North Burnaby Shop

Nov. 29, 2004, 4:34 p.m.

Heh, Sharpeys…
If I could speak the language I might be able to get some deals there.
:skorea:

Nov. 29, 2004, 5:43 p.m.

the guys at Sharpey's speak fine english.

They are good guys, and also hand make their own custom Ti frames, that are quite nice. Ti rings all the goodies. They are very proud to show off their creations if you ask em'

I also agree that there is no room for any more shops- period. Lets have the existing ones turn a decent profit year round first.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Nov. 29, 2004, 7:24 p.m.

haha, sharpey's is gangster.
i get free/cheap stuff form there all the time

Nov. 30, 2004, 10:56 a.m.

hmm, well I haven't been in there in a long time, based on my previous experience. Sounds like things have changed?
Maybe I'll give that place another visit…

Nov. 30, 2004, 12:17 p.m.

Originally posted by SIDESHOW
They are good guys, and also hand make their own custom Ti frames, that are quite nice. Ti rings all the goodies.

They make their own titanium chainrings? Or do they source them from Cycle Dynamics?

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Nov. 30, 2004, 4:06 p.m.

no he makes them himself.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Nov. 30, 2004, 10:09 p.m.

Originally posted by sanrensho
They make their own titanium chainrings? Or do they source them from Cycle Dynamics?

Pak the mechanic is an unbelievable welder, and his Ti frames are quite fine looking. He is super friendly too, if I ever need to use tools that I don't own, I can set my bike up in the back of the shop and do all my work myself.
Jason the owner is a sales-man to the core, and he'll beat most prices on small parts if you work at him. He's pretty funny too…

I've seen them do soem pretty screwed up wrenching (forks and brakes), and I've heard some super shady rumors about them, but I think those guys are a riot, I love visiting them!

"special price for you" :lol:

Nov. 30, 2004, 10:46 p.m.

Originally posted by SIDESHOW
no he makes them himself.

Thanks Corey.

Does anybody know if the ti rings are comparable in quality to the Cycle Dynamics rings? What about price?

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Dec. 1, 2004, 5:18 p.m.

why would anyone need to venture any farther than On Top Bike Shop (Highest shop in the world)?