No Trespassing signs on CMHC lands and trails

Oct. 31, 2016, 4:24 p.m.

Sharon,
As a result, on November 16, 2016 the NSMBA becomes accountable to all DNV ratepayers including I and, I am sure to the consternation of many posters here, Mrs. Monica Craver.

:lol:

Yeah because the last time she tried to start a shitstorm it backfired on her a little. Thanks Monica!

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Oct. 31, 2016, 4:25 p.m.

Oct. 31, 2016, 4:27 p.m.

hey scrooge, I was curious, do you greet all the little trick or treaters with candy tonight or do you turn out all the lights and hide uptairs in the dark.:devil:

Oct. 31, 2016, 4:33 p.m.

Completely unrelated. Is there a debate or some such prior to the choosing of the Directors of the NSMBA?

Oct. 31, 2016, 4:38 p.m.

Is it sick that I am considering attending the AGM to see this? Will it end like that strata meeting in Coquitlam? 🙄

Oct. 31, 2016, 4:57 p.m.

In a related topic, I am considering running for the NSMBA Board of Directors and inquire generally from all posters here who are NSMBA members what matters should the NSMBA be addressing given the new Societies Act.

Does this mean you are planning to attend the NSMBA AGM?

No way I am missing this!

Oct. 31, 2016, 4:59 p.m.

Sorry Uncle Dave, but I'm starting to think Hazel should get his own weekly segment to.He truly has a gift.

Oct. 31, 2016, 5 p.m.

:dizzy::dizzy: Brocklanders likes this

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Oct. 31, 2016, 5:02 p.m.

Sharon,

Good question(s).

I am sure Lee can explain the detailed impact of the new BC Societies Act on organizations such as the NSMBA. In simple terms the new Act makes the NSMBA accountable not only to its members but to every person it impacts no matter how small the impact. The NSMBA receives funding from the DNV. As a result, on November 16, 2016 the NSMBA becomes accountable to all DNV ratepayers including I and, I am sure to the consternation of many posters here, Mrs. Monica Craver.

In a related topic, I am considering running for the NSMBA Board of Directors and inquire generally from all posters here who are NSMBA members what matters should the NSMBA be addressing given the new Societies Act.

Best regards

Hazen Colbert

As I understand Mr. Lau is out enjoying warmer climes - allow me to assist.

Nothing in the new act gives you a right to meet with anyone.

Yes, it allows the public to view non-member funded society's financial statements which have to include certain disclosures on remuneration - it will still be up to the funding agency to "hold it accountable" not those small minded folks who think they are impacted. However, if you and Monica can make your voices heard at the funding level (without being ignored on account of the crazy - you not Monica I have never had the pleasure of interacting with her so won't comment) then yes indirectly you MAY try and "hold them accountable". Although, it may take garnering a bit more support than just your current group of voters.

Or you could save your time and look up the minutes from AGM where, subject to the proviso above on remuneration, they are already providing public disclosure

I'll save you the time: http://www.nsmba.ca/documents/2014NSMBAAGMMeetingMinutes.docx.pdf

You may have been reading an older draft of the Act - or the last White Paper - which included provisions allowing the public bring actions against a society or challange actions taken by the society. Ultimately, it was decided that this would lead to rabble-rousers with ill-intent taking frivolous and vexatious actions and just waste everyone's time.

I am sure at the appropriate time the NSMBA, should they be required to, will comply with the Act. Although I hear that there is going to be quite a grace period while some societies get up to speed. The government has been clear that they don't want this change in legislation to stop or hinder the good work that societies do throughout BC.

Oct. 31, 2016, 6:01 p.m.

^Drops mic

Oct. 31, 2016, 6:29 p.m.

I think this is a ploy by the NSMBA to increase the attendance for the AGM on November 28th.

Oct. 31, 2016, 6:30 p.m.

I hope that Hazen does run. I don't like his odds of being elected but the system is the system and we need to live with the result.

Just like Brexit. Just like how Trump can run. And just like how that other farse Justin Trudeau can get elected with a resume that wouldn't even justify an interview at any place I've worked over the past 15yrs.

All it takes to be elected is votes folks!

Oct. 31, 2016, 6:37 p.m.

Well there is value in having him on the board. You get two or three personalities the price of one!

Oct. 31, 2016, 6:37 p.m.

I think this is a ploy by the NSMBA to increase the attendance for the AGM on November 28th.

Or a ploy by nsmb to increase traffic on the forums.

Seriously, anyone can create a "Hazen Colbert" handle. Has Hazen Colbert been made aware of these threads to give a chance to deny, or might that bring in another personality.

Chainsmoker 8)

Oct. 31, 2016, 6:45 p.m.

Yeah right. So in theory you're saying each and every citizen in the District has some right to demand a meeting with the NSMBA or any other District funded non profit. Really? Or would it be that the contact would be through the municiple government? You have no standing in the local government so you have no right to demand any meeting. You would certainly be welcome at the NSMBA general meeting. As would Mrs. Craver although the audience will be less than receptive.

Thank you to the poster who provided the correct date - November 28, 2016.

No "demands" for a meeting were made. A _request _under the Societies Act was made to the NSMBA. Their lawyer contacted me and asked that I meet with her. I agreed. Such process is the consequence of the new Act and is entirely regular. Any party can request access to certain society records even if they are not a member.

I represent all the residents in my catchment regardless of their political affiliation and for whom they voted. I do not take campaign contributions from special interest groups.

Thank you for your continuing support.

www.hazencolbert2014.ca

Hazen Colbert