North Shore style freeriding still exists?

Sept. 25, 2017, 7:51 p.m.

Yeah everyone is pretty friendly on Cypress, I've given lifts and had the favor repaid several times there. Also ridden with a good number of different people up there who have all been rippers but without the egos. Good times always. Seymour / Fromme I usually ride alone. Its a totally different experience.

Sept. 19, 2019, 11:12 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

Posted by: Mic

That is awesome.

I always likened such 'underground movements' and the impact on a greater culture or industry to the history of Hip Hop and how the music industry made it mainstream. Journalists invented/adopted the term 'breakdance' and 'grafffiti', for example. 

I think the same can be said for biking. Without the exposure to biking media I would never have had the chance to experience the beauty of the Shore and the friendliness of the riders, though. 

But then, I really think in the end it is what we all make of it all. 

My local park gets funnier by the week, it feels. Lots of folks in flashy gear pretending to be really awesome and cool. Kind of like golf. Passion and an open and like-minded exchange and friendliness is missing. Silly, really.

That is why me and my kid really like the Loose Fest in Belgium. No pretense, just a good time with like-minded folks into it for the love. And watching in awe the progression of riding, and always looking for ways to progress individually.

Must be amazing to see Loose Fest in person, those have to be some of the biggest jumps ever hit on a bicycle.

I find Whistler is actually where folks are the most friendly, stoked and up to chat about biking on the lifts or randomly in the village. I run across more uppity attitude types who don't respond on the trails on the shore and Squamish.

you are welcome to stay anytime you like if you would wish to see it for yourself.