No Trespassing signs on CMHC lands and trails

Oct. 31, 2016, 7:18 p.m.

Thank you to the poster who provided the correct date - November 28, 2016.

No "demands" for a meeting were made. A _request _under the Societies Act was made to the NSMBA. Their lawyer contacted me and asked that I meet with her. I agreed. Such process is the consequence of the new Act and is entirely regular. Any party can request access to certain society records even if they are not a member.

I represent all the residents in my catchment regardless of their political affiliation and for whom they voted. I do not take campaign contributions from special interest groups.

Thank you for your continuing support.

www.hazencolbert2014.ca

Hazen Colbert

What questions have you got for the NSMBA ?

Oct. 31, 2016, 7:31 p.m.

What questions have you got for the NSMBA ?

I continue to compile a list of questions from my broad canvass of the larger community and other stakeholders.

If you, or anyone else, would like some questions answered, please post them here and I will include them in my list.

Please respect the process and refrain from threats, defamatory comments and profanity.

Best regards

Hazen Colbert

www.hazencolbert2014.ca

Oct. 31, 2016, 7:44 p.m.

I continue to compile a list of questions from my broad canvass of the larger community and other stakeholders.

If you, or anyone else, would like some questions answered, please post them here and I will include them in my list.

Please respect the process and refrain from threats, defamatory comments and profanity.

Best regards

Hazen Colbert

www.hazencolbert2014.ca

This seems reasonable. I have a question that I would appreciate an answer to, and would be very much grateful if you would pose to the NSMBA:

Imagine a plane is sat on the beginning of a massive conveyor belt/travelator type arrangement, as wide and as long as a runway, and intends to take off. The conveyer belt is designed to exactly match the speed of the wheels at any given time, moving in the opposite direction of rotation. There is no wind.

Can the plane take off? Explain why it can, or cannot, take off?

Thank you.

Oct. 31, 2016, 7:47 p.m.

I represent all the residents in my catchment regardless of their political affiliation and for whom they voted. I do not take campaign contributions from special interest groups.

Thank you for your continuing support.

www.hazencolbert2014.ca

Hazen Colbert

Don't you normally need to hold some sort of public office, like Councillor Bond for example, to represent residents?

Oct. 31, 2016, 7:50 p.m.

If you have enough folks doing laps in your noggin - you can end up representing quite a few people.

Oct. 31, 2016, 8:28 p.m.

This seems reasonable. I have a question that I would appreciate an answer to, and would be very much grateful if you would pose to the NSMBA:

Imagine a plane is sat on the beginning of a massive conveyor belt/travelator type arrangement, as wide and as long as a runway, and intends to take off. The conveyer belt is designed to exactly match the speed of the wheels at any given time, moving in the opposite direction of rotation. There is no wind.

Can the plane take off? Explain why it can, or cannot, take off?

Thank you.

Lets not take up Hazen's time with that. Cannot take off as the wings are not moving relative to the air, so there is no lift.

EDIT: I think that my initial thought above was incorrect. The jet or prop is what moves the plane relative to the air to generate lift, so whatever happens to the wheels is irrelevant?

But Hazen, can you please find out the answer to this. Its been bugging me and NSMBA needs to be accountable for the true answers. If you think that they're trying to bury the truth, keep the answers that are owed to us members secret amoungst themselves, keep pushing!

You stand at a fork in the road. Next to each of the two forks, there stands a guard. You know the following things: 1. One path leads to Paradise, the other to Death. From where you stand, you cannot distinguish between the two paths. Worse, once you start down a path, you cannot turn back. 2. One of the two guards always tells the truth. The other guard always lies. Unfortunately, it is impossible for you to distinguish between the two guards.
You have permission to ask one guard one question to ascertain which path leads to Paradise. Remember that you do not know which guard you're asking - the truth-teller or the liar - and that this single question determines whether you live or die. The question is: What one question asked of one guard guarantees that you are led onto the path to Paradise, regardless of which guard you happen to ask?

Oct. 31, 2016, 8:55 p.m.

Lets not take up Hazen's time with that. Cannot take off as the wings are not moving relative to the air, so there is no lift.

But Hazen, can you please find out the answer to this. Its been bugging me and NSMBA needs to be accountable for the true answers. If you think that they're trying to bury the truth, keep the answers that are owed to us members secret amoungst themselves, keep pushing!

You stand at a fork in the road. Next to each of the two forks, there stands a guard. You know the following things: 1. One path leads to Paradise, the other to Death. From where you stand, you cannot distinguish between the two paths. Worse, once you start down a path, you cannot turn back. 2. One of the two guards always tells the truth. The other guard always lies. Unfortunately, it is impossible for you to distinguish between the two guards.
You have permission to ask one guard one question to ascertain which path leads to Paradise. Remember that you do not know which guard you're asking - the truth-teller or the liar - and that this single question determines whether you live or die. The question is: What one question asked of one guard guarantees that you are led onto the path to Paradise, regardless of which guard you happen to ask?

LOL

I think that is a riddle not a question :-)

Oct. 31, 2016, 9:04 p.m.

this thread…

A farmer was sitting in the neighborhood bar getting hammered. A man came in and asked the farmer, "Hey, why are you sitting here on this beautiful day, getting drunk?" The farmer shook his head and replied, "Some things you just can't explain."

"So, what happened that's so horrible?" the man asked as he sat down next to the farmer.
"Well," the farmer said, "today I was sitting on a stool by my cow, milking her. Just as I got the bucket 'bout full, she lifted her left leg and kicked over the bucket."
"Okay," said the man, "but that's not so bad."
"Some things you just can't explain," the farmer replied.
"So what happened then?" the man asked.

The farmer said, "I grabbed some rope, took her left leg and tied it to the post on the left."
"And then?"
"Well, I sat back down and continued to milk her. Just as I got the bucket 'bout full, she took her right leg and kicked over the bucket."

The man laughed and said, "Again?"
The farmer replied, "Some things you just can't explain."
"So, what did you do then?" the man asked.
"I got another piece of rope and tied her right leg to the post on the right."
"And then?"
"Well, I sat back down and began milking her again. Just as I got the bucket about full, the stupid cow knocked over the bucket with her tail."

"Hmmm . . . " the man said and nodded his head.
"Some things you just can't explain," the farmer said.
"So, what did you do?" the man asked.

"Well," the farmer said, "I didn't have anymore rope. So I took off my belt, stood on the stool behind her and tied her tail to the rafter. In that moment, my pants fell down and my wife walked in.
Some things you just can't explain."

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 31, 2016, 9:36 p.m.

LOL

I think that is a riddle not a question :-)

A riddle is a type of question. Do we need to draw a Venn diagram for you?

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 31, 2016, 10:40 p.m.

1. http://britishproperties.com/ intends to develop most of the land on which lie Cypress Mountain mountain bike trails.

2. Grouse Mountain, yes the actual mountain, not just the commercial business, is for sale.

3. CMCH has just put ALL the Seymour mountain bike trails into play as a potential land development site.

Mr. Colbert is a mountain biker and a member of the NSMBA.

He has been dealing with the types of issues listed above since 1990 both as a mountain bike enthusiast and in his business.

He has knowledge of law and politics, albeit as a politician his success is suspect :-)

To beat him in the Supreme Court, Councillor Bond relied on two in-house lawyers, 3 external legal counsel and an entire staff contingent. It took them 4 hearings over 3 months, possibly a Supreme Court record against a self-represented party in such a short time. He prevailed at the first two, the third was adjourned generally. They then put together a team to work the media including two members of the NSMBA, friends of Bond, writing for newspapers. He still has not backed down :-)

It would seem to me that when the developers come to take away the Cypress, Grouse and Seymour trails, Mr. Colbert might be someone you would want on your side. At the very least he could run interference for the better part of a decade against the other parties :-)

He can't be bullied and doesn't care about campaign contributions from land developers. He is their worst nightmare LOL

Scrooge McDuck

Heeeeers Johnny!

Oct. 31, 2016, 10:41 p.m.

Easy.

Ask one of the guards "If I asked the other guard which path leads to paradise, which one would he tell me to choose?"

Then take the other path.

Oct. 31, 2016, 10:46 p.m.

1. http://britishproperties.com/ intends to develop most of the land on which lie Cypress Mountain mountain bike trails.

2. Grouse Mountain, yes the actual mountain, not just the commercial business, is for sale.

3. CMCH has just put ALL the Seymour mountain bike trails into play as a potential land development site.

Mr. Colbert is a mountain biker and a member of the NSMBA.

He has been dealing with the types of issues listed above since 1990 both as a mountain bike enthusiast and in his business.

He has knowledge of law and politics, albeit as a politician his success is suspect :-)

To beat him in the Supreme Court, Councillor Bond relied on two in-house lawyers, 3 external legal counsel and an entire staff contingent. It took them 4 hearings over 3 months, possibly a Supreme Court record against a self-represented party in such a short time. He prevailed at the first two, the third was adjourned generally. They then put together a team to work the media including two members of the NSMBA, friends of Bond, writing for newspapers. He still has not backed down :-)

It would seem to me that when the developers come to take away the Cypress, Grouse and Seymour trails, Mr. Colbert might be someone you would want on your side. At the very least he could run interference for the better part of a decade against the other parties :-)

He can't be bullied and doesn't care about campaign contributions from land developers. He is their worst nightmare LOL

Scrooge McDuck

He thought the residents of NV would want him on his side too. Turns out that wasn't the case eh?

Oct. 31, 2016, 11:07 p.m.

Holy shite, I think i just "wasted" an hour reading this thread. I laughed, i cried, i emotioned all over the place. Can't wait for the reboot.

Oct. 31, 2016, 11:11 p.m.

Given the displays of entitlement and arrogance displayed in this very thread, it would seem to me that mountain bikers would be better off without Mr. Colbert's advocacy.

In all seriousness, I believe that scrooge/smedley/hazen are not throwaway personalities dreamed up for trolling, but rather they are real personalities that exist in the mind of one tortured, schizophrenic brain. And at least one of those personalities is afflicted with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

I again suggest - seek help.

Nov. 1, 2016, 12:49 a.m.

If you have enough folks doing laps in your noggin - you can end up representing quite a few people.

:clap::lol:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.