it was a little easier on the old forum.

Is it possible to install a feature that quoting is possible?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

March 4, 2017, 1:40 p.m.

I like the new site. lots of things to get use to is the buy and sell up and runnng yet? I CANT SEEM TO ACCESS IT?

Last edited by: norman on March 4, 2017, 2:07 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 4, 2017, 1:42 p.m.

Regarding the above post im not drunk